• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So heads up to anyone that preordered rage 2 on cd keys I just sent this request in

And got this response

I got a refund but you may want to contact them if you've preordered this through them
Yeah, total non-surprise. I've got no idea why CD Keys ever thought they were going to get Steam keys.

Of course, I'm fully expecting the Steam version launching the Bethesda launcher anyway, making the discussion kinda academic, soo... :toucan:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Huh
Risk of Rain 2 has been among the Steam Top Sellers for over a month now
4sQJi5N.png

Forager released around Mid April, and even after 2 weeks it's been among the top sellers as well

It'd be nice to have some figures on # of copies each has sold so far.

BTW I dunno why that first game is listed twice, maybe because there are 2 regional versions of it?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I spent whole day installing new retractable attic ladders, by the time i was done half of my body was in pain XD So i still have to finish final boss in Sekiro, or continue playing AC2. I am really out of shape XD

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
New topic. So let's mention what I'm currently occupied with:
- Sea of Thieves
- Anno 1800
- Imperator: Rome

Next game will be WarGroove. Rest of the year seems quite quiet, only Warcraft 3 Reforged and Ori and the Will of the Wisps are must-have's for me.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Good for you, now can you PLEASE bundle all those DLCs so I can get them for cheap during Steam sale? I ain't nickle and diming shit...

You will be able to buy all of them on Epic Store XD

MS did right thing when they bought Minecraft by continue to support game on every platform even adding more. Epic probably won't do that and game will be removed from Steam by the end of this year, with no future content released on Steam.

Well there it is

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly wasn't a fan of rocket league so meh

So far epic have moneyhatted nothing I care about

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I just wonder if thy will offer future content on Steam. If they remove game from Steam and don't offer any more content to Steam owners, oh boy.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Me: Oh well as long as they dont remove it from Steam and allow crossplay between Steam and EGS it is not a bigge
Epic: Removed from Steam when it launches late 2019
Me: OK

Edit: will they keep updating the game in Steam? Cause otherwise that is an even bigger dick move.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Me: Oh well as long as they dont remove it from Steam and allow crossplay between Steam and EGS it is not a bigge
Epic: Removed from Steam when it launches late 2019
Me: OK

Edit: will they keep updating the game in Steam? Cause otherwise that is an even bigger dick move.
Epic dick move I think

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Good on Psyonix. It's disappointing that their game will be removed from Steam, but they've been purchased so it's whatever. I get it.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
You will be able to buy all of them on Epic Store XD

MS did right thing when they bought Minecraft by continue to support game on every platform even adding more. Epic probably won't do that and game will be removed from Steam by the end of this year, with no future content released on Steam.

Well there it is

That cant be true can it? Then again this is egs.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Probably try and buy Warframe next

Nobody can say this is competition. Especially when they're removing the game from Steam. Can't compete with yourself.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to snap up whatever DLC I still want for Rocket League.

That is, assuming the DLC does go on sale again.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Wait can you actually buy DLCs if main games is not available for purchase on Steam?

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
What happened to that google drive document about the EGS?

Why did it get banned for a Terms of Service violation?

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France

Interesting. It is not the usual exclusivity deal. It seems that the dev studio is joining Epic. So, what do we have now? Valve bought Campo Santo studio, Richard Garfield (who left shortly after the release of Artifact), and devs of Kerbal Space Program (who seem to have left Valve last year somehow). Epic bought Rocket League studio. Disallowing cross-store play would be crappy. I wonder whether Epic is going to snatch the KSP devs, or some other studios as well. Maybe they only care about e-sport.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I believe so and it is for a few scarce games.

I can't find any of them XD Where is JaseC when you need him :(

Interesting. It is not the usual exclusivity deal. It seems that the dev studio is joining Epic. So, what do we have now? Valve bought Campo Santo studio, Richard Garfield (who left shortly after the release of Artifact), and devs of Kerbal Space Program (who seem to have left Valve last year somehow). Epic bought Rocket League studio. Disallowing cross-store play would be crappy. I wonder whether Epic is going to snatch the KSP devs, or some other studios as well. Maybe they only care about e-sport.

I just wonder if it is possible to sell DLCs on Steam ig main game is not available for purchase.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
I don't play RL anymore but man this EGS news is doing a lot to sap my enthusiasm for PC gaming if this is what the future looks like

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
dick move by Epic, but by elevating themselves to a publisher, they are now officially to be treated like EA, ActiBlizz and everyone else trying to make money for themselves.

Being a publisher essentially precludes you from pushing the "we're here to save gaming" narrative.

So in a way, this is a PR win for us Epic detractors, since Epic officially shed their plucky underdog status.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017

Wasn't Kerbal devs bought by 2K?

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
This is also another good example of Epic being assholes just because they can. Buying a studio is a better use of their cash than BS timed exclusives. But, then they had to be dicks and remove the game ( that has been out for years and has a well established / large community ) from Steam. Just earn some goodwill and keep Rocket League going how it is. Then when the next game is exclusive to EGS nobody would complain. MS gave them the blueprint for this with Minecraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.