• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So is there any way around the Windows 10 requirement in the Windows Store? Because I'm not ready to leave Windows 7 just yet.
Don't think so, some games on the service (as well as the app itself) require the Windows 10 May update. It introduced some new tech to Windows, as I understand it.

Xclash

Oct 25, 2017
+ Playing Metro Exodus using the MS game pass for $1

- Constantly crashes

So the game is in the same state as when I beat it back in April on Steam. If anyone is playing Metro, just make sure the game is actually saving during a checkpoint or quick save. You can lose a lot of progress if you aren't careful

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Don't sleep on American Truck Simulator. It's an enjoyable way to unwind.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

The article's pretty interesting. It seems like the Japanese branch of Sega's also totally on-board with supporting PC, not just the European division that handles the ports. Atlus also seemingly was responsible for Catherine getting a port and will be using it's success to gauge what direction it should move in.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, you guys were right about that DLC boss in Lords of Shadow. I dropped it down to easy just to see the story ending, and it was still a weirdly long fight. Really out of line with the rest of the game.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Ok im wondering if im missing something in the fine print here , or does this bundle let you have some really intresting games for some ridiculous price . Tat viking ARG looks intresting atleast

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/kalypso-pick-and-mix
Oh god, DARK. That brings me back haha. Easily one of the worst games I've ever played. It was one of the first games I got a review copy for, and I felt bad giving it such a low score..but yikes.

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
One of my fans is being real weird. Every once in a while it spins up really fast (I think?) and makes a noise for a couple of seconds. I actually have the fan on a dimmer switch, so if I put it at max it will make the noise continuously so I'm keeping it around 50%.

I should open it up and take a look, I suppose.

SpaceUI

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone else having problems with the Xbox app? Most pages seem to not load and just give me 404 errors?
I had issues with it until I updated Windows (Which I suspect gave me more problems OS-wise, but oh well)

BTW I didn't know Vampyr was so rough around the edges IMO, feel like I downloaded the game's beta or something.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Your not the only one. I played it a long time ago and I was preparing the worst based on all the negative reactions, but ended up loving it.

I'm going to get around to it. I read an article about how the director of 2 hated the story turn in the original DLC and the 3DS game and wanted to kind of get a fresh start, so I'm intrigued.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
help with pc game pass:
how to play vr games in vr?
gears of war 4 crash and tell me i have to be connected to xbox live but i am. im speaking of pc game pass

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh wow, the Switch version of Civ 6 uses the PC saves? O_o

or can at least? I just assumed it was like its own thing, like its own game (like that console civ rev), but was watching the giantbomb interview with Phil Spencer and he mentions being able to carry his PC progress on the Switch :o

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
I think I changed some of my windows 10 location/region settings and now my Windows store displays prices in USD and games are significantly more expensive than when it was on local currency. Maybe you guys can try that

Edit: It didnt work. I clicked the game pass banner on the store and it launched on my browser with an Oops
FgxuDN2.png

Last edited:

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
oh wow, the Switch version of Civ 6 uses the PC saves? O_o

or can at least? I just assumed it was like its own thing, like its own game (like that console civ rev), but was watching the giantbomb interview with Phil Spencer and he mentions being able to carry his PC progress on the Switch :o

Yes, you need a 2K Account for that and it has crosssave between the Steam and Switch version.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Thought after over half a year of EGS and E3:

We still do not see how the EGS is actually helping small indie-devs. All the new EGS projects are huge projects. From Borderlands 3 to Ubisoft games to Zombie Army 4, Castle Storm 2, Chivalry 2 etc. There are just a handful of games like that Goose Game or Atomicrops of really small devs.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
It was great to see pretty much every multiplat at E3 being announced for PC too. I can't remember a time when PC got so much support, seems like the best of all worlds at the moment with all of MS' first party titles, console exclusives with the likes of Nioh, Outer Wilds etc, or even games like Detroit and Yakuza coming over and then there's the indie games which are often console exclusive to Switch or PS4 or XBO, but PC gets them all. And then there's Xbox Game Pass too now.

Sure it's frustrating having games spread throughout different launchers etc, but it's nice to be able to play such an incredible abundance of titles on a single platform.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
It was great to see pretty much every multiplat at E3 being announced for PC too. I can't remember a time when PC got so much support, seems like the best of all worlds at the moment with all of MS' first party titles, console exclusives with the likes of Nioh, Outer Wilds etc, or even games like Detroit and Yakuza coming over and then there's the indie games which are often console exclusive to Switch or PS4 or XBO, but PC gets them all. And then there's Xbox Game Pass too now.

Sure it's frustrating having games spread throughout different launchers etc, but it's nice to be able to play such an incredible abundance of titles on a single platform.

In my opinion GamePass is a great business model that actually is "for the gamers". I could just get one of those 1$ months or use MS/Bing rewards to get a month for free or pay the 10$ and then play "one time" games in that month and finish them. Stuff like Gears of War or other games most people usually just finish once if they are not interested in the MP are perfect for such a service.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Thought after over half a year of EGS and E3:

We still do not see how the EGS is actually helping small indie-devs. All the new EGS projects are huge projects. From Borderlands 3 to Ubisoft games to Zombie Army 4, Castle Storm 2, Chivalry 2 etc. There are just a handful of games like that Goose Game or Atomicrops of really small devs.

Everything Epic did since announcement was pure PR. They knew that they can't compete with Valve with anything but PR because Valve likes to stay silent. And from the start they were using PR as their main weapon.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Is there a way to buy a Steam game region-locked to America? For instance, let us say I lend my account to a trustworthy friend in the US, will this friend be able to add the game to my account without triggering Valve's security squad? Damn, where is JaseC when I need him?

I would rather buy the game during the summer sales, so I am not in a hurry anyway. Just curious about it. There is a country setting in Steam:

Your country is part of your Steam account settings. Your country setting affects what you see on the Steam store, the currency you see prices in, and the currency of your wallet. If you have moved to a new country, or are living abroad for an extended period of time, you can update your Steam country setting.

Steam only accepts payment methods from the country that matches your Steam country setting. If you frequently move between countries, choose the country that is your primary residence, where you have a payment method.

Please select your country of residence:
[drop-down menu]

You can only change to a country in which you are currently located.

Steam has detected your current location as: France

If you are currently travelling, you'll need to return to your country of residence before you can set your country.

If you are unable to select your country, please contact Steam Support.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.