• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Played a bit of Void Bastards. Not really into rogue-likes/lites but what is there is pretty interesting.
Will probably poke some more at it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Microsoft press conference is going to be the true E3 PC Gaming Show.

That's a good point. After Gears 5 coming to Steam, we're likely to see a ton of stuff there being confirmed for Steam after the show.

how you know they will talk about pc? they focus on xbox from what i see.

All first party titles are made for Xbox and PC. They just announced they're pushing their first party stuff on Windows Store and Steam.
Their tactic is likely "Hey, you can get gamepass and be in our eco-system to play these games on PC OR you can pay full price and place on Steam".
It's a smart move, since a lot of PC players will pay more just to be on steam and if not, they'll get gamepass and be in MS's ecosystem.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
New thread! Ahhhhh.....
I'm most hyped for the Kinda Funny E3 somehow. Showed a lot of cool indie titles last year.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Great work Uzzy

E3 month and I'm not even hyped for it.

The only thing that will keep me going is when Capcom ignores Dino Crisis again and Jawmuncher going insane because of it.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Great work Uzzy

E3 month and I'm not even hyped for it.

The only thing that will keep me going is when Capcom ignores Dino Crisis again and Jawmuncher going insane because of it.
4GTYz9H.gif

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Free to keep:

Also I will watch the PC Gaming E3 Show sponsored by Epic

Seems like less than 50% of the games shown are exclusive to the horrible shit store. Also I want to hear the crowd mourn and boo at all the developers that sold their soul

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit of Void Bastards. Not really into rogue-likes/lites but what is there is pretty interesting.
Will probably poke some more at it.

is the shooting kinda stiff? thats the impression I got watching reviews. I am not expecting DOOM level gunplay but it really didnt look great on that front

could be wrong tho

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
is the shooting kinda stiff? thats the impression I got watching reviews. I am not expecting DOOM level gunplay but it really didnt look great on that front

could be wrong tho

yes, you're not there for the shooting per se. Doom it is not. More akin to Prey (the recent one) or System Shock I guess since it has people that worked on that.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Steam talk: My friends are playing Stellaris and it is on sale however I generally suck at RTS games, not because of patience but just don't seem to enjoy the overwhelming management structure the genre offers. Oddly enough I enjoy Crusader Kings 2 and am really wanting to get Total War: Three Kingdoms (though I love all Total War games) but Stellaris just looks like something I will not enjoy. I guess try for 2 hours and then return if I don't like it? Any thoughts?
--
Epic talk: So, did Metro get a massive price drop on Epic early on in the sale or did it happen very recently as in the last couple of days? The base game is now down to $48.74 from $64.99 (Australian regional pricing) when I swear it was only $54.99 around the time the sale and shit storm ensued. Maybe I'm recalling wrong information but that is a massive drop in price and then on top of that $10 from Epic, surely that is not a good return for pub/devs?

Also the free game City of Brass certainly looks quite the generic Serious Sam mixed with fantasy but I won't judge a free game by its gameplay video. Anyone bothered to play it? I actually haven't even installed any of the free games Epic has been giving out, just grabbing them because free.

Side note, I've said it enough but gosh the UI for this store is atrocious sometimes. In order to see what the game is even about in my library I have to click its tiny name, not the actual logo which is just one big install button despite a clear install button below the logo.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Max and Chloe?

Anyway, while I'm here, I need to get some things off my chest about the Epic game store

<cracks knuckes>

I'll start part 1 of 12 in my next post.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
Steam talk: My friends are playing Stellaris and it is on sale however I generally suck at RTS games, not because of patience but just don't seem to enjoy the overwhelming management structure the genre offers. Oddly enough I enjoy Crusader Kings 2 and am really wanting to get Total War: Three Kingdoms (though I love all Total War games) but Stellaris just looks like something I will not enjoy. I guess try for 2 hours and then return if I don't like it? Any thoughts?

It's a mix of Grand Strategy (Crusader Kings) and 4X (Civilization). I really enjoyed the long-term development you can make as a species in Stellaris. Some of the events have some great long-term consequences too. I say give it a try. Total War: Three Kingdoms looks really good too.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Steamworld Quest has a great art style and the enemies in particular look great, not really into card/deck building games but it seems super charming and maybe I'll come to appreciate it by the end.

Need that Heist 2 tho

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's a mix of Grand Strategy (Crusader Kings) and 4X (Civilization). I really enjoyed the long-term development you can make as a species in Stellaris. Some of the events have some great long-term consequences too. I say give it a try. Total War: Three Kingdoms looks really good too.
I mean for $14AUD I can bite on that and not be disappointed if it means a gaming session with mates laughing and talking shit. I wanted to grab Total War on launch but didn't get a chance to, though kind of glad as it seems the price is dropping decently quick which is common for these games.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be moving on to Max Payne 3 once I'm finished with my replay of Spec Ops: The Line. I sure hope it's aged better.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Stellaris tries to bridge 4X games (like Civilization) with Paradox's grand strategy titles. Don't think of it as an RTS because it's not. It's played in real time with game speed control (including pause), though, just like CK2. If you like the CK2, I think you'd enjoy Stellaris for similar reasons; the gameplay isn't necessarily the same, but it delivers those same kinds of interesting stories.

But both Stellaris and Three Kingdoms are really good, so you can't go wrong with either of them. One is just a lot cheaper than the other rn, especially once the sales start.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
HEALTH OST, good gunplay, great dialogue...unskippable cutscenes.
That's fixable: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Max_Payne_3#Skip_in-game_cutscenes
I started it a few weeks ago (coincidentally) but I'd say it has far more issues than just the unskippable cutscenes. For starters, the mouse input is awful. I have to drop my mouse to 200 CPI to minimize the negative acceleration it has, which means that camera movements are not smooth. Aim speed is also linked to frame rate and FOV.
I don't understand the praise the game gets here.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Because despite mouse specific issues 7 fucking years later it has the best physics and hit reactions of any third person shooter on the market. Which is honestly a huge bummer, this generation has had so little technical innovation and honestly a lot of regression :/

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
A few months ago, I listened to a podcast eagerly discuss the hot banger Max Payne 3. It was a seven year old episode of the Bombcast.

Time passes, y'all.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Still upset rockstar social club ate my save and all my dumb achievement grinds but I'm excited to do my 10th playthrough at 4K and no aliasing.

Third person shooters should be better then Max Payne 3 7 years later

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I've made it a few missions into Conan Unconquered so I figured I'd post some impressions since it seems to be a pretty low key release. It's a decent wave-based RTS survival game (though I'm not sure if it still counts as an RTS when you can pause as much as you like and issue orders). Anyone familiar with They are Billions will know how it plays as it seems to be heavily based on that but with more of a focus on your Hero unit (Conan and a couple others) which are insanely strong and can tank early enemy waves all by themselves. I like that there is a real rush to the waves so you don't really get a lot of time to just sit back and build a gigantic maze base. Space is a huge priority as is making use of the resources around you, and there is also upkeep to keep you from just spamming unnecessary buildings. Early on it's also encouraged to go out and explore the map, killing monsters and destroying dens to get some easy treasure which makes it feel kind of Warcraft 3'ish with creep hunting.

It does feel very barebones though, as there is only 5 real missions with multiple difficulties and then coop multiplayer and a challenge system. There is barely any story outside the mission text and no real guided tutorial either, the game kind of just throws you into the shit. For 30 bucks it's a hard sell because of that, but I do think the base gameplay is solid and I like the Conan themed environments and enemies. Would be a good pickup on sale for people into stuff like They are Billions or Stronghold.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Finally playing Max Payne 3 at 4K 60 is so great, and just confirms my posts above about this being a game that sadly hasn't been bested. Still looks amazing and animation wise far beyond anything in GTA V. Amazing game

Edit: legitimately hasn't dated and the animations are still incredible. It feels more modern than anything in GTA V. I can't get over how ahead of its time Max Payne 3 feels, it really hasn't aged for better or worse. Same flaws, same incredible animations

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.