• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Why didn't Epic announce RDR2 EGS exclusive? :[
They could probably burn half a billion on that exclusive and dozens of other games would be saved from EGS themselves.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I wonder whether AutoChess will be F2P. I have watched the announcement again, and they do not mention the monetization.
The game engine is Unreal 4, and the game will be available on PC "later this year", and that is all we know.

Unrelated:

Last edited:

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
Can you help me with gamepass?
When I click show all game it shows to me only 25 games now. Also how can I share my account and with how many player? Can we play at the same time? Also I did ultimate for 1 dollar but I'm interested only in pc, but I can't subscribe to pc game only now. Last things if I found out Xbox credit cards at low can I buy them and use them for pc game pass? Thanks
also: what hardware should i buy to be able to stream from my pc to it inhouse and i need it to be hendald?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I've finished up the main campaign of Castlevania: Lord of Shadows. It took me about 16 hours.

48045788517_4ec834c65c_c.jpg

I enjoyed the game, it offered the right amount of challenge on normal difficulty without getting frustrating. It's a nice mix of combat, puzzles and traversal. It has a lot of mini and regular bosses, plus a number of giant bosses that are really traversal challenges rather than combat challenges. I'm generally not a big fan of bosses, but they kept the difficulty fair. Puzzles ranged from clever to "I'm just going to brute force this". If you want, you can even skip puzzles if you're ok giving up the upgrade points (used to unlock new combos).

The game design is a little odd. It's broken up into chapters (and sub-chapters), each having one or more power-ups you can find, which is fine. You can revisit chapters to find items you missed, to grind upgrade points, to play on a harder difficulty, or to beat the challenge that opens up once you've completed the sub-chapter. I'm not sure what you get for completing the challenge, but maybe I just missed it. The one really poor aspect is the weapon upgrades they have placed in a number of sub-chapters. It seems they wanted to build in some sort of "metroidvania" aspect into the game, but did so in a way that feels like busy work. You obtain abilities as the game goes on (jump higher or farther, for example), and you will occasionally pass a chest that you can't reach yet. So yo can go back for these chests, but it simply involves going to the correct spot in the sub-chapter and using your ability. No new areas, fights, puzzles, etc.

The game performed great and looked great, so no complaints on the port.

The story was pretty good, but the cinematic that plays after the credits is pretty WTFBBQ. I'm hoping the DLC chapters answer some of the questions.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've finished up the main campaign of Castlevania: Lord of Shadows. It took me about 16 hours.

I enjoyed the game, it offered the right amount of challenge on normal difficulty without getting frustrating. It's a nice mix of combat, puzzles and traversal. It has a lot of mini and regular bosses, plus a number of giant bosses that are really traversal challenges rather than combat challenges. I'm generally not a big fan of bosses, but they kept the difficulty fair. Puzzles ranged from clever to "I'm just going to brute force this". If you want, you can even skip puzzles if you're ok giving up the upgrade points (used to unlock new combos).

The game design is a little odd. It's broken up into chapters (and sub-chapters), each having one or more power-ups you can find, which is fine. You can revisit chapters to find items you missed, to grind upgrade points, to play on a harder difficulty, or to beat the challenge that opens up once you've completed the sub-chapter. I'm not sure what you get for completing the challenge, but maybe I just missed it. The one really poor aspect is the weapon upgrades they have placed in a number of sub-chapters. It seems they wanted to build in some sort of "metroidvania" aspect into the game, but did so in a way that feels like busy work. You obtain abilities as the game goes on (jump higher or farther, for example), and you will occasionally pass a chest that you can't reach yet. So yo can go back for these chests, but it simply involves going to the correct spot in the sub-chapter and using your ability. No new areas, fights, puzzles, etc.

The story was pretty good, but the cinematic that plays after the credits is pretty WTFBBQ. I'm hoping the DLC chapters answer some of the questions.

I enjoyed it too. It's a solid hack-and-slash game with some gorgeous environments. The second act around the Castle environment itself was a particular highlight. Though I remember dropping the DLC at the last boss fight, fingers crossed you have more patience than I do.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So... A bit of a weird question but I started playing DOOM 2016 again and it run super well on my PC with everything maxed out (120-150fps no problem) so huh... Is there any ways to make it even prettier? lol

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, that Contra trailer is making me think of Legacy Of War more than the side-scrolling classics. Hopefully it's decent in the end.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
so uhhh, some very interesting advertising in Cyberpunk 2077

https://twitter.com/neondreamgirl/status/1138564581125763075

Second picture is zoomed in and NSFW

Yeah CDPR has serious issues there or at least their art/PR team. Wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the art asset in the final game and didn't talk about it.

There is a lot of good stuff to be talked about in regards to gender and transhumanism for cyberpunk but I don't know if they are the ones to handle it right.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
I'm playing Metro Exodus from the windows store and the resolution is a mess, is locked on 720p and there's no fix for that.

This remembers me the mess what's Quantum Break on PC.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Metro Exodus from the windows store and the resolution is a mess, is locked on 720p and there's no fix for that.

This remembers me the mess what's Quantum Break on PC.

It started that way for me (the window was part off the screen too) but I was able to click on the options and change it.

IamAwake

Oct 27, 2017
It seems my Steam Wallet balance has vanished out of the blue... Has anyone experienced this before? I haven't purchased anything in a bit. I have two-factor authentication and no emails or purchases have been made on my account.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
It seems my Steam Wallet balance has vanished out of the blue... Has anyone experienced this before? I haven't purchased anything in a bit. I have two-factor authentication and no emails or purchases have been made on my account.

Seems like it happened to everybody. It's back now apparently

EDIT: FF13 was fun

unknown.png

Last edited:

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Xbox App is a mess. It took me 2 hours to getting it to work and now I cant change my resolution! its like locked on 720p. I have a 2080ti. I paid 1$ and still regret it.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Yo the end credits song of APE OUT is incredible. I'd post it but it feels like the reward for beating it.

Really cool game, only takes like an hour to beat (a little longer with the extra level) but you can get some more time out of playing the Hard versions of levels and arcade mode. Arcade mode is kinda disappointing though, I thought you'd get extra points for like throwing enemies into enemies, shooting enemies with enemies, etc., but its just based on amount of kills and time finished.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

In March at GDC we announced that the Steam Library is getting an overhaul. The new Library brings together a player's experience with a game and new content/communications from the developer and community in a richer, more visual layout.

You can start uploading and previewing the new assets today
We are weeks away from the public beta of this new feature set; now is the time to start uploading new assets for your updated library presence.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Anyone have settings tips for fallout 4? I have maybe 10 mods nothing special but man it doesn't even load sometimes . Been playing on 900p just to avoid hassles at times ....
Gtx 1060 evga sc.
8 gb ddr4
i5 6500
Ssd installed

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
And it was completely avoidable. What were they thinking!

They did really well past few years but this year they f-ed up really badly. But I guess that it is true that money shows who you really are in the end. Rebellion is next one that showed how they can lie in your face with Zombie Army 4 going Epic Store exclusive (both CEO and developer claimed that they won't do exclusive deals).

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah i am gonna be putting deep silver and rebellion on ignore on steam for the time being.
Wonder how long til evil genius 2 becomes egscloosy as well :v

Last edited:

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
did you manage to get on the beta? i applied, but no luck - still not super clear on the gameplay (it seems all melee based)

It's basically a top down shooter type of game, so twin stick game that you can use melee weapons in and power ups in also it's rougue lite and the dungeons change each time you visit

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
RIP Elden Ring, yes it's still to early to tell but I feel like out of the recent Bandai games that one is going to be an EGS exclusive, I was worried that their other games would be as well since they just mention PC digital on their video trailers but the Japanese trailers for those games mention Steam (Ni no Kuni, Code Vein, Tales of A, Man of Medan)

Bandai don't leave me now

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Elden Ring, yes it's still to early to tell but I feel like out of the recent Bandai games that one is going to be an EGS exclusive, I was worried that their other games would be as well since they just mention PC digital on their video trailers but the Japanese trailers for those games mention Steam (Ni no Kuni, Code Vein, Tales of A, Man of Medan)

Bandai don't leave me now
Their games always had PC digital, it is not something new.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A PC logo on trailers is incredibly normal and has been used for ages, it's only in this recent paranoia that people somehow think it's code for EGS.

NNK has a Steam logo because it's 4 months away and Elden Ring is likely a ways away.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

LoS 1 is a 7 out of 10 game to me and has its share of good and bad game design.
Its worst offense is that it sticks too close to some god of war elements with the qtes and fixed camera. I did like its light puzzle elements.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I'm playing The Gardens Between via Game Pass but, despite the game has an achievement list on my XBox profile, I'm getting no achievements?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
A PC logo on trailers is incredibly normal and has been used for ages, it's only in this recent paranoia that people somehow think it's code for EGS.

NNK has a Steam logo because it's 4 months away and Elden Ring is likely a ways away.

Yeah, it's common place. Here it is on the Hitman 2 website, for example.

unknown.png

Besides, in a world where selling pre-orders on Steam is no guarantee of the game actually releasing on Steam, a logo in the advertising certainly isn't indicative of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.