• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I have just watched a play-through of the first chapter of HLA. That was pretty entertaining, and the spectator mode works perfectly for viewers.

Zero head bobbing or any motion sickness and it is very easy to understand what is going on, even with a flat screen. Good job, Valve.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
We got Half-Life Alyx and look at what it cost us.

The World couldn't survive getting Half-Life 3.

Oct 25, 2017
Far Cry 4 is very similar to FC3, but in the Himalayas. I loved the addition of the mini-copter and used it constantly. The snowy areas are pretty neat too.
Far Cry Primal is a remix of the map from FC4 set in tribal times. There are a number of survival elements that work well and you have a dedicated pet that is quite powerful.
Far Cry 5 returns to the mainline formula and is set in Montana. The Americana is turned up to 11. At this point you may be sick of clearing out bases etc, but it's still a gorgeous area. The planes and helicopters are extremely useful again.
Far Cry New Dawn is a remix of the map from FC5 set after the events. They made it very RPG-ish with enemy health bars and weapon leveling. Sniper rifles (silenced) can still be a 1-shot kill on most enemies so I didn't find the change too annoying. I played this back-to-back with FC5 and I didn't mind the sameness for some reason.

Thanks, I do not mind a more RPG approach too much.

Untogether

Oct 29, 2017
I finished off Metro Exodus last night
bad ending
through Gamepass. It looks pretty amazing at 1440 Ultrawide on a 2080, and gameplay is...fine. At least good enough to make me see it through to the end. It seemed noticably easier than earlier versions, with more then enough resources that I never felt under pressure from that regard. Two word review: Pretty. Average.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up a few games from the sales. Among them, I got Divinity: Original Sin II for half off, since I'm in a CRPG kick right now after getting deep into Planescape Torment. I tried D:OS II for a few hours, and I'm surprised by how fun and easy to get into the game is. It's great so far, and I enjoy Larian's approach to turn based battles. This actually makes me even more excited for Baldur's Gate 3, even though I was already in just by watching their gameplay reveal.

I also picked up Resident Evil 2, as I've played both the demo for this and RE3, and I'm late to the party, but I didn't realize how I missed this kind of approach to RE and zombie/horror. On sale for $20, so it was a good grab. I'll likely do the same thing in a year or so when RE3 hits a similar price in a sale.

Jun 2, 2019
For those who care btw, the GOTY version of Dirt Rally 2.0 launches this friday, it includes all the DLC included in the 4 seasons plus the Colin McRae Flatout pack, meaning, if you bought the Year One DLC, or got the Deluxe version and then the Season 3+4 DLC, you're good to go.

For those like me who have the standard version and want to upgrade, you can buy the Super Deluxe Edition on CDKeys for less than you'll be charged anywhere for the Year One DLC (15.39 € vs 17.99 €) and your game will be automatically upgraded with all the content included in the GOTY version

eac3a3bbafceea9cda60fb1be1bb6b9bf76fb2e2.jpg

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
www.modiphius.net

Dishonored: The Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook

In Dishonored: The Roleplaying Game, players delve into the turbulent Empire of the Isles, to tell stories of occult lore, intrigue and drama. The Dishonored Corebook contains all the rules and background information you need to kickstart your adventure. It features a streamlined version of the...

A Dishonoured RPG eh, very nice.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling like my Xcom2 campaign is a bust, really starting to feel the lack of damage and armor upgrades. Idk what I hate more....armored units or these fucking Lost assholes.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
www.modiphius.net

Dishonored: The Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook

In Dishonored: The Roleplaying Game, players delve into the turbulent Empire of the Isles, to tell stories of occult lore, intrigue and drama. The Dishonored Corebook contains all the rules and background information you need to kickstart your adventure. It features a streamlined version of the...

A Dishonoured RPG eh, very nice.
i read that in borats voice

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man next please

I'm sure everyone will be happy about it too, not meltdowns or anything

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Its funny that out of the entire list of Sony exclusives, the only want I want to play is not even a Sony game. Go figure.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
In my mind the answer is when not if. Whether this hints at anything or not I don't know, but it'll come eventually either way. Unlike HZD, I enjoyed GoW and would definitely double dip on PC and play it again - would be so much better at 60fps.
you can technically play god of war on ps now on pc I think

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
God of War is really good, so I'll be glad to see that come to PC. Love Christopher Judge's performance in it.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God of War is also a game I played partway through on shitty PSNow like Horizion after assuming that would be the only way I could play either, and thus, you may all thank me for being the reason they are ported.

Guess I should have at least launched Uncharted Lost Legacy during the month I had it for Horizon, but alas, our luck runs out.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna give disco elysium another shot now that I have an abundance of free time, it's between that and control really but disco is kinda pulling ahead

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
God of War is also a game I played partway through on shitty PSNow like Horizion after assuming that would be the only way I could play either, and thus, you may all thank me for being the reason they are ported.

Guess I should have at least launched Uncharted Lost Legacy during the month I had it for Horizon, but alas, our luck runs out.

Damn it I just checked and Uncharted Lost Legacy still has the 'Only on PlayStation' label. I'd love to see that come over.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018

Could you try launching Bloodborne and Gran Turismo?

Thanks.

rainking187

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Borderlands 3 today. Overall decent game. I didn't really like it much at first, but after I got some cool guns and went to different places it started to click with me, and it was a lot of fun for thirty hours or so. But then it goes on and on and on and on. Probably could have cut ten hours out of the second half of the game and it wouldn't have been missed.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
i just want to experience knack on my PC , but i get it . Knack is kinda at the forefront when it comes to Sony branding , i get it. I dont deserve it

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
All their PC-versions since Dark Souls have been pretty solid though.

Not that it really matters because I doubt FROM would be the ones making the port.

Even if Bloodborne did come as a lousy port, the community effort to fix it would make the one for Dark Souls look modest.

Status
Not open for further replies.