• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I finally spent around 3000 UPlay points before they expired. Man that hurts :( I am now left with just 820 points.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Ghost in the Shell is SHIT! Major is a hack!
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Kusanagi
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓

But given how negative everything else is right now, I'm determined to be as positive as I can be with gaming.
My solution for dealing with this is to go online and abuse rightwingers.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
People are focusing a lot on the negatives, especially in here, which is understandable as it mostly affects PC gaming.

But given how negative everything else is right now, I'm determined to be as positive as I can be with gaming.
That's the right attitude. Thanks to Epic's shenanigans Steam is half-full, not half-empty!

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
After all this Valve Index buzz i kinda started thinking about getting VR headset if i get new GPU later this year.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I watched The Shape of Water last night and all I could think is why doesn't del Toro do a Bioshock movie?

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Holy mother of God Risk of Rain 2 has almost 5000 reviews on Steam.

My review

vM8esbT.png

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reviewing as a shlooter is a half measure. If you truly care about the future of mankind please consider proposing the Shlooter tag as well.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017

Makeshift Chef

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Holy mother of God Risk of Rain 2 has almost 5000 reviews on Steam.
While I haven't reviewed or even played it yet I did purchase it this morning. The devs giving a second copy with purchase if bought early enough was a really interesting move. I normally wouldn't have even considered buying it so early. Now I have an extra copy sitting in my room inventory. Justifying it as a ten dollar purchase for myself falls under impulse buy territory for me. It looks like fun so that certainly helps.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I went to Twitch today and from what i can see BFV Battle Royal mode more-less did nothing. Views spiked at launch day and then did nosedive.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
So, I completely ignored Far Cry: Primal at launch. It sounded like it would probably be a cheap add-on, at the time I was a bit down on Ubisoft games. When I bought TD2 from the store this I was given the choice of three free games, and this was the one that made me "meh" the least.

I was about to go to bed last night and I put the game on download. As I was getting ready to sleep, I noticed the game was already installed. So I booted it up to see how the graphics held up with the 4K res pack....

And 5 hours later I was forcing myself to stop playing.

The game is really, really pretty. And the gamplay loop is really well done. It's far more fleshed out than I assumed it would be, and feels like a completely different game to the FC series even if many of the mechanics are familiar.

Playing on Survial + Expert and it can be a rush, knowing my companion can die in a battle, having to forage and hunt to counter the survival mechanics, the beastmaster aspect giving the game a really unique feel.

This is good stuff so far, I'm really happy I chose it. It really does feel like I'm part of a world, and the bonds I feel with my companion animals are making the game feel very personal.

i really recommend this to anyone who has thought about trying it in the past.

Veidt

Oct 27, 2017
Don't believe it. It's a trick to get people to buy now because everyone is waiting.

The interesting part is how Deep Silver and all the official Metro communication channels keep reiterating that "Metro Exodus will return to Steam after 14 February 2020", as seen in blog posts (such as this recent one) and tweets:

So it's not like the exclusivity deal prohibits them from saying it.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The interesting part is how Deep Silver and all the official Metro communication channels keep reiterating that "Metro Exodus will return to Steam after 14 February 2020", as seen in blog posts (such as this recent one) and tweets:

So it's not like the exclusivity deal prohibits them from saying it.

They want that extra 18%, thats all. I mean, its either 12 months after EA release or 1.0.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
So, I completely ignored Far Cry: Primal at launch. It sounded like it would probably be a cheap add-on, at the time I was a bit down on Ubisoft games. When I bought TD2 from the store this I was given the choice of three free games, and this was the one that made me "meh" the least.

I was about to go to bed last night and I put the game on download. As I was getting ready to sleep, I noticed the game was already installed. So I booted it up to see how the graphics held up with the 4K res pack....

And 5 hours later I was forcing myself to stop playing.

The game is really, really pretty. And the gamplay loop is really well done. It's far more fleshed out than I assumed it would be, and feels like a completely different game to the FC series even if many of the mechanics are familiar.

Playing on Survial + Expert and it can be a rush, knowing my companion can die in a battle, having to forage and hunt to counter the survival mechanics, the beastmaster aspect giving the game a really unique feel.

This is good stuff so far, I'm really happy I chose it. It really does feel like I'm part of a world, and the bonds I feel with my companion animals are making the game feel very personal.

i really recommend this to anyone who has thought about trying it in the past.

I really liked Primal. Great looking game, ran really well. Interesting enough map and story. Love my pet Sabertooth.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe. Maybe not. Can't they just say: Yes, it comes to Steam? :( I hate this.

From the FAQ.
Will the game be coming to Steam after the Epic exclusivity is over?
Don't know, we haven't planned that far ahead. But maybe.

they potentially hurt their sales on EGS if they indicate people can just wait it out

Status
Not open for further replies.