PC Gaming Era | March 2019 - The Ides of Smarch

Oct 27, 2017
Ok. Bus Simulator 2018 was released in June 2018. I installed the mod tools for the simulator (unreal engine) in June 2018. I also found several "backups" with my steamID (steamID3 to be precise) in the filenames. First backup was made in June 2018. What the fuck? Why?

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess it's a sign I have too many games, when I try to redeem GRID 2 only to realize I already had it. At least the DLC is new to me so that's cool

Here's the code just in case someone doesn't have an humble account or something:

You need to reply to this in order to see this content.

Oct 27, 2017
The only reason I'd want to play is that I work in DC and all the footage I've seen looks strikingly accurate.

Like I've seen the building I work in (couple blocks north of the White House) on several occasions in gameplay clips.
Yeah, the game looks gorgeous. I liked The Division 1 a lot despite not finishing it, and hearing people gush about the game makes me want to play it right now.

Oct 25, 2017
Did some games journalists completely forget that they are supposed to maintain at least some semblance of journalistic integrity and standards?
Steam Link and Dedicated Network Changes
by theLetdown

Steam, the monopoly, is awful because they won’t answer the specific qualms I have.

Also, some shit about Steam Link something or other.

In conclusion, Tim Sweeney is a sweetheart.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Oct 25, 2017
Uninstalling Epic Games Launcher. These free games they’re giving out (that I already own on Steam anyways) ain’t worth this slimy feeling I have knowing it’s spying on all my Steam data to help Epic.

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Loving your new avatar Wok
Seeing Sweeneys face all over this place is a f*cking nightmare coming true. Please don't do this to me 😳

I will post soon, I will add bit more information and how to replicate findings.
Thanks m8!

Even if EGS uses it only to import friends, it shouldn't collect Steam data before I actually use this import function.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't be the only one laughing my fucking ass off reading these Google threads with people bitching and worrying that Google may get exclusives via money hats, right? The fucking irony. I've been told repeatedly that competition is good.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't be the only one laughing my fucking ass off reading those Google threads with people bitching and worrying that Google may get exclusives via money hats, right? The fucking irony. I've been told repeatedly that competition is good.
It's amazing, we all knew it would happen in the discord too.

Moneyhats are fine until it affects them.

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, it is not like Epic didnt already show that they dont understand GDPR laws.

Remember when they launched the store and during the first days they sent your email to the devs you were interested in by default (you had to express you didnt want to do it)?
And that they were using a negative form of the text to make it sound like you were not sharing it by default (as you normally expect the information on a positive not negative form).
Later when they were told that was illegal under GDPR they said that GDPR didnt allow for boxes to be preticked and that they would love to have it not by default! (which is a lie, GDPR both says you need to avoid any possible misunderstanding in language AND that by default the information sharing should be OFF, regardless of it is ticked or not, just examples of it being used correctly show it unticked).

So yeah, another GDPR violation from them would not be surprising to say the least.