• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Giantbomb saying that's the kind of video Abstergo would put out is spot on. Ubisoft got that silicon valley impersonal, manufactured friendly vibe nailed down.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I tried PSNow and while the image quality is very good with a 5 Mbit connection, the input lag is so bad you can't play fighting games. So unless the whole world is covered with high speed internet connection the streaming can't beat the downloading in my opinion.
Also in PSNow if your connection drops you lose all your progress, there's not a resume feature from where you left.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Real talk, I wanna test this out myself once it goes live. My brother'd flip finding out his old ass laptop could run a 2018 game XD

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My internet drops randomly on a regular basis. Any sort of game streaming is a non-starter for me.
There are just too many factors unfortunately. Distance to data centers, connection reliability, data caps, regional ISP differences, latency, ownership, native lack of buffering or local hardware support, lack of local file modifying (mods, add ons, overlays).

I have pretty much the ideal GeForce Now experience right now for someone outside the US and it's still far from where it needs to be. Nevermind that 1440p and up is out of the question even with a 100mb fiber connection, when all game media is moving to native 4K already.

spiel

Oct 28, 2017
That's a pretty controller.

Edit: yeaaaaah, that's just about the only thing I'm interested in.

Last edited:

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
It seems kind of neat, but so far it doesn't feel like the big players have anything to worry about. It's gonna be a supplemental thing and not a replacement for what's already out there.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
8K, 120FPS straming

AHAHAHAHAHAHHA

049.gif

FoneBone

Oct 27, 2017
i'm cringing at the thought of games I want to play being exclusive to a streaming service... we shall see

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Is the streaming going to be free though? Like if one doesn't own say Doom 2016, if they run it through Stadia, would they be playing a demo or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.