• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you expect from E3?

• Everything was loot crates

Votes: 63 10.0%
  • Everything was randomly generated maps

Votes: 31 4.9%
  • Everything was class based

Votes: 23 3.7%
  • Everything was F2P

Votes: 17 2.7%
  • Everything was battle royale

Votes: 493 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
What game is this?
tumblr_oviv9t7aUQ1qgojgxo5_540.gif

Metal Gear Rhianna

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say being able to run the division on all max settings and still hold 60fps even while downsampling feels pretty good. Really gives me that "I'm back" feeling for PC gaming.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
2ZN5why.png

When you realize that not only has it been nearly 5 years since you got a Platinum, but that in the span of a year since your last Platinum you got at least 10 Platinums in that same year.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Annnd KD is down XD Unfortunately ShadowPlay didn't record audio (damn you nVidia!!!) but here it is how i did it (it was mostly the luck XD) Teeth

Deleted member 30974

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
What genre are you interested in?
Steam has a page/category for games under $5 and I've ranked them by user reviews
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Reviews_DESC&category1=998&filter=ut2

There is also this site that highlights 250 hidden gems on Steam, and it has a page that shows which games are $5 or less
https://steam250.com/price/under5

Thank you so much :)
There are a TON of games
I'm mostly on rpg/jrpg, action, tps, fps and adventure. Can you recommend something ?:)

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thank you so much :)
There are a TON of games
I'm mostly on rpg/jrpg, action, tps, fps and adventure. Can you recommend something ?:)
These aren't at $5 or less but here's a quickie short list
Ys 1+2, Ys 3 Oath in Felghana, Ys 6, Ys Seven, Xanadu Next, Trails in the Sky (1st, 2nd and 3rd chapters), Trails of Cold Steel, Tokyo Xanadu, Zwei Zwei

Far as shooters go: Doom 2016, Armed & Dangerous, RAGE, Darkness 2, Metal Gear Rising, Lords of Shadow 1 and 2, Devil May Cry 4, DMC HD Collection, Lost Planet 3, grab the Portal games if you don't own them yet.

By Adventure do you mean Point & Click or games involving exploration? If the former, look up anything by LucasArts, Wadjet Eye, Telltale and Double Fine, for the latter there is Tomb Raider Anniversary, TR Underworld, Hob.

That's it off the top of my head for now @_@.

Have some music playing and just browse the list if you see something you like from there just wishlist it or buy it. Steam has a refund policy in case you run into any issues.

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Killer Instinct is such a fun game, but why is it so bombarded with skill tress and item inventory for a fighting game?

Yes I know it was F2P at one one point but the amount of RPG elements and EXP indicators is just ugh.

Still a fantastic fighting game.

yexeoQZ.jpg

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
PC Gaming ERA | July

So June is fast approaching, with the new thread we will break the recommendations / Monthly game format into these categories:

Recommendations
Same as always, however you can now Recommend games outside of Steam, as long as it comes out during that month.

Recommendations so far:
- Sonic Mania PLus - Tizoc
- Megaman X Legacy Collections - Tizoc

Monthly Challenge
Only 1 game can be submitted for this entry each month, it's basically a way for people to play a game to obtain a certain achievement or challenge

Recommendation so far:
-
NONE SO FAR

Monthly Retro
This will basically replace GOTM, it's for any game that has come out that people may have not played. Only 1 game per month, first come first served.

Recommendation so far:
-
NONE SO FAR

I implore all of you to write recommendations for any of the above and to send me a PM, I will post them in the next OP.

Thank you for your support.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Killer Instinct is such a fun game, but why is it so bombarded with skill tress and item inventory for a fighting game?

Yes I know it was F2P at one one point but the amount of RPG elements and EXP indicators is just ugh.

yexeoQZ.jpg
Skill trees and the item inventory are for locking away the cosmetic customization parts. Incentive for folks to keep playing the game if they're not the competitive type and already played through the single player modes to death.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I have reached the final boss of The Surge. That last level is quite the crazy maze.

Wonder how long it will take to beat this one...

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Well they rolled out the Boss monsters in the Salien steam sale game. And apparently the max exp way to fight them to damage as slowly as possible LOL.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

yexeoQZ.jpg

It's mainly for people who want more carrots to chase really. Since it doesn't amount to much gameplay wise.
I was just playing some today myself and was filling bars to get a few achievements I missed.

hom3land

Oct 27, 2017
In between skins? Instantaneous based on your scores lol.

Of course only if you have it on the most modern of ssds :3

I just only have 3 out of two hundred steam friends who have bought one of the best games of all time.

ah ok. Seems like a stupid question but they were bitching about it on the Giant Bomb podcast which i thought of all games Lumines would not be one i'd think would have an issue loading.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I haven't listened to that bombcast but it's been so long since I played the psp game and I got 7 skins in before I filled the screen and failed so I assume there's not an issue on PC? Maybe the times are wack I don't know.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Mhm, looking over all the companies/developers/publishers attending Anime Expo (July 4th-8th) I would say chances are pretty dang high for a nice batch of PC announcements.

Really hoping JAST USA will eventually put more stuff on Steam.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
OK so, assuming I finish The Surge (and I have to at his point, it is a moral imperative), what Souls or Souls-like game should I take on next? I would say my priorities would be:

1) as reasonable difficulty as possible
2) cool level design - I think this was the best part of the Surge
I'd say 3) would be not dreary fantasy environment but I think I'll be out of luck there

I have these games:

-Soulsbourne
Demon's Souls (probably a bad idea because I did get about 3 bosses into it a little while back and got stuck)
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne

-3D Souls-like
Lords of the Fallen
Malebolgia

-2d Souls-like
Salt and Sanctuary

Deleted member 3888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK so, assuming I finish The Surge (and I have to at his point, it is a moral imperative), what Souls or Souls-like game should I take on next? I would say my priorities would be:

I'd say 3) would be not dreary fantasy environment but I think I'll be out of luck there

I have these games:

-Soulsbourne
Demon's Souls (probably a bad idea because I did get about 3 bosses into it a little while back and got stuck)
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne

-3D Souls-like
Lords of the Fallen
Malebolgia

-2d Souls-like
Salt and Sanctuary

dark souls 1 is a safe bet, difficulty is pretty fair overall, and the world design was good, it's the only souls game I've finished. Can't get into 2 and gave up, haven't played 3 and bloodborne.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017

I have these games:

-Soulsbourne
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne

-3D Souls-like
Lords of the Fallen
Malebolgia

-2d Souls-like
Salt and Sanctuary

I mean if you liked the Surge you've gotta play the Dark Souls trilogy. In order of release or you can do 2 then 1 then 3 since visually 2 feels like it predates 1 despite releasing afterwards.

Dark Souls 1 has best level design by far. And tbh it probably has best level design in any video game ever. It does have a very difficult start compared to the other games imo.

All three are apocalyptic medieval dark fantasy. Very dreary but also in their own genre really as there is nothing like them.

Lords of the Fallen is kind of a mediocre clunky first attempt by those guys at that type of game. They nailed it with the Surge on their second attempt. Don't know if you want to go backwards to it tho Lords is a very short game so you can knock it out in like 10-12hrs.

shockdude

Oct 26, 2017
BREAK ARTS II just showed up in my discovery queue. It's a future combat racing game with mechs, kind of like wipeout except you pilot mechs instead of hovercrafts.
As a fan of arcade racers, I'm a bit hesitant on the racing gameplay, but at the same time the game has the coolest mech customization I've ever seen. Not only is every component individually placeable, their animations are customizable as well.
Just watch the trailer on the Steam page.
ss_279775b7af568398043800750fd300a48a7bd83a.600x338.jpg
ss_f597100cadf709b0ce186e00a5381bacca8f5580.600x338.jpg
ss_f0af068a714a1afc2f07fee3d051995c23db9a79.600x338.jpg

Deleted member 30974

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
These aren't at $5 or less but here's a quickie short list
Ys 1+2, Ys 3 Oath in Felghana, Ys 6, Ys Seven, Xanadu Next, Trails in the Sky (1st, 2nd and 3rd chapters), Trails of Cold Steel, Tokyo Xanadu, Zwei Zwei

Far as shooters go: Doom 2016, Armed & Dangerous, RAGE, Darkness 2, Metal Gear Rising, Lords of Shadow 1 and 2, Devil May Cry 4, DMC HD Collection, Lost Planet 3, grab the Portal games if you don't own them yet.

By Adventure do you mean Point & Click or games involving exploration? If the former, look up anything by LucasArts, Wadjet Eye, Telltale and Double Fine, for the latter there is Tomb Raider Anniversary, TR Underworld, Hob.

That's it off the top of my head for now @_@.

Have some music playing and just browse the list if you see something you like from there just wishlist it or buy it. Steam has a refund policy in case you run into any issues.

Thank you so much. Definitely will buy something to play during my free time :)

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
Hello, I am a bot! I come bearing 1 gifts from InquisitorAles!

This is a raffle that will expire in 14 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

t1530401828z0.png

How to Participate:

To enter this giveaway click here to send a private message to me, GiftBot, with the subject line entry.

In the message body, copy and paste the entire line below for the prize you wish to win. You are allowed only 1 entry per giveaway.

Available Prizes:

Infection: Humanity's Last Gasp -- GB-44c9a095-042c-4acb-9179-7c5a37d6d57e - Won by voodoo

Last edited:

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I tried one of the older Y's games and couldn't get into it. Gameplay seemed too simplistic and button mashy.

I've always been interested in Celceta though, the game looks more appealing to me for some reason. Never got it on the Vita so I'll give it a shot someday.
Man, I'm tackling so many games right now.
I never used to do this but because I have so little time I get frustrated playing the same game for months so I start other games both to introduce variety and because it feels like I'm making more progress in my backlog if I'm putting time into multiple games.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I tried one of the older Y's games and couldn't get into it. Gameplay seemed too simplistic and button mashy.
Button mashing in a Ys game is a good strategy to get your ass handed to you. The games expect you to adapt to enemies in various ways, and what works against the simple grunts, will get you killed super fast against more advanced enemies.
The very first two Ys games don't have any button pressing at all, you just need to run into enemies at oblique angles - or slightly offcenter, which might harm you if you don't get it quite right.

Status
Not open for further replies.