• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Maybe I am overthinking it but based of What I have seen from the official Fromsoft Youtube channel (or maybe I am being lied to and it's not even their youtube channel since they don't have any SIE stuff)

Since 2015 with DS2 they pretty much always have the Steam logo but not for ER

A PC logo on trailers is incredibly normal and has been used for ages, it's only in this recent paranoia that people somehow think it's code for EGS.

NNK has a Steam logo because it's 4 months away and Elden Ring is likely a ways away.

Since it's a ways a way they don't have to commit to Steam

and as for NnK2 this is what I saw

North America Official Bandai

Europe Bandai

and this is from Level5 in Japan

Upon looking at the Bandai Europe Youtube channel what you guys are saying is true and then it accord to me that not all of us live in the US and them some (if not most?) live else where, which would explain why they are different. Heck even one of the Tekken 7 videos on the Bandai EU page that just released about a month ago just had the Windows 10 logo and did not mention Steam at all.

I still feel like ER may be an exclusive and that some of my confusion also comes from how different regions have different logos (Bandai EU is not consident and even used the Old Steam logo for this video )

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Yeah, it's common place. Here it is on the Hitman 2 website, for example.

unknown.png

Besides, in a world where selling pre-orders on Steam is no guarantee of the game actually releasing on Steam, a logo in the advertising certainly isn't indicative of anything.

Someone should make a new PC logo. It looks very out of place when put together with PS4, Xbox, and Switch.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Someone should make a new PC logo. It looks very out of place when put together with PS4, Xbox, and Switch.

whats the point of even mentioning digital download? and that font is just far too aggressive and bold

i wanted to jump on the Unexplored 2 fig.co campaign, but this stopped me from pitching in that deluxe tier

nice of them to be upfront, but damn if this isn't going to hurt them :/

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
i wanted to jump on the Unexplored 2 fig.co campaign, but this stopped me from pitching in that deluxe tier

nice of them to be upfront, but damn if this isn't going to hurt them :/

Is the Steam key thing true? By which I mean Valve will not let you give people Steam keys without selling the game at the same time? I recently got a Steam key for a game I backed and the game is currently not for Sale on Steam (the store page is there but you just can't purchased the game. I was able to activate the key and the game is in my library, there is of course nothing to download. So if they gave a Steam key would it be something similar and they just couldn't let you download the game?

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Steam key thing true? By which I mean Valve will not let you give people Steam keys without selling the game at the same time? I recently got a Steam key for a game I backed and the game is currently not for Sale on Steam (the store page is there but you just can't purchased the game. I was able to activate the key and the game is in my library, there is of course nothing to download. So if they gave a Steam key would it be something similar and they just couldn't let you download the game?

they can give beta keys, but through private channels (Discord, email etc)

this isn't indicative of whether or not the game will end up on Steam - some games have had their betas on Steam only to release elsewhere.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Yes an No.

Valve will let you give keys for preorders and kickstarters for early access of the game without having to sell it on Steam (as long as you are not selling the early access keys yourself and it is only for backers). This can also be done to beta test the game, where you can generate keys to beta test the game in Steam without any issue.

What you cannot do is sell keys while you arent selling the game in Steam, as that would be unfair for Steam customers. In this specific case, it would be a gray area about whether or not it is "early access for backers" as you are technically SELLING YOUR GAME IN OTHER STORE FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Wow so the Unexplored 2 devs are just using steam to garner support for a Epic moneyhat?

The Satisfactory devs were able to issue steam beta keys and use steam resources well after they had secretly signed with Epic.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Elden Ring, yes it's still to early to tell but I feel like out of the recent Bandai games that one is going to be an EGS exclusive, I was worried that their other games would be as well since they just mention PC digital on their video trailers but the Japanese trailers for those games mention Steam (Ni no Kuni, Code Vein, Tales of A, Man of Medan)

Bandai don't leave me now
Great.....just great. Now I gotta have this hanging over my head until the Steam page pops up and I can relax. If it goes EGS I cannot buy this game with the way their payment options are setup; have to hope humble or GMG have it up for sale as well. Thanks, Tim Sweeny.

Oct 28, 2017
For fuck sake, Elden Ring too? I can't help but feel a deep hatred for publishers accepting moneyhats like this, especially ones that seem pretty fecund with cash like Bamco.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
There is a 1€ pledge for the Kickstarter of Roguebook. For this price, you receive a Steam key for the alpha, and it might increment your game count by 1 (not 100% sure about that). And you can play the Alpha. Of course.

stx6Dcj.png

A weird happening on Steam that probably no one here cares about. There was a puzzle game called "Abrix the robot" that was something along the lines of Chip's Challenge and Sokoban with color-matching. As a puzzle-game fiend I tried it and wasn't a fan. Controls were too awkward for the time limit and occasional action elements, the isometric perspective made it slightly harder to read spatial relationships, and the puzzle design itself was terribly uneven. That didn't stop the developers from cranking out 2 more Abrix games, one with easy levels for kids and one with larger levels for experts.

Today I noticed on Steam's "recently updated" feed that there's another Abrix game, and I already own it? Turns out the developers decided that the best response to the tepid response the game got was to remake it from scratch. The new game, "Abrix 2" is top-down (good), no time limit (good), slightly uglier (eh), free-to-play (um), and completely replaced all the former versions (what?). Previous owners were given a set of boosters and premium currency to compensate for the fact that the old versions no longer exist.

The free-to-play model they chose is pretty much just Candy Crush. Boosters to give you an advantage, and 5 lives that regenerate at a rate of 1 every 15 minutes. Restarting a puzzle because you got stuck costs a life. A block-pushing puzzle game gives you just 5 attempts every hour and a quarter. I'd take isometric awkwardness over that, for sure.

It's not some grand injustice or anything, considering I wasn't going to go back and play Abrix anyway. It's just weird to see a developer pull a game from owners' libraries and replace it with something this much worse.

image.jpg

ss-2c6ffed47eb917c4b391d311d8952cd3945fdda7-1920x1080.jpg

In the process, we lost the "trading card" feature for this game.

I do not feel like speculating on such a tiny game, but if anyone feels like it, it might be the time to stock up (on foil cards and booster packs). I do not have enough experience with the market to determine whether collectors are going to try to craft foil badges and drive the prices up.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
There is one actually at the first Nnk trailer that's what it looks like now since I have not seen that many the OG PC logo in some time

Ah you mean this?

hn0lGPd.png

Yeah that one is alot better.

For fuck sake, Elden Ring too? I can't help but feel a deep hatred for publishers accepting moneyhats like this, especially ones that seem pretty fecund with cash like Bamco.

Not confirmed. Heck, if they showed Steam logo it can still be moneyhatted. Nothing set in stone until it released.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
Don't let Epic, nor anyone else, ruin this hobby for you guys. Think about it in a positive way, no one will ever do a full exclusive on that store, no-one, and so you'll be able to play everything whenever you want on the platform that you prefer. Also the game is still a year (At the very least) away, hell we don't even know what it is right now, so there is really no point on thinking where it'll be sold. For what we know Sony could sign an exclusivity deal to release the game only on PS5.
Really, just have fun, play one of the thousands of the games available and enjoy your time with them. Videogames are much more than Epic trying to fuck with your hobby, and I'm saying that as a strong hater of that pool of shit that Tim Sweeney has builded in the last 6 month.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
In the process, we lost the "trading card" feature for this game.

I do not feel like speculating on such a tiny game, but if anyone feels like it, it might be the time to stock up (on foil cards and booster packs). I do not have enough experience with the market to determine whether collectors are going to try to craft foil badges and drive the prices up.
It might be case by case, but limited availability = expensive cards theory generally don't pan out. What happens instead is that the market die off immediately due to lack of sustainable buyer and seller interest.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It is tough choice for me regarding new GPU. If there won't be new Nvidia GPU until late 2020 or even 2021 I will need to decide what to get. I have 1060 6GB now and I want somewhat decent Ray Tracing so that means 2070 at minimum.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So, I finished a game and played through a large section of another yesterday.

Bad Dream Coma

One of the more disturbing point and click games I remember playing. Also, one of the least difficult. Simple puzzles and very little text but it work perfectly here. Your imagination fills in the blanks for what is left unsaid regarding the world you explorer. It features a "good", "bad" and "netural" ending but I just went for the bad one. I had started it a while ago after getting it for Halloween last year but worked through the last half of the game while laid up yesterday.

Kentucky Route Zero

I have a long history with this one. I was one of the first to jump in, January 2013, before it was released on steam. I had been faithfully playing through the first three episodes as they dropped but years ago I lost interest halfway through the fourth ep and ended up facing the task of starting from the beginning of act 4 and I said "fuck it" and waited for act five. Two years ago. :/ Welp. Regardless of Act 5's nonexistence, what does exist is something I've never found in another game. Its a choose your own adventure, stream of consciousness, magically realistic, isometric walking simulator/act project. It features a bureau of "reclaimed spaces", a magical highway, mundane ghosts and office worker bears. Populated with believable characters who treat all of this as hohum everyday stuff. Stories of evil mining corporations, government red tape, strange lives devoted to bizarre are projects that no one understands once the creator is gone... These things are familiar. The way characters talk about life, their motivations, histories, I see parts of my life in the bizarre they've experienced and I'm suddenly nodding my head or sitting back in thought over a flooded train station that is now a dying phone company and the conversation with the sole operator/switchboard worker on why they're still there when machines have replaced everyone else. Also, shout out in ACT 4 for writing out the memories of two characters the way we experience them in our heads in the real world. Wow.

Last edited:

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
At this point when it comes to EGS exclusives, I'm hoping Microsoft comes in and puts it on Game Pass day one. I know Outer Worlds is different since Obsidian is first party now, but Metro Exodus being on Game Pass when it launched gives me hope that Microsoft will save us from EGS.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't let Epic, nor anyone else, ruin this hobby for you guys. Think about it in a positive way, no one will ever do a full exclusive on that store, no-one, and so you'll be able to play everything whenever you want on the platform that you prefer. Also the game is still a year (At the very least) away, hell we don't even know what it is right now, so there is really no point on thinking where it'll be sold. For what we know Sony could sign an exclusivity deal to release the game only on PS5.
Really, just have fun, play one of the thousands of the games available and enjoy your time with them. Videogames are much more than Epic trying to fuck with your hobby, and I'm saying that as a strong hater of that pool of shit that Tim Sweeney has builded in the last 6 month.

Thanks for posting this.

I try to remind myself the same now and again.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
At this point when it comes to EGS exclusives, I'm hoping Microsoft comes in and puts it on Game Pass day one. I know Outer Worlds is different since Obsidian is first party now, but Metro Exodus being on Game Pass when it launched gives me hope that Microsoft will save us from EGS.
Phil Spencer and Microsoft, the saviours of pc gaming.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm willing to bet that EGS exclusivity deals will also start barring access to the Xbox PC client, as Xbox on PC evolves. Microsoft wasn't taking PC gaming seriously for a long-ass time, now they seem to be.

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky Route Zero

I have a long history with this one. I was one of the first to jump in, January 2013, before it was released on steam. I had been faithfully playing through the first three episodes as they dropped but years ago I lost interest halfway through the fourth ep and ended up facing the task of starting from the beginning of act 4 and I said "fuck it" and waited for act five. Two years ago. :/ Welp. Regardless of Act 5's nonexistence, what does exist is something I've never found in another game. Its a choose your own adventure, stream of consciousness, magically realistic, isometric walking simulator/act project. It features a bureau of "reclaimed spaces", a magical highway, mundane ghosts and office worker bears. Populated with believable characters who treat all of this as hohum everyday stuff. Stories of evil mining corporations, government red tape, strange lives devoted to bizarre are projects that no one understands once the creator is gone... These things are familiar. The way characters talk about life, their motivations, histories, I see parts of my life in the bizarre they've experienced and I'm suddenly nodding my head or sitting back in thought over a flooded train station that is now a dying phone company and the conversation with the sole operator/switchboard worker on why they're still there when machines have replaced everyone else. Also, shout out in ACT 4 for writing out the memories of two characters the way we experience them in our heads in the real world. Wow.

I played the acts as they were coming out, for the most part, but I've held off on Act IV and plan on doing it all again when all of it comes out.

It is, without a doubt, the best written game I've ever played.

The way the dialogue options you don't choose tell you just as much about the character as the options you do choose... incredible. And they've got an ear for dialogue. It feels so authentic, real and grounded, even as you take off into the reaches of surrealism.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I played the acts as they were coming out, for the most part, but I've held off on Act IV and plan on doing it all again when it releases.

It is, without a doubt, the best written game I've ever played.

The way the dialogue options you don't choose tell you just as much about the character as the options you do choose... incredible. And they've got an ear for dialogue. It feels so authentic, real and grounded, even as you take off into the reaches of surrealism.

Yes, YES! Exactly. I forgot to mention this but I certainly noticed it. I tried to play Conway earlier has "not a washed up drunk" but it was just last night that I realized, "those other options are things the character wants to say, that are real but the kind of real that only exists in your mind as they never get spoken out loud." The unused options are thoughts. No other game does this.

Act IV's music wasn't nearly as spectacular as Act III's but it was present and appropriate.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
i see full blown paranoia is set in here because... of the generic "PC" logo? alrighty then.

Easy thing to get a factual statement is to ask the devs if they will do an exclusive deal or did one or if the Steam Version still will be available day1.
If the dev doesn't say outright that the Steam version will release at the same time on all platforms... that's on them.

You could argue that some devs don't want to make such a statement because of financial considerations, but that's still on them, they don't deserve the loyalty from their potential customers, then. If you can't tell your customers if they will be getting the game Day1, don't be surprised when they ignore you.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Btw. if anyone noticed over E3....

Illusion released another one of their games on Steam, Koikatsu. So we have VR Kanojo and Koikatsu on Steam now.

Illusions character creator is really great:

52975293-41fa3000-33c5-11e9-9735-07b25613520d.png

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get the paranoia, that's the state PC gaming is at now with Epic around, but please calm down. A logo really isn't enough to indicate anything

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So is there any way around the Windows 10 requirement in the Windows Store? Because I'm not ready to leave Windows 7 just yet.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Icons dont mean anything anymore.

Many games that initally showed a Steam icon have come out as EGS exclusive later.

There is no point in getting yourself worked up over it now. If more evidence or annoucement comes out later, then address it then.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Are any of you guys familiar with the Cyberpunk 2020 world? Is there a way for me to catch up beyond reading the rule book......

Status
Not open for further replies.