• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Steam:

https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/home

Discord:

https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/intro

Humble Bundle:

https://support.humblebundle.com/hc/en-us/sections/200515154-Developer-FAQ

Itch:

https://itch.io/docs/general/about

Gog documentation is private

Epic documentation is private and possibly non existing. Developers do not have access to do anything anyways.
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for!

Although they are somewhat sparser than the steam works stuff.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Thea 2 has been released.

Contributing to the "Direct Navigation" stats.

Oh, nice.

I've dabbled with it in Early Access, and it's the same solid foundation as Thea 1, only with some cool new stuff, like multiple villages. It should be a lot more replayable than the first, too, thanks to extensive customisation of your start/bonuses via unlockables.

Edit: Actually, "the same" is underselling it. The core mechanics--the exploration, resource gathering, crafting, RPG elements, and card battles--are all far deeper than in the first game. I imagine the choose-your-own-adventure style events re too, but I never saw too many of them in EA.

Last edited:

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Epic documentation is private and possibly non existing. Developers do not have access to do anything anyways.

Who needs it anyway? they get charity money to dump their game on EGS. how much the game sells on EGS is irrelevant. Maybe it gets added in a year.

A little sarcastic, but that's really what it boils down to.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Who needs it anyway? they get charity money to dump their game on EGS. how much the game sells on EGS is irrelevant. Maybe it gets added in a year.

A little sarcastic, but that's really what it boils down to.

They'll surely have to have something in 2020 when they open to public. (Maybe they don't make docs public though, I hope they do though)

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

Take-Two Interactive today released its fourth quarter and full year results, showing significant year-over-year top-line growth for both time frames and a stronger bottom line for the full year.

For the full year, revenue was up 49% to $2.67 billion, with net income rising 92% to $333.84 million. Total net bookings were up 47% to a new Take-Two record of $2.93 billion. For the fourth quarter alone, revenue jumped 20% to $539.01 million, while net profits dipped 37% to $56.83 million.

For the new fiscal year, Take-Two is projecting net revenue between $2.7 billion and $2.8 billion, with earnings before income taxes of $447 million to $481 million.

I don't think that Borderlands 3 can bring that much money alone. Could this be sign that RDR2 PC release is imminent?

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
How the fuck are there over 1100 concurrent players on Rage 2 atm? It unlocks in 3 hours!

I really fucking hate this trend of giving annoying pos youtubers and twitch streamers every game for free and days before release. This wants to make me refund the game immediately

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Those are FY projections.

I know and Take 2 has only Borderlands 3 and NBA from bigger releases in next fiscal year.

How the fuck are there over 1100 concurrent players on Rage 2 atm? It unlocks in 3 hours!

I really fucking hate this trend of giving annoying pos youtubers and twitch streamers every game for free and days before release. This wants to make me refund the game immediately

Game is unlocked in Australia and New Zealand.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

Magic of timezones, Australia got it 7 hours ago. (You can use Australian VPN to unlock)

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

VPN mate. They ain't giving this shit to 3k influencers that are all playing at the same time.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I tried Rage 2 via VPN for two hours and got a refund, it didn't make a case for £40. I'll try again at £20 or lower.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
So now that there is very, very slim chance that there will be other stores on iPhone and consoles suddenly there is not "it's just another launcher" ist is end of the world and competition is not good.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but does anybody here have experience using something like SoftEther VPN Client? In the past, I've used it to download and play certain games early.

Recently I've been having problems with my network's upload speeds and ping.

I just found out that by default, SoftEther VPN Client as a service is set to automatically run on my computer's startup. I set it to manual and shut it down in task manager, and magically my internet is fixed. Anybody know what the fuck it's been doing in the background this whole time?

0YkEess.png

I understand it's necessary to have the service running in order for SoftEther to even work, and I'll have to manually start it up from now on. But why's it randomly using up a shit ton of bandwidth in the background?

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I am looking to buy a new bookcase to store my game case, figures, books and CEs.

The current book cases that I have is 19(1/2)" X 49" x 5(3/4)" I got it for $10 USD in a garage sale back in 2017. Its a decent size but it's just not big enough to fit all of my figures.

Two options that I have come across, is this book case that is 27(7/8)" X 68.(3/4) X 11(3/8)" and it cost ~$80 USD

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0056FO7C6

and this other one that is 36" X 72" X 12" and it cost about ~$160USD

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0048DKVUY

So one is a lot wider and basically cost twice as much (so for $80USD more I get an extra 8" of space).

I have no idea when I will buy another case but I only really have space for one, so I could buy 2 of the $80USD case but I just would not have enough space for a second one.

Are there some other places that I should look for a book case other than Amazon? I have tried to look at some thrift stores in the past but they just don't have the size shelf that I need

Phrost

Dec 8, 2018
Not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but does anybody here have experience using something like SoftEther VPN Client? In the past, I've used it to download and play certain games early.

Recently I've been having problems with my network's upload speeds and ping.

I just found out that by default, SoftEther VPN Client as a service is set to automatically run on my computer's startup. I set it to manual and shut it down in task manager, and magically my internet is fixed. Anybody know what the fuck it's been doing in the background this whole time?

0YkEess.png

I understand it's necessary to have the service running in order for SoftEther to even work, and I'll have to manually start it up from now on. But why's it randomly using up a shit ton of bandwidth in the background?
Actually I use SoftEther all the time, but I only install it when I need it. I don't like having stuff installed that I don't use all the time, just personal preference.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Anyone here still play MMOs? I've been meaning to get back into one, and while I have WoW subbed for another few months, I'm just not feeling it.

I played A Realm Reborn for around 15 levels and was tired of it really quickly, but I've heard so many good things about it that I think I should give it another shot.

What are you guys playing?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Anyone here still play MMOs? I've been meaning to get back into one, and while I have WoW subbed for another few months, I'm just not feeling it.

I played A Realm Reborn for around 15 levels and was tired of it really quickly, but I've heard so many good things about it that I think I should give it another shot.

Funnily enough, there was a thread about this recently.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mmorpg-era-what-are-you-playing-and-why.116726/

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

FFXIV kinda made me see what people like in MMOs. It has good matchmaking tools for LFG, an interesting solo storyline, and a beautiful world to explore. It's the MMO... for me, at least. Unfortunately I hurt my shoulder last month (tendonitis/bursitis) so I haven't really been able to play it at all rn.

I'd recommend giving it another try if you're still into trinity-based MMOs. I can't recommend it highly enough.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

What happened with all that "we don't believe in sales" thing?

Also Epic Store is apparently now available in China with AliPay and WeChat support.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
That... strikes me as pubs/devs being concerned about lack of sales past launch week/month, and pressuring Epic into doing something.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
I assumed they'd try a Humble Bundle first with insane value as a Hail Mary to get a lot of people on to the store. A sale with free store credit is probably a more incremental attempt to get people to actually buy things. At the very least, it's satisfying seeing Epic go back on their word so quickly with regards to sales. A bit of a tacit remark that some of their store strategies don't excite buyers as well as they had hoped.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
So, EGS supports 2FA now? And you get a $10 discount for using it? They might get me to try their payment processor with Hades for 10€...

Edit: I mean, 10€ after applying the discount.

Last edited:

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
So Epic is in China now and is having sales?

I'll give them that's at least a positive step for the store not being completely worthless

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
So, EGS supports 2FA now? And you get a $10 discount for using it? They might get me to try their payment processor with Hades for 10€...
i could be convinced of the same thing most likely lol.
I was debating about giving Dauntless a try once it releases later this month anyways.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only concern with druidstone is that it'll be hard to retain that sense of exploration and secret finding with a mission based format. But I'm sure they'll compensate for that in other clever ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.