• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
It's not neogaf. They're talking about MetaCouncil.
Is it really that much more pc centric? I have to pay more attention when i visit next i guess.

On a completely unrelated, i finally beat Gears of Wars PC GFW edition. Im not sure if i actually want to continue playing [the available on pc] series if theyre all like 1. Some of the ai issues are so blatant once you play for a few minutes. Even if Gears4 is like $6 on cdkeys. I can get my Dimaggio fix from Bender.

Mr. Tibbs

Oct 27, 2017

In two weeks, two former Raven devs will be launching a Kickstarter for their promising retro shooter Prodeus. I haven't backed anything for years, but I'm keen to support the indie FPS movement.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
The stance on PC gaming on Era is uncaring at best, both regular users and mods like to troll in threads related to Steam and the EGS. It's disappointing that they are banning member just for complaining about behaviour that's bannable in other situations. They're starting to do the same things they criticised the old GAF mods for.

Sure, but what is the point even engaging with those threads?
I'm not even going to enter or discuss anything in there. As per usual, it is platform warring pure and simple, with no actual meaningful discussion occurring as the usual suspects rail on at their perceived tribal enemy(s). Then any opinion you have not inline with the crowd is not open for debate. Forum logic, Steam / PC Gaming logic. Nothing new is discussed and the conversations are cyclical. Worthless. Do something more meaningful with your time and let those people fester there. Post only in threads where an actual discussion is going on or go to a different venue.

Cth

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
2 days remaining in the giveaway for Glass Masquerade 2

https://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/15fBE/glass-masquerade-2-illusions

https://store.steampowered.com/app/935880/Glass_Masquerade_2_Illusions/
header_292x136.jpg

(sorry for setting the end date wrong)

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I remember when I bought an Xbox one at launch(🙈) and had to wait nearly an hour for Dead Rising 3 to install off the disc so I could launch the game. This gen has not been good for physical media.

I've lived in tiny apartments since and can't afford to store games anymore anyway lol

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I got a Foil recently and the race to the bottom astounded me. I put up the first card for $10 and when I woke up the market was down to $2 bucks.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
So, just got a new gaming PC.

Intel Core i7 8700 (6 Core 12 Thread @ 4.6GHz - Intel 4K GPU)
Intel H310M-MB
16GB DDR4-2666 (2 x 8GB Kit)
Liquid Cooling Package
500GB Solid State Drive (SSD) - SATA3
nVidia GeForce RTX2060 - 6GB

How do you guys think I'll fare w/ RE2 and DMCV as compared to my X1X?

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So, just got a new gaming PC.

Intel Core i7 8700 (6 Core 12 Thread @ 4.6GHz - Intel 4K GPU)
Intel H310M-MB
16GB DDR4-2666 (2 x 8GB Kit)
Liquid Cooling Package
500GB Solid State Drive (SSD) - SATA3
nVidia GeForce RTX2060 - 6GB

How do you guys think I'll fare w/ RE2 and DMCV as compared to my X1X?

Should be good because I got perfect performance in both on my I7 3770K and GTX 1060 6GB.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Any chance I can do anything at 4k? Or at the very least, 1440p

I can't answer that question, I game in 1080p on two monitors. Sorry, I think you should be able to do 1440p, at 30 FPS (this is being the safe side of things though I bet you can get 60). I can't really answer that.

I also never play on ultra. High as there really isn't a diff between ultra and high, just one has a bigger performance cost.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
I can't answer that question, I game in 1080p on two monitors. Sorry, I think you should be able to do 1440p, at 30 FPS (this is being the safe side of things though I bet you can get 60). I can't really answer that.

I also never play on ultra. High as there really isn't a diff between ultra and high, just one has a bigger performance cost.
Easily tbh. 4k 60 should be achievable.

I'd say on medium settings.
Awesome, thanks for the replies.

Very excited. Havent upgraded my PC since 2010 (!!!).

Got Anthem, Div 2, and Sekiro (cancelled all my preorders on 1X) on PC.

Looking to grab RE2 next.

Nov 8, 2017

At 1440p max quality settings the 2060 has 0.1% lows above 60fps according to some random benches I just searched.

it's conceivable that you could run the game at 4k with 75 or 80% image quality setting to run it at subnative, but still very good resolutions while maintaining 60fps. Dropping some settings a notch or two could get you to near-4k 60 but I don't have a 2060 to test on myself.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
At 1440p max quality settings the 2060 has 0.1% lows above 60fps according to some random benches I just searched.

it's conceivable that you could run the game at 4k with 75 or 80% image quality setting to run it at subnative, but still very good resolutions while maintaining 60fps.
Good enough for me.

Really wanted to swing a 2070, but, just couldnt afford those couple extra hundred.

Nov 8, 2017
I am using a 1080p 144hz G-sync panel with a 2080, so it's a bit overkill haha. I boosted IQ to 130% and capped my framerate at 80 with RTSS because I'd rather my GPU work less hard at that point.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i think i'm gonna end up buying sekiro on ps4

getting the pc to detect my stupid ps4 controller sucks and is so difficult to troubleshoot when you get absolutely no feedback on what's going wrong -__-

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Hey all, not sure if anyone's mentioned it yet but Fanatical's current star deal is Yakuza 0 for $11.39. YMMV but I was able to use the 10% off code even though they said it didn't apply, whoops.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/yakuza-0

Got it.

For $10.25.

What a deal lol

I cant believe I spent $40 on the PS4 version about a year ago.....lmao.

Edit: They wont charge me.....or make the key invalid....would they?

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018

I got a Ryzen 5 2600+Vega 56 setup and I can do 1440p 60fps on RE2 without much trouble. The 2060 is slightly above the Vega 56 so you should be perfectly fine, though 4k might be a bit of a stretch and you'll have to play with the settings a bit.

Rogue Agent

Oct 25, 2017
In that case, it depends on the game. E.g. I think Resident Evil 2 doesn't have the Steam Input API implemented so you'll only see the Xbox icons. I used a mod to display PS4 icons for Resident Evil 2 - I'm just using that game as an example. A game that uses Steam Input API (SIAPI) will use the relevant icons for your controller.

EDIT: It's best to approach it game by game. If you want some info on whether a particular game has PS4 icons, let me know and I'll check for you.

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
i think i'm gonna end up buying sekiro on ps4

getting the pc to detect my stupid ps4 controller sucks and is so difficult to troubleshoot when you get absolutely no feedback on what's going wrong -__-
What's the problem, exactly?

Just uninstall every controller-related driver (or simply move from the bluetooth window), and re-sync it with the bluetooth by holding share+ps buttons together.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
CBIZND5.png

it's so strange that unlocking a chapter lets you start at any given checkpoint even if you haven't reached that point lol

this game is weird

Counterpoint: load times.
yeah but playing on a keyboard and mouse is way worse

What's the problem, exactly?

Just uninstall every controller-related driver (or simply move from the bluetooth window), and re-sync it with the bluetooth by holding share+ps buttons together.
it didn't work for the hour i tried until i complained here and it worked lol

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Never played a Yakuza game, always kind of watched it from a distance. But reading the description has me interested, especially since it is set in the '80s.

What is Yakuza 0 though? Is it a remake or something?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Are you talking about the $10.50 or whatever price? I doubt it's an error, the game was $12 with a bunch of other great games in the february humble monthly.

Yeah, the coupon rules state no star deals but this is a Star deal lol....maybe it was a oversight, either ways...hopefully nothing bad happens to my purchase/key.

Never played a Yakuza game, always kind of watched it from a distance. But reading the description has me interested, especially since it is set in the '80s.

Prequel to Yakuza 1/Kiwami

Play it first.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017

it's a prequel but it doesn't need prior knowledge of the series. i would hazard a guess it doesn't even matter if you do, since a lot of the story of 0 is either completely self contained or kind of ends by kiwami

it's a cool game

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
So I played the demo and this game is actually really cool. I dont really understand it and cant explain it but its fun! It is marketed as a metroidvania which I suppose makes sense as you have to unlock skills to get to higher places to get coins to get more skills! I dunno, but it works. I just bought it because its the Chrono deal of the day. Supposedly it leaves early access in a few weeks. Check out the demo!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
CBIZND5.png

it's so strange that unlocking a chapter lets you start at any given checkpoint even if you haven't reached that point lol

this game is weird

yeah but playing on a keyboard and mouse is way worse

it didn't work for the hour i tried until i complained here and it worked lol

It's because scenario select in a chapter came in a later patch. Originally you had to play every level all the way, even if you just wanted to get to one part. Though said update did make one aspect easier.
If you want to beat the game on the hardest difficulty. You can get the achievement by just warping to the end of every chapter and finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.