• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
WTF? What's the racist part?

It must be this:
G7MdizM.png

qV1W3j0.png

L90szZo.png

Apparently, a deleted comment mentioned racism:

Edit: Found it.

The agenda here in this conspiracy theory like pseudo programming is so apparent.
It is like listening to people who are anti-vax but with programs, unable to understand programming like not being able to understand the science behind vaccinations with all the morality of "I want to protect others from the dangers"
Nothing at all that you have shown is of any concern at all, nothing you have done would even uncover anything in the first place. it is like someone looking through a microscope at a medicine with no scientific knowledge and claiming it is really trying to kill you because you "noticed" things and the medicine was made in China, which is important because of thinly veiled racism.

And this one:

Last edited:

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
WTF? What's the racist part?

Most likely the discussion about Tencant and distrust of Chinese companies, or more likely some fucko leaving a comment somewhere on reddit or elsewhere about this.

Disappointed by RPS. But, this is the kind of thing that drew me to RPS in the first place, blistering hot takes, so its to be expected.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Well, RPS and Eurogamer were the only two gaming-related outlets I was able to read without getting annoyed as hell because they looked like the closest thing to actual journalism but apparently they can't be trusted with hot takes no different from those you can read from your average poster on your average message board. Alright.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I always play with a continuous camera and no snap turning in vr since I found it so immersion breaking and Hellblade was the first game to give me real motion sickness so definitely a good idea to take breaks. Do get used to it tho or at least I did as I went from playing 30 minutes to a 2 hour session.

Im alright in cockpit based games. Played a load of Elite Dangerous in VR (which is feking brilliant) without issues. It just seems to be a few types of games that give me issues and this is one of them. Ill try playing around with the snap turning settings.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Any investigative work done by the non-journalist audience, that has ramifications beyond...say...finding a glitch in a looter shooter, will be met with much harsher scrutiny and upturned noses by outlets. This is just one more negative side effect of GamerGate; any audience dogpiling or "bitch eating crackers" on something will be met with pushback.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
It's depressing with RPS and PC Gamer, because if there's really no issue with Epic doing what they're doing then a reasoned, in-depth article - with interviews and requests to comment from Sweeney/Galyonkin/Epic and Valve/Gabe/whoever - would put the whole thing to bed, done-and-dusted. What both sites have instead done is push a specific line without deigning to consider that there may actually be a problem. By dismissing the issue out of hand, it just makes it look like there's something to hide.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Any investigative work done by the non-journalist audience, that has ramifications beyond...say...finding a glitch in a looter shooter, will be met with much harsher scrutiny and upturned noses by outlets. This is just one more negative side effect of GamerGate; any audience dogpiling or "bitch eating crackers" on something will be met with pushback.

Gamergate did a number on the video gaming public and its relation with the Video gaming media. I don't blame the media for distancing themselves and taking the stance that often the gaming public needs to take a breath and step back from the mob. We've got work to do and I don't mind the games media calling us out every now and then.

I'm not even against RPS take, as we all have spy devices in our pockets. Its the world. However, I'm not really interested in downplaying someone's concern/anger over this. I don't know what steps people take to secure their private information and how controlling it matters to them and I'm not going to finger wag and they them they're overacting. Also, many others have pointed out how Epics explanation of the feature doesn't match up with the data and local file information collected and perhaps sent back to Epic.

What frustrates me more about the recent RPS articles is that even when Steam offers a new feature, its because of Epic games. When Epic Games gives a dev a bag of money, they stop short of calling a spade a spade. I thought they were more of a actual investigative outlet, when it seems like now they're more a place for offering opinions on just games themselves and the gaming landscape in broad strokes and relaying press releases. In 2008 they were openly critical of major gaming companies when they gave us the PR spin and now Epic Games is getting the kid gloves treatment.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Well, these sites and the people writing these articles have made their position very clear. They chose to side with the corporation instead of the customers. Good to know.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I deleted my Epic Account right after the Metro Exodus deal and just received an email about Division 2 what

I also got an email.

I just realized that I have an epic games account bc I sample fortnite on my PS4.

Huh. I already uninstalled fornite bc i'm not interested in it. I replaced it with Apex like weeks ago lol.

Maybe time to delete account?

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I received an email from Epic too earlier today for The Division 2. And you know what? The email is such a low effort. There's only Epic logo, the game's banner, and a paragraph of copy. It's the simplest template of all.

Anyway, it's the 2nd email after the confirmation email. I never opted in for newsletter, and there's literally no way for us to choose to opt in. Clicking the unsubscribe button in the email redirect me to a newsletter managing page, which can't be accessed from anywhere in the website. Unless if I'm missing something.

DGB03GF.png

Where's the "Unsubscribe All" button, by the way?

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
If anything, I have faith on the PC community. People at large will continue ignoring the Epic Store and Epic will continue burning it's money until they give up, even if take some years. It worked with Microsoft.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
About the email. It happened before with the latest season of Fortnite 8 when some people here commented how they just got that email despite not being subscribed to that newsletter.
Taking into account the evolution of the store, my main guess is they consolidated all the newsletters from the launcher, which means: UE4, Fortnite and EGS.

Ollolol

Nov 1, 2017
If anything, I have faith on the PC community. People at large will continue ignoring the Epic Store and Epic will continue burning it's money until they give up, even if take some years. It worked with Microsoft.

I hope so but I'm not confident about it. The majority of gaming audience is quite different now, they don't care about anything (lootboxes, broken games, shady practices, gaming media bullshit...) I wish Epic crash and burn if they keep acting like assholes, the younger/broader audience though... I'm not sure.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I hope so but I'm not confident about it. The majority of gaming audience is quite different now, they don't care about anything (lootboxes, broken games, shady practices, gaming media bullshit...) I wish Epic crash and burn if they keep acting like assholes, the younger/broader audience though... I'm not sure.

It remains 50/50 on whether Epic Games Store will be a major success in 10 years. It hasn't started well but Epic has endless pockets.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
That email doesn't even have a name in it.
It's literally "Hi, (blank), The Division 2 is out, come check it out!"

Unsubbing now

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
About the email. It happened before with the latest season of Fortnite 8 when some people here commented how they just got that email despite not being subscribed to that newsletter.
Taking into account the evolution of the store, my main guess is they consolidated all the newsletters from the launcher, which means: UE4, Fortnite and EGS.

I didn't get Division 2 email for example but i did get Battle Pass one for Season 8.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I have suddenly come around on this whole Epic thing. They simply want us all to accept games, no matter where they happen to be. As long as they are part of the games collective. We shouldn't offer futile resistance. It doesn't matter how many launchers you have, you have to accept them all as no traces of individuality should exist. Epic means well, Epic is for the good of as all.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You fools whined about no features of epic launcher when in fact there is such nice hdd scraping going on. Now gotta apologize to ts.

Deleted member 1849

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I also got this email, after closing my account a month or so ago.

Maybe this is also thread worthy. If you delete your account, I think most people would expect to be removed from mailing lists.

Memphis-Ahn

Nov 7, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.