• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanta

May 27, 2018
I really hope with the new Library UI they add something like that "Surprise me" button on the new Xbox app, it's really cool!

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
This gamepass subscription holds an insane value. So many great games for such a price (beta price). The new Xbox app is also SOOOO much better than the shitty store. I'm digging it, specially for FH4.

Besides, how can I test the new Steam UI that I've seen popping up here on this thread? I have joined the beta on the client but nothing changed

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
This gamepass subscription holds an insane value. So many great games for such a price (beta price). The new Xbox app is also SOOOO much better than the shitty store. I'm digging it, specially for FH4.

me, teggy and jawmuncher sitting here going

2e43a86e38ac80c99cd10c612210fdb1.gif

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah totally.
Honestly Gamepass seemed such an insane value proposition that I thought about getting the new Xbox just for it.
It's still insane to me that you get new games at launch day. And you can cancel every month so I'm not even locked in if the service get's worse.
That's insane to me, I have no idea how this is viable.

It's viable because most people don't rush games and then cancel the subscription after a month and a ton of them forget they're even subscribed, just like with any other subscription based service. MS have already said they go +++ like crazy with Game Pass, I'd assume devs are well compensated as well.

lazerfox

Oct 26, 2017
Switzerland
I really hope with the new Library UI they add something like that "Surprise me" button on the new Xbox app, it's really cool!
Funny thing is, that "Surprise me" button is actually the only way I can download games that aren't on the main page right now. Search function doesn't work and if I click on anything else besides a game page I get an error. I had to click a few dozen times until I got Void Bastard. That's some next level loot box integration.

I later found out that I can just use the Microsoft Store to search and download the games.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Astroneer is pretty.
astroneerscreenshot20k0j6j.jpg
It is very, very pretty. I love just jumping in for s cozy time.

--

I'm using steam controller for Outer Wilds however I'm not quite sure what the best "non-Steam" game profile is for the controller? Any recommendations?

Also Game Pass is indeed amazing value, especially considering we aren't just now getting scraps but an actual focus.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017

theSoularian

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up to Gamepass and the first game I downloaded..... Recore. Only to realize after that it's not the definitive edition and it has bugs :/

ConfusedOwl

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've also been trying out PC gamepass with Void Bastards and it's been a blast so far. I'll actually get to play Outer Worlds and some other new releases and not need to pay $80 CAD each for them on day 1. Usually I hate subscriptions but I could see myself staying subbed for a while, at least while they have stuff that I want to play. Helps that I'm letting my PS+ laps this year.

One of the last games making me hold onto my PS3. So glad it's finally getting a PC release.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anyone here spotted it, but another one has bitten the dust.

Effectively killing off the Linux version for a year too.

Dev of course jumps into the Steam discussion to say people not picking the game up are "die hard steam fans" https://steamcommunity.com/app/785790/discussions/0/1639787494969976522/
Some devs really need to learn when to stay silent. The whole baiting part of your potential userbase is so stupid.

On the other hand you have Goose Game which was clear, explained the reasons why and did nothing bad.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Apropo of nothing :
This week I decided to knock " Dishonored : death of the outsider" off my backlog , and man did we as a society failed Arkane by letting Dishonored 2 and prey to sale badly . Im convinced they got the best map design in the biz currently, and if they are turned off single player completely in the future then we all lost something special .

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have you tried updating to 1903? That's been out for a couple of weeks: https://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

Perhaps you could uninstall the AMD drivers before updating if 1903 still won't work properly.
Tried updating through this link, still didnt work. Literally stumped and incredibly frustrated. This must the 5th time I have tried to update.

Reverting back AMD drivers causes blue screens. I updated bios and everything HP recommend.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if anyone here spotted it, but another one has bitten the dust.

Effectively killing off the Linux version for a year too.

Dev of course jumps into the Steam discussion to say people not picking the game up are "die hard steam fans" https://steamcommunity.com/app/785790/discussions/0/1639787494969976522/
And now using the "No curation has ruined Steam" argument. Honestly besides a few exceptions, EGS feels like it's becoming the place for games that reviewed poorly elsewhere (Omen of Sorrow, Rollercoaster Tycoon) or game the devs have little faith in doing well cause they could end up completely mediocre or bad.

Deleted member 18407

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tried updating through this link, still didnt work. Literally stumped and incredibly frustrated. This must the 5th time I have tried to update.

Reverting back AMD drivers causes blue screens. I updated bios and everything HP recommend.
I've got an RX 580 too and am having the same problems. I can't get to 1903 either.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I think I'm done with E3 and reading the gaming side for awhile. I wandered into the Nintendo E3 and noticed all of the avatars of the people berating me for doubting a Switch Witcher 3 port. Half of the them "WE AVOIDED THE INTERNET ALL WEEKEND TO GO DARK" Add in the Shenmue shit and fuck E3 and hype culture. Era is about to crash because people are going to lose their minds over remakes of childhood games, JFC.

I'm going to the dentist, then off work for the rest of the day and going to stay in and play PC games all afternoon/night. I will update.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done with E3 and reading the gaming side for awhile. I wandered into the Nintendo E3 and noticed all of the avatars of the people berating me for doubting a Switch Witcher 3 port. Half of the them "WE AVOIDED THE INTERNET ALL WEEKEND TO GO DARK" Add in the Shenmue shit and fuck E3 and hype culture. Era is about to crash because people are going to lose their minds over remakes of childhood games, JFC.

I'm going to the dentist, then off work for the rest of the day and going to stay in and play PC games all afternoon/night. I will update.
Gaming side is tragic, much like this years E3

Kifimbo

Oct 28, 2017

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, I like watching the Nintendo directs, but NintendoEra and hype culture generally are seriously awful. I don't go anywhere near them.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
So I got a question. I now have Hellblade from PC Gamepass, but it's stuck on 4K even if I change the resolution, so I'm getting garbage performance. Looks like in the Steam version I can adjust the .ini files to tweak some things. Can I do the same thing with the Gamepass version?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So I got a question. I now have Hellblade from PC Gamepass, but it's stuck on 4K even if I change the resolution, so I'm getting garbage performance. Looks like in the Steam version I can adjust the .ini files to tweak some things. Can I do the same thing with the Gamepass version?
If it is a UWP game no (as the files are encrypted). Taking into account it is stuck at your monitor resolution, I guess it is UWP.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Mafia 1 is pretty cheap on Humble atm. Is there anything I should be aware of regarding the Steam release or can I get it and mod back removed stuff without issues?

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
If it is a UWP game no (as the files are encrypted). Taking into account it is stuck at your monitor resolution, I guess it is UWP.

Bahh. Nothing worse than having to change my desktop resolution before I start a game. Also means I cannot remove motion blur, CA and film grain. I'm beginning to see why people aren't too keen on this.

Thanks for the info.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Bahh. Nothing worse than having to change my desktop resolution before I start a game. Also means I cannot remove motion blur, CA and film grain. I'm beginning to see why people aren't too keen on this.

Thanks for the info.
It's just another launcher bro! I'm really happy they're moving on from UWP for PC games now, the ones that are still UWP are bad enough.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017

These dev comments on Epic exclusivity always read really strangely. It's a weird mix of trying to spin it as a mutual positive, but with tons of condescension slathered on.

It's lacking some features at the moment, but their team is hard at work and more stores is going to be great for both developers and players in the long run.

More stores are better, but takes their game off all stores but one.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Some devs really need to learn when to stay silent. The whole baiting part of your potential userbase is so stupid.

On the other hand you have Goose Game which was clear, explained the reasons why and did nothing bad.

I have seen them at IndieCade Europe. These are the kind of indie devs who set up videogame installations at festivals/museums. I don't think you realize how small their team is, and how genuine they are. There is no way that they could remain silent or come up with some PR.

Maybe they could have copied Goose's PR though, I agree:

Last edited:

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, their future replies, and the fact that they joined in on the GamingOnLinux comments makes them seem fairly genuine. I think that initial reply of "it's been hard to be a die hard steam fan" is massively patronizing nonsense and did them no favours though.

Status
Not open for further replies.