• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duebrithil

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Forsen play, and it actually doesn't look half bad. These types of games tend to look like they use some template UI that the game engine came with, and everything's incredibly janky. But this actually looks pretty damn polished.

Recent reviews on the game's store page also mention the high level of polish. Think I'll give it a couple more days so any problems the game may have can come into light and if there's nothing too serious I'll take the plunge.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
They already got some of the groundwork. I downloaded their android store/app thingie for battle breakers. And it of course has fortnite. So I guess why not?
The problem of an Android Store is not the Android Store itself but rather it being used for products. Android is pirate central and any increase of friction to get the game will just make it less likely to be installed / bought. Forcing the user to install an .apk store (outside of the PlayStore) when they could as easily just download the game, is not an easy thing. Amazon tried for a long time and had to give up.

Heck, there is a reason Epic tried to get into the Play Store lately...

Mind you, the only way it could work is if it works with OEMs and has it preinstalled, but even then other stores such as the Samsung Store aint making that much money (and the question would be why would OEMs ionstall another store that is not theirs).

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
They already got some of the groundwork. I downloaded their android store/app thingie for battle breakers. And it of course has fortnite. So I guess why not?

Do you know who tried to enter Android market way before Epic and offered tons of free apps and games to make store work? One small company called Amazon. And they had developers on their side, they spent a lot of money trying to make Amazon App Store a thing.

Wait, what?

Isn't that the point of a wishlist?

They had to implement wishlist ASAP because developers had 0 info how their games are doing on the store before launch. Again Epic Store is developer first.

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, I missed out on HITMAN.

EDIT: Got one by a very generous person in this thread! :)

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Shit, I missed out on HITMAN.

EDIT: Got one by a very generous person in this thread! :)
Oh nice. If anyone else has a spare I'd love to give it a shot

Edit: and a very generous person just sent me a code too. I was sure I had missed it when I couldn't get the site to load.

Last edited:

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Is there any way to make a PS4 controller have Xinput support in Windows without being seen as an Xbox controller?

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Curious too. AFAIK it's up to the game? Some have the option to tell them it's a PS4 controller. I assume you're using DS4Windows already.

Using Steam atm. I do have DS4Win as a backup, but that makes Windows see it as an Xbox controller. I'd preferably want to be able to open up a Steam game and be able to use the touchpad and gyro, but Switch to a gamepad action set to play non-steam games easily, without having to open and close DS4Win all the time.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Using Steam atm. I do have DS4Win as a backup, but that makes Windows see it as an Xbox controller. I'd preferably want to be able to open up a Steam game and be able to use the touchpad and gyro, but Switch to a gamepad action set to play non-steam games easily, without having to open and close DS4Win all the time.
Cant you... just use Steam Input?
You can always add non Steam games to Steam and use it.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
Cant you... just use Steam Input?
You can always add non Steam games to Steam and use it.

I was hoping to try using Playnite some more since it just has all your games (installed or not) in one place with a controller interface, but without losing out on touchpad or gyro whenever I launch a Steam game. I guess I could go manually add everything to Steam after I install it. I just want everything to simply work with minimum effort.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Free:
store.steampowered.com

100% Orange Juice on Steam

100% Orange Juice is a digital multiplayer board game populated by developer Orange Juice's all-star cast. Characters from Flying Red Barrel, QP Shooting, Suguri and Sora come together with all-new characters to duke it out... with dice.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Why are Japanese publishers so stupid when it comes to PC? I mean, there must be someone with a little knowledge about this stuff on their teams, no?
*a not so subtle hint at many Atlus games not making it over*

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Do you know if the PHYSICAL PC version of Death Stranding comes with a Steam or an Epic key? It's not clear on the official site since they state both platforms.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
HL2: Update still holding up pretty good, maybe only Combine AI is pretty underwhelming after black ops from original HL games..

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Just want to add my shock at this decision. I was keen to buy this at the start of the year too. Now they can jog on.
Imagine their shock when it sells even less on EGS

Sometimes you have to laugh a little at how poorly devs / pubs understand the reasons for a product failing. There's generally also a lack of respect for other devs / pubs in these discussions, and that you are competing for customers time, against competing games that a almost always of really damn good quality. It's just not enough to plop your game out on a platform and expect it to do the work. It has to surface it to the right people, but that's about it. A joke spin-off isn't exactly people's go to game.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
That's not the way any of this works.

Epic gave them money.

Maybe they were more receptive because their last game bombed on PC, but regardless, this is all just after-the-fact justification. They made a business deal because they thought it would be more profitable.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
That's not the way any of this works.

Epic gave them money.

Maybe they were more receptive because their last game bombed on PC, but regardless, this is all just after-the-fact justification. They made a business deal because they thought it would be more profitable.

I agree there's a decent chance the reason given is more after-the-fact posturing, almost no company likes to admit their product failed because it was just subpar.

Imagine their shock when it sells even less on EGS

SNK Heroines did sell poorly on Steam, but that's because it was a late port of a game that wasn't received well, the OK sales on console were almost certainly just it being carried on the SNK name / thirsty otaku.

I assume the logic theý're going with is you might as well take the Epic money up front and run, but it's still a bad idea because you're just stripmining goodwill for future releases while you could be building a community on PC like most other fighters are doing nowadays.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
j2j0UAe.jpg

Gears 5 certainly is a game. These tanks remind me a lot of the Leman Russ tanks from Warhammer 40k, which I appreciate. I like the cast too, Kait especially (shocker.)

Status
Not open for further replies.