• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually kinda glad Epic bought up a year of Outer Worlds exclusivity so I just used a free month of game pass instead of paying $60 for it. I was really disappointed.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
I am not going to name names 'cause I am not looking for an argument atm, but that's an issue in so many well regarded games (specially ones well regarded for their writing); it's like people became null to it at some point in the early 00s.

I mean, I often glaze over this kind of stuff, i just rankled my cankles when all I saw everywhere was everyone talking about how amazing Parvati was written. I felt like was playing a different game.

Like, representation matters, so that aspect of her as a character that exists in a AAA game is great. No argument there.

But damn. Nothing about her personality makes sense. Like, when speaking to this chirpy, friendly, conventionally attractive, easy going girl from a backwater town filled to the brim with drudges, do you believe she'd be some social outcast? What childhood and life experience leads to a character like this?

"Oh I don't get along too well with everyone, I just keep to myself. Even though I'm really friendly specifically to you. And anyone else that you see me talk to, but not the people you don't see me talk to. Everyone else thinks I'm a weirdo. Do you think I'm a weirdo? What if I stutter a little bit, and ask you for advice and simultaneously be SO OBLIVIOUS OH MY GOD and hyper-competent at these specific things you need me for? And what if I need you too, player character? What if I need you to guide me through my formative love and sexual awakening? What if you could guide me through my first drinks? My first trip into the wide wonderful world? Would you do that for me mom/dad? I mean player character! What if I was a fully grown character that has no agency of her own and I ask you to hold my hand through every major high school experience so you can live vicariously through me? Would you like that? Do you like me? Do you? I'm insecure. Tell me you like me. I want you to like me. I really want you to like me. Please mommy."

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Edit-
Characters have to be defeated at tier 3 or above to be unlocked (except the shopkeeper, she can be defeated at any point).

tier 4 actually and I cant unlock Selicity for the life of me, I just cant figure her out.

edit: nvm got her, on tier 5 even with Reva. Clearly I am the greatest One Step From Eden player that ever was. And then I was fucking destroyed by the main character >_>

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Gyj2eEI.png

FFXIII continues. Etro help me.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
On Steam. Almost everyone is selling Bethesda keys. (Buka regions got Steam keys I think).

Sounds insane. Because Bethesda.net should've sold at least around same as Steam.

A couple of years ago or so, Zhuge mentioned that the Uplay/Steam split for Ubi games is roughly 50/50, so we can safely assume that's also the ceiling for Doom Eternal's Bethnet/Steam split, especially with, as you've said, Steam keys being used in a handful of regions. My guess would be Bethnet represents no more than 40% of the pie.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine Bethesda.net has near the market penetration of Uplay. Ubisoft's third party deals also tend to be more aggressive. Ubisoft still gets a lot of direct purchases directly in Uplay, and I can't imagine many did that for Doom.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I often glaze over this kind of stuff, i just rankled my cankles when all I saw everywhere was everyone talking about how amazing Parvati was written. I felt like was playing a different game.

Like, representation matters, so that aspect of her as a character that exists in a AAA game is great. No argument there.

But damn. Nothing about her personality makes sense. Like, when speaking to this chirpy, friendly, conventionally attractive, easy going girl from a backwater town filled to the brim with drudges, do you believe she'd be some social outcast? What childhood and life experience leads to a character like this?

"Oh I don't get along too well with everyone, I just keep to myself. Even though I'm really friendly specifically to you. And anyone else that you see me talk to, but not the people you don't see me talk to. Everyone else thinks I'm a weirdo. Do you think I'm a weirdo? What if I stutter a little bit, and ask you for advice and simultaneously be SO OBLIVIOUS OH MY GOD and hyper-competent at these specific things you need me for? And what if I need you too, player character? What if I need you to guide me through my formative love and sexual awakening? What if you could guide me through my first drinks? My first trip into the wide wonderful world? Would you do that for me mom/dad? I mean player character! What if I was a fully grown character that has no agency of her own and I ask you to hold my hand through every major high school experience so you can live vicariously through me? Would you like that? Do you like me? Do you? I'm insecure. Tell me you like me. I want you to like me. I really want you to like me. Please mommy."

Damn

I could never quite put the finger on why everyone loves Parvati so much but the character did absolutely nothing for me. Now I know it thanks to you.

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man this was thrilling, landed a late-game Slayer Gate on the first try on Ultraviolence. Damn near gave me a heart attack!

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I can't get over just how good the new Half Life game is. I've been playing an hour or so at a time (With a week off for a spot of heavy Animal Crossing fishing). I just finished the section with Jeff which was as tense as hell. It looks so damn good too.

While working from home I've been trying to fit in some Beat Saber for exercise as well. Modded that game is so much fun.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
i finished alyx and now i have 0 will to go play doom. i will play some the witcher 3, that i have been playing on and off for a long time, but im still at half game

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
IT IS HERE

36.84 on GMG with a coupon that was just sent out. Or 40 on steam if you own any other Mount & Blade game.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine Bethesda.net has near the market penetration of Uplay. Ubisoft's third party deals also tend to be more aggressive. Ubisoft still gets a lot of direct purchases directly in Uplay, and I can't imagine many did that for Doom.

But that's the only way if you want a cheap DOOM Eternal key.

Of course Beth.net does not have Uplay penetration, but if you are not willing to spend 60 bucks it's your only choice.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually kinda glad Epic bought up a year of Outer Worlds exclusivity so I just used a free month of game pass instead of paying $60 for it. I was really disappointed.
That's the real added value of EGS: immunity from marketing hype. One year later, you look at a game that was on your wishlist and you're like "Ugh. Well, money saved".

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a while since I bought a game right as it released, but does Steam usually die when this happens? It was hella slow just getting to the cart, then behaved erratically when I tried to remove the game (Bannerlord). Ended up with a phantom cart (Steam UI shows empty, but the game is still there) until I managed to go back into it from the store page.

Steam is now murdering my bandwidth and disk with this download of Bannerlord, but it was being real slow/unresponsive even before that.

Edit: Actually, maybe Bannerlord is actually that big of a release.

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
So do we think that Valve will expand SteamTV to be a twitch competitor? Its existence seems kinda pointless right now.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Had the same issue Hella with Bannerlords and I can't think of that happening before. Ended up buying from greenmangaming but even they charged and immediately refunded twice before finally giving me a key.

The world doesn't want us to play it lol

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Had the same issue Hella with Bannerlords and I can't think of that happening before. Ended up buying from greenmangaming but even they charged and immediately refunded twice before finally giving me a key.

The world doesn't want us to play it lol
I've not been able to use my cards online for 2 weeks now and most general staff and banks are on leave so no one is getting it sorted. It's pretty annoying being able to go to the store and spend 200 bucks but not being able to spend 1 cent online.

7 gifts from Thekeats

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 7 gifts from Thekeats Thekeats!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Thekeats said:
Another month and another time I forgot to pause my Humble Monthly.

So enjoy the next set of giveaways.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: My Friend Pedro - Won by charlieman999 charlieman999 (5 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Planet Coaster - Won by Cloudst69 Cloudst69 (7 entries)
  • Steam Steam: F1 2019 Anniversary Edition - Won by htp314 htp314 (6 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Battle Chasers Nightwar - Won by Ruruja Ruruja (12 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Exapunks - Won by spineduke spineduke (4 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Turok - Won by Dec Dec (7 entries)
  • Steam Steam: 198X - Won by Dangerblade Dangerblade (3 entries)

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The demo of Disjunction is promising. It is Gunpoint x Metal Gear Solid, with a talent tree à la Deux Ex. Not bad for 3 kids.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I was buying stuff everywhere Steam and GOG directly on credit, Fanatical and Humble thru PayPal.

no major issues.

SSPssp

Oct 25, 2017
These might be general network issues from the virus? I had a problem connecting to PayPal on eBay but I was able to the second time I tried.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe we're getting the RE3 remake on Friday. Now I'm just hoping they Re-remake RE1 in the style of the recent entries. I'll happily take a new RE every year.

zeknurn

Oct 25, 2017
Bannerlord looks like Warband with better graphics. I was expecting more given how long it has been, but it's enough for me.

Cloudst69

Banned for abusing Giftbot
Banned
Sep 18, 2019
Seeing all those Alyx videos and reviews makes me sad for not being able to play it, but happy that Valve finally released something meaningful after all those years.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
How are people finding Mount and Blade 2 so far? I like the predecessor, but from what I hear the sequel doesn't do much to justify immediate purchase.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
E.g. the gunpowder mixing system seemed to be a copy of RE2, but the original RE3 had a far more extensive mixing system. So my main concern is puzzle difficulty in general will drop (not that it was amazing in RE2R). Nemesis was as annoying as I was worried he'd be, just not fun gameplay-wise imho.
Yeah I did actually think the gunpowder mixing was a bit of a shame to lose the version from RE3. I really like the Nemesis stuff, though. It all depends, Mr. X was super scary when you first encountered him but then you figured the game out and he was harmless outside of moving that fucking bookshelf.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
Yeah I did actually think the gunpowder mixing was a bit of a shame to lose the version from RE3. I really like the Nemesis stuff, though. It all depends, Mr. X was super scary when you first encountered him but then you figured the game out and he was harmless outside of moving that fucking bookshelf.
Yeah and the bookshelf could easily be setup in advance. I'd have preferred they left out the minor nuisance of Mr. X if they had instead focused on getting one coherent A+B scenario, maybe with some more interaction between Leon and Claire. But overall I really liked RE2R. Nemesis tripping Jill was just annoying at a whole new level though.

Oct 25, 2017
Once a day I am going to play a game that is currently free on itch.io. Who wants to join me?

Today I played https://rayharry.itch.io/area-51-defense

Serviceable top down shooter, killing waves of zombie like attackers, with pretty standard weapon variety but nothing stand out. Apparently it has a level editor, kill streaks, and power ups that the game did not explain. I will probably play it again sometimes when I want a quick 15-20 minute time sink which is what I used it for today.

Here is a list someone curated of free games (or at least were free last in the last 2 weeks). https://itch.io/c/759545/self-isolation-on-a-budget

Status
Not open for further replies.