• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1845

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't be the only one laughing my fucking ass off reading these Google threads with people bitching and worrying that Google may get exclusives via money hats, right? The fucking irony. I've been told repeatedly that competition is good.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I can't be the only one laughing my fucking ass off reading those Google threads with people bitching and worrying that Google may get exclusives via money hats, right? The fucking irony. I've been told repeatedly that competition is good.
It's amazing, we all knew it would happen in the discord too.

Moneyhats are fine until it affects them.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, it is not like Epic didnt already show that they dont understand GDPR laws.

Remember when they launched the store and during the first days they sent your email to the devs you were interested in by default (you had to express you didnt want to do it)?
And that they were using a negative form of the text to make it sound like you were not sharing it by default (as you normally expect the information on a positive not negative form).
Later when they were told that was illegal under GDPR they said that GDPR didnt allow for boxes to be preticked and that they would love to have it not by default! (which is a lie, GDPR both says you need to avoid any possible misunderstanding in language AND that by default the information sharing should be OFF, regardless of it is ticked or not, just examples of it being used correctly show it unticked).

So yeah, another GDPR violation from them would not be surprising to say the least.

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017

Uh there is evidence they look for that information even if the person DOES NOT link their Steam account to EGS, why should they be snooping around my computer looking at Steam without my permission?

And Steams own API can do that for them, they dont need to do their own snooping to get information that is given permission to be publically avalaible.

Epic should NOT be snooping around my local files.

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm. With all this Epic stuff piling up... Wonder if it's possible for any of the Epic exclusive games to back out and instead release on Steam like the good ol' days. Or wherever else.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Google has so much cash on hand. If they are serious about gaming you better believe moneyhats are on their way.

With Ubisoft showing up at their conference I wouldn't be surprised if they moneyhatted Watch Dogs 3 as a timed exclusive or something. Maybe Google + PC only for a year. I remember W2 wasn't a big seller for Ubi compared to the first so they go could go down that path.

And yea streaming licenses + rights are gonna be a whole new console war shit going forward once this streaming platform race takes off. Timed exclusivity is gonna be a popular word for these next several years. Its gonna be a lot of hypocrisy and Q_Q going on.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Just had a nightmare vision google partners with epic and google box has epic store as the sole place to get games. can't see it happening but shudders.

Deleted member 1845

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh lord, this forum right now. I need some popcorn as this is more enjoyable than anything I've played or watched lately.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Google has so much cash on hand. If they are serious about gaming you better believe moneyhats are on their way.

With Ubisoft showing up at their conference I wouldn't be surprised if they moneyhatted Watch Dogs 3 as a timed exclusive or something. Maybe Google + PC only for a year. I remember W2 wasn't a big seller for Ubi compared to the first so they go could go down that path.

And yea streaming licenses + rights are gonna be a whole new console war shit going forward once this streaming platform race takes off. Timed exclusivity is gonna be a popular word for these next several years. Its gonna be a lot of hypocrisy and Q_Q going on.

Maybe I will finally make a dent in my backlog while I'm waiting for all the exclusivities to expire?

Naw, who am I kidding, my wishlists are nearly as big as my libraries on most stores.

Deleted member 5864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You wear pants on your head?
Not judging.
That's what someone with an americentric view of the universe would say...

img_5b030ac762c9d.png

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a nightmare vision google partners with epic and google box has epic store as the sole place to get games. can't see it happening but shudders.

It won't happen to that extent but I totally see Fortnite releasing on the new Google console. Epic gonna put that shit on everything.

Maybe Google will parrot the same 12% dev cut nonsense just like Epic. They could light a fire underneath Xbox and PSN's asses pushing devs to their new hardware. Would be good for competition.

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've got to say, "GDPR doesn't matter because it only affects a niche market" is one of the wilder things I've read recently.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
First GDPR fines were small because they were warnings with promises from the companies that they would start complying. If the big ones still do not fulfill it soon, they will get the big fines (aka the ones related to turnover)

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with people underestimating the EU and how they apply their laws. Will just come to bite them in the ass big time.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The Sweeney and Galyonkin avatars are triggering me.

I could use my hitman stare.

nF4SYQs.png

If you stare long enough at indie devs, you can scare them so much that they accept any deal.

I had to put on the glasses, because it was too distracting, even for me.

Last edited:

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Chances of the games media responding to this?

Zero percent chance

And if they do, they will go make excuses for Epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.