• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I'm trying to download Sea of Thieves from Game Pass with no luck.
I select Install, nothing happens. I select Install on my devices and only the XBox One option is present here. The Microsoft store isn't downloading the game.
EDIT: Nevermind, the version listed in my library was the Anniversary Edition but you need to download the vanilla one which isn't listed here.

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all aint got shit on artifact.
The game is 100% legit and a completely unique take on card games, it's got more creative gamedesign boasting for it than any shitty open world craft and loot arpg just stretching the same formular.

Valve gonna reboot the game hard and then you all be begging for forgiveness
Tell me when was the last time Valve significantly improved a game with an update.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I don't know what he'd be mad at epic about, it's not like he couldn't have stopped it. It's your fault too lol

Actually, I believe Deep Silver might have autonomy in their publishing decisions. At least we haven't seen any exclusives from THQN Austria yet- they've all been either Deep Silver (Metro, Iron Harvest) or Coffee Stain.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
Reading that the "absolute majority" of Metro's revenue comes from consoles is just sad. Nothing against the tv boxes, but this was a pretty big franchise on PC. What happened? Oh right...EGS exclusive at the last minute. Hahaha. It turns out that people do care about this stuff.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
I'm trying to download Sea of Thieves from Game Pass with no luck.
I select Install, nothing happens. I select Install on my devices and only the XBox One option is present here. The Microsoft store isn't downloading the game.
EDIT: Nevermind, the version listed in my library was the Anniversary Edition but you need to download the vanilla one which isn't listed here.

Oh, it's the standard edition on Game Pass? I actually expected them to merge those two. Sorry.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I still don't understand their goofy ass publishing structure. There's like three pubs in one company or something.

Basically. There's the THQ Nordic- Austria who's in charge of the gazillion studios and IPs they've bought in the past 5 years. They are owned by the way parent based in Sweden
Then the parent company (THQN Sweden) recently they acquired Coffee Stain studios (who was themselves a small publisher), and merged with Koch Media- the owner of the publisher Deep Silver and major European distributor for games by other publishers (like Sega, Capcom, etc). Koch media is now a subsidiary of THQN Sweden, but it continues to run Deep Silver independently

And it sounds like this new Pirahna Bytes acquisition will function on the same level as Coffee Stain- that is, they'll report directly to THQN Sweden not THQN Austria.

For the record, the PR guy responsible for the 8chan clusterfuck is from THQN Austria, iirc.

Last edited:

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
First Riddler bat mobile challenge and I'm struggling with it. Urghhh...this is not fun.
giphy.gif

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
^Haha.

Devs need a better plan for announcing they are going exclusive. A lot of them seem to think that the backlash is gonna be no big deal. They have to realize that the EGS is incredibly unpopular and I don't think there is much that Epic can do to change that. The ship has sailed at this point.

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I think I might try to watch the PC gaming show now just for the standing ovation every time a Steam logo is shown.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all aint got shit on artifact.
The game is 100% legit and a completely unique take on card games, it's got more creative gamedesign boasting for it than any shitty open world craft and loot arpg just stretching the same formular.

Valve gonna reboot the game hard and then you all be begging for forgiveness
We'll review bomb the reboot using intelligent review bombing algorithm that bypasses volvo filters. Checkmate.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Smoke and Sacrifice is an underrated game too, basically a more structured and linear take on a Don't Starve style game (story focused, no RNG or procedural content IIRC).

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I don't even own games in more than a couple of platforms (GOG and Steam), but that design is my jam. If Steam Input works fine with it I'm game.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Galaxy 2.0 looks fantastic.

Now, I see mention of cross platform chat. i'm going to use this a chance to bring up that I really hope it has a Linux version. I can't see platforms listed anywhere

stan423321

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I don't expect GOG Galaxy to work on Linux any time soon, especially now that they are clearly trying to get a metalauncher working. Cross-platform chat in particular is either an empty promise (well, it's doable with Steam because Valve is nice and all, but all the other platforms are more of a problem), or it will require significant hoop jumping. Orrrr they're doing the taskman trick, but that's insanely platform specific.

Actually, even GOG's Linux installers would benefit from some check up.

Status
Not open for further replies.