• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Is this the right place to ask for PC recommendations? I'm considering buying a prebuilt PC (I know not the best option). Probably the newest game I plan on playing is SC2 so it doesn't need to be a powerhouse.

I've been looking at the MSI night blade but honestly have no real experience buying PC's and was just looking for some advice.

For reference I live in Australia so if you can recommend any good places to buy PC's that would be awesome.

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is this the right place to ask for PC recommendations? I'm considering buying a prebuilt PC (I know not the best option). Probably the newest game I plan on playing is SC2 so it doesn't need to be a powerhouse.

I've been looking at the MSI night blade but honestly have no real experience buying PC's and was just looking for some advice.

For reference I live in Australia so if you can recommend any good places to buy PC's that would be awesome.
I haven't bought a pre-built but I've bought a number of parts from PC Case Gear and they've always been great.

www.pccasegear.com

Edit: I should mention, they also offer pre-built machines.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Tim Sweeney interview on Eurogamer.

Bit of a bland interview from the skim read i did. Couldn't see anything new. But wont get a proper chance to read until much later.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...n-why-players-should-embrace-epic-games-store

There's keeping kid gloves on. And then there's this

Stayed off forums and game websites during the day (this week basically killed my mobile data and I have 2.5 weeks to go until it resets).

Feeling much better about life. Free Tacoma on Humble, Spring Sale on GOG (picked up Hellblade finally), and soon to be announced-- new Bloodlines.

Epic is saving me so much money this year with them putting games into paid betas, I can actually make a dent in those wishlists now.

sanhora

Oct 25, 2017
What exactly am i watching in this stream right now?
D2OqG_bWwAAENGl.png:orig

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope the next Bloodlines sparks a resurgence in vampire games. I'd love for Techland to take a crack at it. Plus they are already collaborating with Avellone on Dying Light 2 so there's that.

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Man, crypt of the necrodancer is surely addicting as fuck. Also damning hard as hell. It's been some time since I kept playing 4 hours straight a game. Managed to beat just the first 2 zones yet. Dunno why I waited so long to dive in. I love rhythm games, how could I not enjoy this one? What hyped me to come back and try again (since I've bought it a year ago) was the Nindie Cadence of Hyrule announcement.

I finished Rainswept today.

capsule_616x353.jpg

I thought it was pretty good overall. It had a good setting and story, music. Definitely some limited animations (especially walking looks really odd) and some amateurish dialogue at times. But I think the overall story / message it's trying to get across works. I dig the whole pacific northwest, rain, coffee, twin peaks setting so I knew I had to play it when I saw the screenshots.

I finished this one a few days ago as well. I gotta say that I enjoyed the story overall, it tackles a few sensitive themes in a very interesting way from my point of view. Even though I ran on a few bugs during my playthrough and a few minigames were kind of bothersome, it was a worth experience. My favourite character is definetely the tea guy from the coffee shop. So many insights man, the feels.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope next get controllers get paddles. Playing Division 2, DMC 5, Sekiro, and all have important weapon swapping mechanic that you have to hit the button multiple times for at times (Dante's weapons, division 2 to select the sidearm, Sekiro's attachments). Would love to be able to just hit dedicate button to these things (and you can with KBAM in Division 2 at least).

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Anyone in NA pre-ordered Sekiro on CDkeys? Did you get your key yet?

Still waiting and I'm getting quite impatient... :(

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, I guess GoG and Steam have a killer game. 2020 is going to be one hell of a year on the latter especially. And set in Seattle too, that's awesome. I'm so happy Paradox is putting the game everywhere.

The combat is actually pretty good for what it is, IMO. I wrote a lengthy thread (and review on Steam) about it a few months ago, if you're interested.

I'll check it out! Thanks!

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
Some relevant details:
In Bloodlines 2, players will inhabit a fledgling vampire and deal with the various vampire clans and political factions who are fighting for control of the city, while engaging in stealth and first-person combat using a number of vampire powers. Brian Mitsoda, designer and writer of the original Bloodlines, is on board again as Bloodlines 2's lead narrative designer.

Vampire: The Masquerades—Bloodlines 2 won't be released until 2020, through pre-orders are already available on Steam, the Epic Store (yes, both!), GOG, and Paradox's store.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. Was holding-off getting hyped for it in case it was an EGS exclusive. 2020 release and pre-order now is a bit... much? But I might bite in the next couple of days just to ensure that if there's a Metro Exodus situation, I have it (no, I do not trust Epic to not do that again, no matter what they say).

Edit: Oh, on EGS as well as a non-exclusive. Should be fine, then, but still...

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
What a weird ass night. Can't wait, though. Mitsoda being in charge of the narrative gives me some confidence.

Also good to see Paradox hold true to their statement that they're going to make the their games available to as many players as possible.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
So, if you buy through Paradox, they get all of the cut, yes?

Edit: looks like they give out a steam key, so they do get all of it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.