• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
wasnt that what the ff7 remaster was?
The models are completely different, so it's not just the PC port.

D8vu-gsVsAAqbBn.jpg

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I havent played FF8 since...it came out, so I guess its a "mind's eye" thing because it just looked like FF8 to me.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I played like the first hour of Sunset Overdrive since it's on Game Pass. I think I'm gonna like this game. It looks and runs great on PC, and the traversal is a lot of fun. Can't wait to play more.

Also, Game Pass is fucking legit. I'm so happy.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I dont get companies and ports. Like, obviously here people would care more about when something is missing on PC, but its not a PC only phenomenon. XB keeps getting the shaft for whatever reason, and a good example is Octopath just now. I was watching the SE conference and they had the Steam trailer, and a friend of mine asked "why didnt they put this on ps4 and xb also?" and im like "yeah why DIDNT they put it on the consoles also?" lol. It's so weird what goes into these decisions.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Very interested to see where Xbox PC Gamepass goes. Right now they're doing a much better job at appealing to to people across the board, especially with how they're handling things over Epic.

My main hopes right now are

- Get more titles onto the platform that have Xbox Features (Achievements, Cross-save, etc)
- Allow the launcher to include other MS store games owned
- Add a Achievement box in the overlay

Right now though, the launcher is in a pretty good place for those who just want to play on PC with the base feature set.

Arulan

Oct 25, 2017
Rhaknar I think there are a few factors for why a publisher like Square-Enix would only port to PC/Steam:
  • The software on the platform will continue to be readily available on changes of generation, and rarely calls for remasters.
  • The platform has a history of having a very long-tail for sales, in part due to the above point. They may not see a large market for the launch-driven sales of consoles, but are fine with PC sales continuing to trickle for decades after.
  • A lot of Japanese developers use Steam as their access to the West, while the choice of console (Switch or PS4) revolves around the Japanese market.
Ultimately I'd prefer if all titles were available everywhere, assuming no design compromises are involved, but I've heard these reasons repeated quite a few times now.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Some peeps mentioned how some pubs didnt want to get into the whole egs and steam debacle. As is we might see a lot of more pc stuff during gamescom in late August.

I don't blame them. When looking at the PC enthusiasts crowd, it isn't worth the effort and you'd really get nothing for it.
Sure it's great to be on a stage to reveal something, but as we've seen literally EVERYTHING was overshadowed by the Shenmue 3 debate.
Not really a good place to announce/show-off anything if you're not getting paid for it.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I tried FF8 once and didn't really like it. Maybe I'll give a shot but I need to replay the best of the playstation FF games first, FF9!

Also, Phoenix Point coming out on pc gamepass boys and girls:

I can avoid EGS with this game now.

It's crazy that Game Pass saving Phoenix Point and OuterWorlds for me until I can purchase Steam versions. Microsoft is doing so much to make me love them it's crazy.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
Some peeps mentioned how some pubs didnt want to get into the whole egs and steam debacle. As is we might see a lot of more pc stuff during gamescom in late August.

To be honest I was kind of hoping SE would announce a Kingdom Hearts 3 port - it's a very notable big budget high profile omission in their PC library. Even if it was EGS exclusive (because Unreal Engine 4) I'd have been happy, but I wonder if, as with Crystal Chronicles, SE has the notion that the 2 games are too 'kiddie' for the PC market (and if so, how much truth there is to that).

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Let's see how much SE will charge for this remaster. This looks exactly the same as FFIX, they upgraded characters models and tuned some stuff in and there, so this should be 21€ like FFIX...now see SE charging 50€ for it.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
PC Gaming Show was disappointing. Nothing exciting like last year when Sega suddenly announced Yakuza.
I'm probably in the minority in here but I thought it was great seeing 30+ games or whatever and practically every single one of them showing off gameplay.

Kinda Funny showcase was solid too but they blew through a lot of them to get a solid idea of what they were and there wasn't as much that caught my eye there.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
People do not even bother review-bombing these days.

All it took is for Valve to implement their system to deal with review-bombing, and people won't even try. Quite amazing.

CJA7WT8.png

There are only two (2) negative reviews:

Erj4Uf7.png

jTfv70t.png

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
People do not even bother review-bombing these days.

CJA7WT8.png

All it took is for Valve to implement their system to deal with review-bombing, and people won't even try. Quite amazing.

And another way to make yourself heard is going down the drain. I hope Epic gives Valve a kick in the butt so that Valve's monopoly on not giving users an outlet for their criticism is shattered!

;)

PS: what game?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I'm probably in the minority in here but I thought it was great seeing 30+ games or whatever and practically every single one of them showing off gameplay.

Kinda Funny showcase was solid too but they blew through a lot of them to get a solid idea of what they were and there wasn't as much that caught my eye there.

Yeah, I felt the same. It gave a prominent stage to a whole host of interesting looking indie games, which is great to see. It'd have been nice to see a big announcement too, but that's the cherry on top for me.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

While shenmue 3 is a huge sour point, it shouldnt overshadow the many titles shown and announced. There are lots of neat games coming over the next months that all look promising.
Ms flight simulator 2020 for one is one of the op 5 highlights of e3 to me.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I felt the same. It gave a prominent stage to a whole host of interesting looking indie games, which is great to see. It'd have been nice to see a big announcement too, but that's the cherry on top for me.
Yeah, Baldur's Gate felt like it took the "big surprise" slot, but that was just announced and was too early to show anything so it was kind of a dud ending.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Exodus is super pretty, shocking absolutely noone (since the previous games, especially Last Light were already lookers, and they were 360 games)

What is shocking is that its on gamepass, lol Timmy.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017

BG3 was just the same cg reel, with an interview that remarkably added nothing. I was amazed at how well they were able to stand there and talk and have zero new info come forthcoming.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
BG3 was just the same cg reel, with an interview that remarkably added nothing. I was amazed at how well they were able to stand there and talk and have zero new info come forthcoming.
It felt especially lame especially because they just put out a community update and gamespot video with the same two leads talking about the game so anything else would be superfluous at this point.

I wonder if there were plans to have the announcement teaser debut at the PC Gaming Show at some point and something fell through or Larian decided against it.

Deleted member 1698

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While shenmue 3 is a huge sour point, it shouldnt overshadow the many titles shown and announced. There are lots of neat games coming over the next months that all look promising.
Ms flight simulator 2020 for one is one of the op 5 highlights of e3 to me.

If you feel down about Shenmue 3, pay the $1 and play through a bit of Shenmue 1 or 2. That should completely cure any bad feelings.

I agree though that MS Flight sim looks amazing. Timing feels right too.

Status
Not open for further replies.