• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I'm not sure why you wouldn't, I bought a N3DS and a Vita recently, and I still keep playing mostly on PC.

Lack of time. I have, like, 5-6 gaming hours a week, so I can't really play multiple games at the same time. I choose a game or two, and one of them will surely be Xenoblade 2.

That said, the Steam sale is coming and I'll definitely grab Trails in the Sky SC, so it will probably be my second game.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Just follow the Final Fantasy XII school of capitalization.
66.jpg

It's somewhat like German, where all nouns are capitalized. Except it also extends to all personal pronouns.
I think Black Flag had funtimes with capitalization too, which was apparently a real thing at the time.

FF12 is localization is the GOAT.

suikoder

Oct 25, 2017
seriously, it has to be a way for steam to remember again that I'm not 0 years old. I thought it will be fixed eventually, but it has been so long and nothing.
I wouldn't think it as annoying, but these days more games require to pick that birth date than not.

edited: you can move away from firefox, we've all been there but you'll come back to it, because let's face it, there is still nothing better.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
seriously, it has to be a way for steam to remember again that I'm not 0 years old. I thought it will be fixed eventually, but it has been so long and nothing.
I wouldn't think it as annoying, but these days more games require to pick that birth date than not.

edited: you can move away from firefox, we've all been there but you'll come back to it, because let's face it, there is still nothing better.
Gaben just knows you're underage, Arthea.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
I was always under the impression that Steam Summer Sale is when you get the best sales right?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
"However" likes to pretend it's a conjunction, but it's not.

Oh, I know, but its function as a conjunctive adverb has its place when I'm looking over a longer post and feel I've overused certain conjunctions of contrast.

Yeah, I'll stick to Firefox.

I also prefer Firefox, but I eventually had to do away with it on my laptop as it was just too much of a resource hog. I actually don't mind Vivaldi now that the address bar no longer treats space as a character and YouTube pages are once again properly titled in the History pane.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well shit. Didn't know that SEGA All-Stars Racing only had MP on consoles, not PC. So I guess the best and only thing equal/better than SEGA All-Stars is MK8D? I mean, I own MK8D and it's a lot of fun, but more options for games like that and even better, on PC, would be nice.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
Well shit. Didn't know that SEGA All-Stars Racing only had MP on consoles, not PC. So I guess the best and only thing equal/better than SEGA All-Stars is MK8D? I mean, I own MK8D and it's a lot of fun, but more options for games like that and even better, on PC, would be nice.

SEGA All star racing is shitty.
SEGA All Star Racing Transformed is the one you want. And it has online play.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Business Update (from Nordic Games 2018)

A lot of info here in terms of raw user numbers and revenue - especially in regards to how much language-localisation and ensuring a game is available in the local currency (if there is one) contribute to income. Numbers here which, I think, lend credence to my theory that Acti aren't taking CoD to Battle.net to sell more (or even net more revenue from CoD itself), but to get more users into the Bnet ecosystem and up-sell other Bnet exclusive games. The numbers also make Galyonkin's claim that Ubi and Take 2 would leave Steam even more laughable, I think.

There's also talk about the Curator section, personalising the experience of Steam more for non-English speakers:

8 of the 10 highest traffic curators use languages other than English

There's also a sales-pitch for the Steam Input API - 17.5m registered controllers (with 1% of them being Switch Controllers already).

Coming soon:

Steam Events as a central landing page for games which have a lot of seasonal events or activities
Steam Dev Pages (now in Beta) - customizable home page for devs and pubs. Organise your games and share info about your studio. Followers notified when you release your next game

Steam Dev Pages sound neat - a good way to carry customers across different games from the same dev/pub.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Just clicking through the Vivaldi settings menu shows why I prefer it. Getting other browsers to work how I have Vivaldi set up is not easy.

As I said before LastPass sucks on Firefox, and the library window you need to use for bookmarks and history is also poor, and ignores tab settings like middle click to open in background.

It's possible to get Firefox close enough that I don't mind using it, but it's still just worse for me.

Bonus points because I can edit some Vivaldi files and add/remove/change any buttons through the style css. Having a blank ass browser with no back, forward, refresh and home buttons is pretty pleasant.

Also that new tab screen is really somethin'. Have to disable all that useless shit and then it still only lets you put a small amount of sites there, with the rest just blank white space.

A lot of stuff is fixable with extensions but that just adds even more to its resource usage and they're still janky versions of the feature I want.

Anyways, not really interested in directly debating browser usage with anyone. I just post my opinion and why I use what I use and ghost. I'm sure we all use browsers extensively and we all use what we use because it works for us.

Tonton

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Dev page sounds great but I wonder how it'd work for devs that have their games under multiple publishers and sometimes don't even have the same name when searching the store

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Steam Dev page sounds great but I wonder how it'd work for devs that have their games under multiple publishers and sometimes don't even have the same name when searching the store

Different names might be an issue, but I don't think multiple publishers will be - it doesn't strike me as problematic unless there's a bad working relationship between a dev and a pub. There's a pic of it here: https://youtu.be/g2rT0Ji3BWI?t=30m16s

New Beta Client update. Whoever wrote the notes just wanted to go home already:

31 May - Steam Client Beta Update - May 30th
The Steam Beta Client has been updated with the following changes:

Steam Input
  • Added a new Steam Controller Bluetooth firmware image. A second Bluetooth pairing slot and been added and the startup gestures for switching slots in both Bluetooth and Wireless Receiver modes have been simplified. To swap which device you want to connect to use Steam+Back in Wireless Receiver Mode and Steam+Start in Bluetooth mode. To obtain the FW update you'll need to plug into usb and follow the same process as with the previous release.

Great, so people have to remember how they did it previously, or search back. So helpful.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been neglecting my card idling duties lately, 73 games with drops remaining. Gotta get that card money.

Yeah. I just started idling yesterday with 120 yesterday and had 500 cards in inventory this weekend and decided to sell them all instead of trying to get badges. I'm up to $36.66 and still have a huge amount of cards still up for sale. I'm trying to soften the blow of all the games that I'm planning on buying in June.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I was always under the impression that Steam Summer Sale is when you get the best sales right?
Summer and Winter. They're the most widespread, but not always the lowest. You should install Enhanced Steam to track games' lowest discount on Steam automatically from their store pages. If your whistlist is on its lowest before the big sale, you should just get it right there. There's a big chance that it won't be that low on the big sale. Speaking from my experience.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Really bummed about Agony, biggest downgrade since Colonial Marines and similar in that the game launched without any real footage having been shown and the now known to be faked trailers looking 5 times better.

Deleted member 13560

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man... I feel like all the console guys already have Vegito and Zamasu. Sometimes it blows being only on PC... especially when you're trying to get YouTube videos made :(

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad about Agony, perhaps Lust for Darkness will end up being the better sex pervert horror game.

Doomedfool

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I played the first one and it's a pretty cool idea but the execution was terrible and the gameplay abysmal.
The question becomes: how much can a dev fix in the sequel.

I just checked and I have had the first one sitting in my wishlist for 3 years now. Not sure how/why, but I guess at this point I should just wait to see how the sequel turns out.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I think that i will go with D-Link DIR842 router. I tried to find affordable Archer C7 here but lowest price i found was 150$ and i am not willing to spend that much money on router right now. I need router mostly for media streaming and internet around house because my PC and consoles are connected with ethernet cable to current router (and they will be to new one). I could order Archer C7 from B&H for 100$ with shipping costs included but then warranty is an issue.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little late but is there any plugin that can change it s whenever I type AlL dA w0rDz I tYpE cUm OuT LyKe DiS? I wanna get my 2004 AIM away message on

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Dauntless is exactly what I expected it to be when I heard a western dev wanted to make their own Monster Hunter game....take that however you will.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.