• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
do6pGxl.png

EfSbeZ4.png

• Sorry for the delay, got stuck with again
2B0QzXu.png

VgLxJLo.png

Xenonauts 2 - Gabbo
Xenonauts 2 - nothing like some turn based strategy fighting Aliens in not-XCOM to scratch that itch

ZrE13BD.png

Katana Zero - BlueOdin
If 2D stylish-action-platformer with bullet-reflection and time-manipulation in a neo-noir setting is your thing, check out Katana Zero!

ylGVzUv.png

The Division 2 - bmdubya
Do you enjoy shooting and looting? Well The Division 2 is a game full of that, plus more!

Set seven months after the first game, The Division 2 takes players south to Washington D.C., where a civil war has broken out between survivors and murderous gangs. As a Division agent, you're called in to help bring order and stability back to the nation's capitol in a 40-hour campaign that will have you shooting a lot of enemies, and collecting loot to become a more efficient Division agent.

The dark zone has been reworked, and now consists of three smaller areas around the city to encourage more encounters with other human players, but the developers have added ways to alleviate some of the griefing that would happen in the dark zone in the first game. The game will also be releasing with two PvP modes.

And the game doesn't stop when the campaign is over. Massive Entertainment has done a lot of work to keep you playing with their endgame content, which includes new weapons, new missions, a new skill tree, and a tough new faction that threatens to undo all the work you did in restoring the city. Massive has also stated that they plan to support the game for a long time, with all expansions released in the first year being free to not split the playerbase.

Agents, it's time to save Washington D.C. and the entire United States. Good luck out there!

7AiiuRb.png

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Kudo
The only game that really matters this year. Another Miyazaki Masterpiece. A must-play.
Are you ready to die twice?

ekaKnkd.png

Trials Rising Joe Spangle
Released at the tail end of last month, Trials Rising is Redlynx Studios latest entry into their Trials series. The basic premise is to get your motorbike from one end of a track to the other in the fastest time possible. Along the way there will be obstacles, jumps, drops, physics based actions and explosions. Lots of explosions.

MfNzYRU.png

Outward - texhnolyze
In Outward, you're no Chosen One, you're just an ordinary human being. Which means that you starts from the bottom, with no special power whatsoever. You're pretty weak at the start, and without proper preparation you won't survive in the wild. There's survival element too, so you need to keep your character fed and rested. There are three factions you can join, each with its own storylines. As you progress with the story and explore the world, you can learn new skills from trainers, as well as earn new gear from loot or merchant. With its slower, more methodical, exploration-based approach, Outward really brings back the classic RPG formula where RPGs actually felt like RPGs.

D7sTtCN.png

UXyA0d8.png

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - Uzzy
Maybe you've had a dry January and want to slake your thirst? Maybe you're in the Northern Hemisphere and these long, dark nights have gotten you in the mood for some modern horror? Regardless, Troika's final game is still a masterpiece of writing, character and atmosphere that more than matches anything put out today, 15 years after release. With the most recent update to the Unofficial Patch having been put out just last month, it's a perfect time to (re)visit L.A. and sink your teeth into one of gaming's true cult classics.

People who have completed:

xM8izhq.png

EenO64o.png

Devil Daggers - spineduke
200 secs ballpark, although its hard to gauge how accessible it should be

People who have completed:

zIlAMZZ.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK/POP.

xOQEs5n.png

tGKe2ZK.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this hidden link that you need to quote:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Copying from the last thread:

laughing at people reporting bugs in WoW classic but they were just features of the game then

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I guess we all the Shloot-shaming, there was no way it was gonna appear in the title. Hope y'all are happy.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
On a whim I decided to record myself playing a game, but I do not have the voice for Let's Plays at all haha. I have a new-found respect for LP'ers.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
DoA6 is... Well it's DoA so it's good and all, but man I really hate the new way costumes are unlocked. At least the port is good, though it doesn't seem to support fullscreen. It's borderless all the time, even when fullscreen is selected for some reason. And lobbies aren't there yet, but I read something about an update roadmap that will bring them soon. Oh well.

Really I'm just biding time for LEFT ALIVE though.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
d a n k m e m e s k i d s

Am hoping Left Alive is a diamond in the rough and not utter shite. Was pretty hyped until some of the recent footage of enemies taking a ton of head shots.

Last edited:

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
I just got a 144hz monitor and man I dont think I can go back to regular 60hz monitors now.

What are some games that play way better at a high refresh rate? I've tried DOOM and DMC4SE so far.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
"The only game that really matters this year."

Not when DMCV is releasing 2 weeks before.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish the Division 2 still was on Steam, but Im happy CDKeys is sendign UPlay codes and not EGS. It's weird, Im gonna have to go though UPlay regardless wherever I would have used EGS or Steam, but I would have wanted the game on Steam than UPlay or EGS.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty disappointed right now. I love bioware games and the looks at Anthem finally got me to build a PC in time for the beta, I played it and hated everything about the game, so now I'm trying to figure out what to play on this thing. It's been great for working at home so far sense the graphics card is nearly as good as the ones I use at work, but I'm not getting a lot of play time out of it. Are there any essential "PC only" experiences you guys can recommend?

Specs :

i5 9600k
RTX 2060
16 GB DDR4 at 2400Mhz
512 GB nvme SSD

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the Division 2 still was on Steam, but Im happy CDKeys is sendign UPlay codes and not EGS. It's weird, Im gonna have to go though UPlay regardless wherever I would have used EGS or Steam, but I would have wanted the game on Steam than UPlay or EGS.

You will double dip on the steam version next year when they release it with the year 2 season pass content or wtvr. Its exactly what all these developers want you to do with these stupid exclusivity deals on an open platform. Its all so shitty and anticonsumer.

Same is applied to all those people who bought Exodus on EGS. Next year you will buy it on Steam for wtvr reason as it will be cheaper and most likely have additional content.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Shlooter / Looter-shooter is so dumb. whats wrong with just calling them action RPG's .

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
You will double dip on the steam version next year when they release it with the year 2 season pass content or wtvr. Its exactly what all these developers want you to do with these stupid exclusivity deals on an open platform. Its all so shitty and anticonsumer.

Same is applied to all those people who bought Exodus on EGS. Next year you will buy it on Steam for wtvr reason as it will be cheaper and most likely have additional content.

I am still not convinced that they will release Division 2 on Steam at all.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I've enjoyed what I've played of The Division 2. This is going to be an expensive month, but at least I managed to snag DMCV and TD2 for $50 total since there's a million copies for sale because of AMD Rewards.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
EU IV for me this month. Last time I played grand strategy from Paradox I've got overthrown by my LGBT, satanist, hunchback uncle who declared me a heretic (the nerve!).

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Borderlands 3 won't be on Steam for sure. Pitchfork doesn't like Valve and Epic won't spare money.

Status
Not open for further replies.