• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
DoA6 is... Well it's DoA so it's good and all, but man I really hate the new way costumes are unlocked. At least the port is good, though it doesn't seem to support fullscreen. It's borderless all the time, even when fullscreen is selected for some reason. And lobbies aren't there yet, but I read something about an update roadmap that will bring them soon. Oh well.

Really I'm just biding time for LEFT ALIVE though.

This is the roadmap:

27_doa01.png

LatscherGnu

Apr 23, 2018
This is going to be a helluva rollercoaster month for PC gaming in many ways, that's for sure. GDC is gonna be a bloodbath.

That's what i thought, but then thq nordic went ahead and made the whole exclusivity "launcher wars" nonsense feel kinda irrelevant in comparison, reminded me of what's important and what isn't... so i guess thx for that thqn ;o

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it seems like everyone really wants to remind me of OutRun right now.

OutRun in Yakuza 0 - OutRun as an optional minigame
Slipstream - Indie OutRun
Crash Bandicoot: Warped's motorcycle levels - Shitty OutRun

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Man, it seems like everyone really wants to remind me of OutRun right now.

OutRun in Yakuza 0 - OutRun as an optional minigame
Slipstream - Indie OutRun
Crash Bandicoot: Warped's motorcycle levels - Shitty OutRun
The bike levels in crash 3 were nice but i daresay i didnt think to compare them to outrun or rather super hang on. I like the bike stages still as they are pretty simple in concept tho the 2nd bike level annoys me to this day.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Yay! March is gonna be a great month! Can't wait to play more Division 2. That will be the game I play the most this month. Also keeping an eye on DMCV and Sekiro. Where do you find these cheap DMCV keys people keep talking about?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Outward is an RPG where you start off weak and can join one of three factions to train you? This sounds like Gothic.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
Looks like the Sekiro wave is coming, it's 20 days away from release and already on the top global sellers list on Steam.

SSPssp

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to avoid the DLC (except characters) for DOA6. Apparently they're going to increase pattern drops for arcade mode and others but its still a horrible grind. Once it finishes downloading I'm gonna button mash ranked!

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

Trailer got me excited for Zanki Zero, it's nice to have an actual gameplay trailer.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
It's been so long since I've done a Humble Monthly that I've forgotten the rules.

So I signed up for a single month and nabbed the April early unlock keys. Then I cancelled my monthly sub.

Does this mean I don't get any of the rest of the April keys? I thought if you paid for a single month you were guaranteed the rest of the keys for that month.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
It's been so long since I've done a Humble Monthly that I've forgotten the rules.

So I signed up for a single month and nabbed the April early unlock keys. Then I cancelled my monthly sub.

Does this mean I don't get any of the rest of the April keys? I thought if you paid for a single month you were guaranteed the rest of the keys for that month.
Yeah. You got it right. You will still get the rest of the keys when the bundle comes out.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017

You still get the remaining games.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I'm playing Nioh for the first time and it's not at all what I expected! It feels very different from Souls and I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. There are an infinite amount of mechanics and after just a few hours my inventory is completely overwhelmed with weapons, armors and various items I have no idea what I should do with.

I'm aiming to finish this before Sekiro but it feels like a mess right now. I'll do my best to learn and git gud though, because it feels like none of my Souls experience (1300 hours) translates well into Nioh.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Crossposting from build a pc thread: does anyone have recommendations for good, relatively affordable PC speakers (<$100)?

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Crossposting from build a pc thread: does anyone have recommendations for good, relatively affordable PC speakers (<$100)?
Just to clarify, do you ask for the price alltogether, or the price per speaker?
because I recently bought these speakers , and the per speaker price is close to that. And they are absolutely amazing.

You'd need to get a 3.5 to 1/4" adapter, though.

Grief.exe

Oct 26, 2017
D7sTtCN.png

UXyA0d8.png

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - Uzzy
Maybe you've had a dry January and want to slake your thirst? Maybe you're in the Northern Hemisphere and these long, dark nights have gotten you in the mood for some modern horror? Regardless, Troika's final game is still a masterpiece of writing, character and atmosphere that more than matches anything put out today, 15 years after release. With the most recent update to the Unofficial Patch having been put out just last month, it's a perfect time to (re)visit L.A. and sink your teeth into one of gaming's true cult classics.

Love this section, great post Uzzy.

There are these older classics that are consistently mentioned on forums. Games like Stalker, Vampire the Masquerade, System Shock 2, Deus Ex, Remake, and others. Then when I play them I'm blown away by how amazing these games are.

If you haven't played these games, then I recommend you look into them, because there is a reason they keep getting mentioned over the years.

Just putting these Audioengine speakers out there since I've seen them so mentioned quite frequently. They aren't in your budget however.

I wonder if a soundbar would be a good option. The space under your monitor is kind of wasted.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DQMJE7E

Last edited:

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I'm playing Nioh for the first time and it's not at all what I expected! It feels very different from Souls and I honestly have no idea what I'm doing. There are an infinite amount of mechanics and after just a few hours my inventory is completely overwhelmed with weapons, armors and various items I have no idea what I should do with.

I'm aiming to finish this before Sekiro but it feels like a mess right now. I'll do my best to learn and git gud though, because it feels like none of my Souls experience (1300 hours) translates well into Nioh.

Dump all the equipment you don't need into shrine offerings.
It'll reward you more amrita(souls) and healing items.

Generally speaking, NIOH is similar to souls in the sense that there is a big swath of mechanics, 80% of which you can just ignore if you feel so inclined, like stances for example.

Obviously, a good player will switch stances on the fly, depending on what enemy he is facing and what they are doing, but you can play through the entire game without ever utilizing the system much.

If you got used to Dark Souls, you'll manage to get into NIOH, i'm sure.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
That Outward game looks better and better every time I read about it. But man is it a rough month to release it. So much stuff to play and backlog already huge.

Gonna definitely play it one day. We are long overdue for a real solid non generic well thought out rpg. That along with the new Obsidian game its gonna be a good year.

Speaking of which I wonder when Larian will announce their next game? And what will it even be? Kinda hope they do something other than Original Sin again. Tho I wouldn't be upset if it is OS.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
do6pGxl.png

EfSbeZ4.png

• Sorry for the delay, got stuck with again
2B0QzXu.png

VgLxJLo.png

Xenonauts 2 - Gabbo
Xenonauts 2 - nothing like some turn based strategy fighting Aliens in not-XCOM to scratch that itch

ZrE13BD.png

Katana Zero - BlueOdin
If 2D stylish-action-platformer with bullet-reflection and time-manipulation in a neo-noir setting is your thing, check out Katana Zero!

ylGVzUv.png

The Division 2 - bmdubya
Do you enjoy shooting and looting? Well The Division 2 is a game full of that, plus more!

Set seven months after the first game, The Division 2 takes players south to Washington D.C., where a civil war has broken out between survivors and murderous gangs. As a Division agent, you're called in to help bring order and stability back to the nation's capitol in a 40-hour campaign that will have you shooting a lot of enemies, and collecting loot to become a more efficient Division agent.

The dark zone has been reworked, and now consists of three smaller areas around the city to encourage more encounters with other human players, but the developers have added ways to alleviate some of the griefing that would happen in the dark zone in the first game. The game will also be releasing with two PvP modes.

And the game doesn't stop when the campaign is over. Massive Entertainment has done a lot of work to keep you playing with their endgame content, which includes new weapons, new missions, a new skill tree, and a tough new faction that threatens to undo all the work you did in restoring the city. Massive has also stated that they plan to support the game for a long time, with all expansions released in the first year being free to not split the playerbase.

Agents, it's time to save Washington D.C. and the entire United States. Good luck out there!

7AiiuRb.png

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Kudo
The only game that really matters this year. Another Miyazaki Masterpiece. A must-play.
Are you ready to die twice?

ekaKnkd.png

Trials Rising Joe Spangle
Released at the tail end of last month, Trials Rising is Redlynx Studios latest entry into their Trials series. The basic premise is to get your motorbike from one end of a track to the other in the fastest time possible. Along the way there will be obstacles, jumps, drops, physics based actions and explosions. Lots of explosions.

MfNzYRU.png

Outward - texhnolyze
In Outward, you're no Chosen One, you're just an ordinary human being. Which means that you starts from the bottom, with no special power whatsoever. You're pretty weak at the start, and without proper preparation you won't survive in the wild. There's survival element too, so you need to keep your character fed and rested. There are three factions you can join, each with its own storylines. As you progress with the story and explore the world, you can learn new skills from trainers, as well as earn new gear from loot or merchant. With its slower, more methodical, exploration-based approach, Outward really brings back the classic RPG formula where RPGs actually felt like RPGs.

D7sTtCN.png

UXyA0d8.png

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - Uzzy
Maybe you've had a dry January and want to slake your thirst? Maybe you're in the Northern Hemisphere and these long, dark nights have gotten you in the mood for some modern horror? Regardless, Troika's final game is still a masterpiece of writing, character and atmosphere that more than matches anything put out today, 15 years after release. With the most recent update to the Unofficial Patch having been put out just last month, it's a perfect time to (re)visit L.A. and sink your teeth into one of gaming's true cult classics.

People who have completed:

xM8izhq.png

EenO64o.png

Devil Daggers - spineduke
200 secs ballpark, although its hard to gauge how accessible it should be

People who have completed:

zIlAMZZ.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK/POP.

xOQEs5n.png

tGKe2ZK.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this hidden link that you need to quote:

[Hidden content]

Great post. Can't wait for Sekiro!

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't like how publishers are willing to lower prices of Gold, Complete or GOTY editions with all content included before they lower Season Pass price. Basically they say get Complete Edition day one or wait for months or even year or more before you get Season Pass discount.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Also we entered March so that means that game announcements should start dropping soon.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Is there a workaround for non AMD owners? I'd like to do the same..

There was a multi-step work around that I saw on Reddit weeks back, but it seemed like it would be a pain. Basically the route that most people, myself included, seem to be going is to create an AMD Rewards account with an email and password of your choosing and then buying the rewards games from someone who has an eligible AMD card installed and giving them the login details to your newly created AMD Rewards account and having them activate the games for you. Then for your safety immediately change the password so you're the only one who has access to the account again. There's obviously some level of trust involved in that process so whether it's here or a place like /r/SteamGameSwap make sure that you do your due diligence on the person you're going to buy from.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
I wasn't sure whether this belonged in its own topic or if the PC Gaming one would be more suitable, but if you have an NVIDIA GPU be sure to update to the latest driver (419.17) as it fixes eight security vulnerabilities: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4772
One of these fixes adds a new "Restrict access to the GPU performance counters to admin users only" option to the driver and requires you to enable it manually.
You need to start the NVIDIA Control Panel as an Admin to change this setting. Frankly, I think it should be restricted by default.

nvidia-perfcounters-hukub.png

If the option is accessible to you just by opening the NVIDIA Control Panel normally, and not grayed out like this, it likely means that your current account is an Admin account rather than a Standard User account. Admin accounts should only be used for elevation (UAC prompts), not as users, and it's a very bad things to do from a security point of view.

Note: the last vulnerability, which is the one that requires this setting, also affects the Linux driver.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Accounting + worth it? What's the difference between that and the free version?

Also, just finished the story in AC Odyssey, liked it more than Origins.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
That Outward game looks better and better every time I read about it. But man is it a rough month to release it. So much stuff to play and backlog already huge.

Gonna definitely play it one day. We are long overdue for a real solid non generic well thought out rpg. That along with the new Obsidian game its gonna be a good year.

Speaking of which I wonder when Larian will announce their next game? And what will it even be? Kinda hope they do something other than Original Sin again. Tho I wouldn't be upset if it is OS.
I am in the same boat. Backlog is too large but I will try out Outward, although survival aspects are putting me off.

I still got to try Bards Take and Pathfinder as well as waiting for more Insomnia and Underworld patches.

Good year all in all.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Latest NVIDIA driver update is bugged

RTX 2080 getting graphics device removed and game crashes in WWE 2K19

Only game this happens with too

Status
Not open for further replies.