• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormEagle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
It adds terraforming with the expansion that has just released, which according to many is a big game changer.
I didn't realize the big DLC just released. The full package of game + deluxe contents + season pass is only slightly more expensive than that DLC alone. Very tempting. I guess I will have to install and try the base game this Weekend to try and ease my conscience before buying it.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

Naarmight

Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded steam link just to play slay the spire on my phone. Totally worth it (I will still buy the game when they release it on ios though)

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
[A game] which everyone probably has in their library from some random bundle and forgot like we forget every bundle game?

Played a fair bit of it, it's actually very decent. Good art, challenging, actually rewards exploration because you get skill currency from it or items to sell and both currencies are super valuable, decent skills with a lot of environment interaction (lot's of pushing skills, you can push enemies off cliffs, into the environment for damage, push barrels into enemies etc).

This game has not been bundled though. And its current price matches its lowest historical price.

Embark on a brutal re-imagining of the King Arthur mythos as Uther, a vengeful knight aided by Merlin, an eldritch sorcerer, in this challenging tactical RPG.

Winner of Best Game at the Lisboa Games Week, Best Storytelling at SB Games Festival and finalist at SXSW, BIG, Quo Vadis, Indie Prize and several other competitions.

Hi, Jean! Arthur Protasio here - co-creative director and lead writer of Sword Legacy: Omen. I'll answer your questions from a developer's perspective, but I also suggest you take a look at the game's reviews to help you come to a conclusion :)

Sword Legacy is nowhere as punitive as hardcore tactics games. The challenge here is understanding the skills of your heroes and finding the right positioning. There are multiple ways to win encounters against enemies, but you need to pay attention to your positioning on the battlefield. General tip: Back attacks are guaranteed hits, so keep this in mind.

If a hero dies, this is not the end. There is no permadeath in the game nor is this a rogue-lite experience. Characters defeated in battle become gravely wounded and you must put them to rest in order to relieve them of there health penalties (but you can still use them in combat again if you'd like).

The game is a story-driven experience focused on Uther's quest for revenge. Think Disney + Game of Thrones + Excalibur. This is our twist on a prequel to the myth of King Arthur - what happens before Arthur is born? What's Merlin's role in all of this? Do you know the secret behind the sword in the stone? All of these questions are answered throughout the campaign - which takes an average of 12h from start to finish.

Therefore, I won't spoil the ending, but I can tell you it does resolve its main plot. Regardless of there being a sequel in the future, the story has a beginning middle and end.

Last edited:

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed the Let's Play well enough though that might be because I was watching a similar television series called Humans on AMC.
I personally found a Let's play I watched to be kind of insulting. Being black, I couldn't avoid thinking about the Civil rights movement, and what's in the game feels like a very clean version of what fighting for civil rights looks like.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
ZN4AtgH.png

koyF7w5.png

lmao

I would like to thank Tim for the price mistakes. It feels like the old times.

Last edited:

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I personally found a Let's play I watched to be kind of insulting. Being black, I couldn't avoid thinking about the Civil rights movement, and what's in the game feels like a very clean version of what fighting for civil rights looks like.
I mean they openly quote from it so yeah. But also from Ghandi, WW2 and the French revolution, basically all iconic big movements throughout history have something in there. Civil rights movement is obviously the closest for Americans and the fact it is set in Detroit. As an European and having studied Ghandi a bit I immediately saw quite a few references to that too and it was later confirmed in an AMA. I didn't really find it insulting to history at all, more of a statement that history has repeated itself and will likely continue doing so. But to each their own of course, very subjective thing.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how the Ace Attorney Trilogy is selling. We need Apollo Justice (it's underrated dammit) and the 3DS games.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So the Hades situation, its quite hilarious. The devs decided to raise the base price from 20€ to 25€ (it is in EA and improving a bit no problem on that), during a sale (that is the problem for me):

unknown.png

Now, originally in the sale, the game was for sale at 14.90€, which made it so that it barely got out of the 15€ range (while still being above in America). People contacted Galyonkin for that:

And a bit later the price of the game raised a bit in Europe making it so that it got up to 15€ and allowed the 10€discount. However, a bit later Supergiant raised the price to 25€ and made it so that the discount got to 14.90€the original sales price in Europe.

Did Galy change the price for Supergiant without telling them or what?

Edit: I keept this post in order not to delete any info. But it seems SuperGiant knew about the discount from several tweets and decided to raise the price after fixing them without warning. That is despite saying that same day they would maybe raise the price during EA but would warn with time.

Last edited:

zoku88

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they openly quote from it so yeah. But also from Ghandi, WW2 and the French revolution, basically all iconic big movements throughout history have something in there. Civil rights movement is obviously the closest for Americans and the fact it is set in Detroit. As an European and having studied Ghandi a bit I immediately saw quite a few references to that too and it was later confirmed in an AMA. I didn't really find it insulting to history at all, more of a statement that history has repeated itself and will likely continue doing so. But to each their own of course, very subjective thing.
Ah, to be clear, what I found insulting wasn't the fact they made a civil rights analog. It was more like how they decided to portray civil rights fights in general.

Kind of like if you basically only thought of the American Civil rights movement as only the mlk stuff without anything else like the black panthers.

Felt like a very superficial understanding.(which is basically how it's taught in schools here, but there are obvious reasons why schools teach it that way)

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine being in a store where you have to leave the store itself to not participate in a discount.
What a world we live in

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Well they still have to do most of the work manually to get games on the store, so I'm not remotely surprised about Bloodlines 2. Add it to the roadmap.

Oct 25, 2017
...I just caught up in the Paradox/Supergiant stuff.

I want to say two things:
Epic, how
Wasn't this store supposed to be pro-devs? They just made a bunch of people jump at two dev teams.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
...I just caught up in the Paradox/Supergiant stuff.

I want to say two things:
Epic, how
Wasn't this store supposed to be pro-devs? They just made a bunch of people jump at two dev teams.
In Supergiants case they brought this shit on themselves given what we've seen from Twitter. Can't really blame Epic for their decision. If anything their actually taking advantage of epic lol.

Oct 25, 2017
In Supergiants case they brought this shit on themselves given what we've seen from Twitter. Can't really blame Epic for their decision. If anything their actually taking advantage of epic lol.
I mean, honestly, it's on both of them. Your store should not allow that to happen in the first place.

If anything, it's good that Supergiant showed this happening early in the store life lol

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Who could've known that running a worldwide digital distribution service would involve more than just raining money on almost* everyone?

*except consumers in North America, AUS/NZ, and Europe, apparently*

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019

Had to restart Volga twice because of bugs. Replayed The Bunker to pick up all collectibles.

Replayed Kaspian froma bout half-way point cuz I missed a collectible in the lighthouse

Replayed Taiga MANY times, trying to get the bloody ghost achievement. (eventually gave up on it) Then replayed it properly to hoover up the collectibles.

etc.

Steam sez I played it for 86 hours.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
I liked Exodus but they didn't do nearly enough with the whole roving train across Russia scenario. It has two more enemy types than previous Metros across a 30-35 hour campaign and one of those(stalker style anomaly) shows up in one area and is so easily avoided you can barely call it an obstacle.

I really thought we'd get to see different mutations but....no

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I liked Exodus but they didn't do nearly enough with the whole roving train across Russia scenario. It has two more enemy types than previous Metros across a 30-35 hour campaign and one of those(stalker style anomaly) shows up in one area and is so easily avoided you can barely call it an obstacle.

I really thought we'd get to see different mutations but....no

Mutants, Wolves, Anomalies. Tentacle things in Novosibirsk

But yeah, enemy variety wasn't huge.

Oct 27, 2017
EGS sale is turning out to be fun.

Bet some super wonderful giant devs are missing all the hand holding that steam used to offer :-p. I was reading some of the guidelines around offering sales and discounts on steam and they are erm extensive to say the least. But hey you get what you pay for, you can pay 30% and have your game featured on a fully functional and operational digital store or you can use Tim "delboy" Sweeneys phoned in effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.