• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
granted I barely followed Metro Exodus, I remember watching the announce trailer like 2 years ago or whenever it was (last year maybe?), but wasnt the game supposed to be more open world or something this time around?

So far its pretty much just a Metro game. Not that that is a bad thing per se, just unexpected.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Been a bit of a limp E3, hoping for a Cadence of Hyrule shadowdrop today as a consolation.

I'm glad VTMB2 looks good though. I had a real worry that they'd bitten off more than they could chew and it'd look a lot lower budget than expected, but it looks pretty great.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so Phoenix Point is coming to PC Game Pass? That's.....did Epic fuck up when making that deal or was their only demand "Don't be on Steam"? It has to be the later but that's so weird to me.

Oct 25, 2017
From some devs who rejected the Epic deal we know that its only Steam you are not allowed to release it on, but other storefronts are fine...
I mean, I guess Epic knows who their real opponent here is but....that seems so stupid.
I probably wouldn't have bought the game anyway if I can get it on Gamepass (weird how I can easily ignore Steam if somebody gives me a viable alternative where I actually benefit from buying from their store) but still

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I mean, I guess Epic knows who their real opponent here is but....that seems so stupid.
I probably wouldn't have bought the game anyway if I can get it on Gamepass (weird how I can easily ignore Steam if somebody gives me a viable alternative where I actually benefit from buying from their store) but still

The worst thing for Epic about Gamepass is...

Just get your "free gamepass" with MS rewards. Or games that just take 1 playthrough to experience them, you could just use that month, finish the game on a weekend and be done with it....

Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing for Epic about Gamepass is...

Just get your "free gamepass" with MS rewards. Or games that just take 1 playthrough to experience them, you could just use that month, finish the game on a weekend and be done with it....
Yeah totally.
Honestly Gamepass seemed such an insane value proposition that I thought about getting the new Xbox just for it.
It's still insane to me that you get new games at launch day. And you can cancel every month so I'm not even locked in if the service get's worse.
That's insane to me, I have no idea how this is viable.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
That's insane to me, I have no idea how this is viable.

For the developers it most likely just straight up isn't. Just remember the race to the bottom with humble bundles and this is even crasser than that.

You can play multiple brand new games for 4€, finish them and cancel your sub.

Who cares tho, if no developer cares about the long term health of the market then I won't either anymore because im tired of hearing crying developers 5 minutes before they repeat the same mistakes again.

Ill gladly sub to that gamepass, I will always have anime when indiedevs are dying again

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ill gladly sub to that gamepass, I will always have anime when indiedevs are dying again
08.jpg

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
It wouldn't make much sense to review bomb Shenmue 1+2 anyway. Completely different publishers involved.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Holy shit, Game Pass is insane. Sadly enough I already own games like Imperator Rome, Sunset Overdrive and a couple more.

But I'm subbed

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I assume Game Pass shares saves from games bought prior on Windows Store, right?

Which game?

I can imagine there will be a difference between the UWP games on there and the Win32 ones. Not sure if a game like Hellblade, Sunset Overdrive or ARK are the UWP or Win32 versions.

So eh.. don't know. I assume it works for most of 'm

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Which game?

I can imagine there will be a difference between the UWP games on there and the Win32 ones. Not sure if a game like Hellblade, Sunset Overdrive or ARK are the UWP or Win32 versions.

We Happy Few. I'm nearly done anyway so I could probably just hold off on it. It's not as if I actually need more games to play right now.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure if this is the right place but I need help

I have a pre built PC, specifically a HP Pavilion. I cant remember the exact model of the desktopm but my card is a Radeon RX 580. Problem is I cannot update to 1809. Nothing will work. Everytime I update, I get a black screen upon boot. The past several times I have tried, I had to revert back. I have made sure my Radeon drivers are update to date since supposedly AMD cards are the problem. There are no other updates in the queue. Am I missing something here? Can anyone help?

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I am not sure if this is the right place but I need help

I have a pre built PC, specifically a HP Pavilion. I cant remember the exact model of the desktopm but my card is a Radeon RX 580. Problem is I cannot update to 1809. Nothing will work. Everytime I update, I get a black screen upon boot. The past several times I have tried, I had to revert back. I have made sure my Radeon drivers are update to date since supposedly AMD cards are the problem. There are no other updates in the queue. Am I missing something here? Can anyone help?
Have you tried updating to 1903? That's been out for a couple of weeks: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

Perhaps you could uninstall the AMD drivers before updating if 1903 still won't work properly.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Which game?

I believe you can tell the difference between Win32 and UWP games because on the game page on the Xbox app, Win32 apps say "Administrator approval required for installation."

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Steam releases have separate entries on their store. That Avengers listing is for the physical version

Not a confirmation or anything but it's too soon to tell.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
At this point shlooters releasing on Steam seems more like exception than the rule. That 100% microtransaction mullah is too tempting.

I was really surprised but happy that we'll finally get Destiny 2 on Steam. Will be interesting too see if it can take advantage of the shlooter hype and act as a Borderlands 3 substitute.

Oct 28, 2017
At this point shlooters releasing on Steam seems more like exception than the rule. That 100% microtransaction mullah is too tempting.

I was really surprised but happy that we'll finally get Destiny 2 on Steam. Will be interesting too see if it can take advantage of the shlooter hype and act as a Borderlands 3 substitute.

I feel like Destiny 2 will do really strongly on Steam, though the F2P release being all the way out in September might dull down the hype for it. Regardless, it'll get a huge burst in players, since its a big name and F2P.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Steam releases have separate entries on their store. That Avengers listing is for the physical version

Not a confirmation or anything but it's too soon to tell.

You can go and register for beta but you need beta key before select platform. It just says PC so i wonder if somebody did pre-order it and registered for beta. Maybe it says more after you select PC platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.