• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Welp, just realised World War Z's matchmaking rankings/unlocks etc are client side...........after a fresh windows install. fml, 40+hours down the drain.
...This can't be real. Why the hell no one talking about this at gaming press, this is insane. Does this mean you can cheat all this data like your matchmaking rating on your PC and there will be nothing for that?

Deleted member 43872

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 24, 2018
Digging this screenshot:
C223Wpn.png

I'm sure plenty of LEGIT users signed up for a Steam account through a weird third-party service instead of doing it themselves, for some perfectly legit reason.

JD3Nine

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Texas, United States
I wonder if these bundles are gonna change in the GoG summer sale? They were a pretty good idea I think. Just could use a little more variety. I have one or two games from a few of them and there is no complete your bundle option.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
store.steampowered.com

Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2 (2003 re-release) on Steam

Let’s bring back all the good memories of the incredible, brave and lovely Kao the Kangaroo. Immerse yourself in a classic 3D action-adventure platformer where Kao runs, jumps, and fights lots of enemies.

Kao the Kangaroo Round 2 free to grab.
unknown.png

I guess we wont see the game get to top concurrent players! (I really want to know the difference between this type of giveaway and the others, as I am surprised whenever a "free" game gives cards).

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

I guess we wont see the game get to top concurrent players! (I really want to know the difference between this type of giveaway and the others, as I am surprised whenever a "free" game gives cards).

Free giveaways no longer give cards ever since early this year. (There was couple that accidentally gave because dev did something they weren't supposed to, in cases of recent few accidental giveaways on steam)

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
jIyWwNC.png

Not saying they should work themselves to the bone but hopefully for y'all EGS players, cloud saves shoud be in sometime in July. They're probably hard at work to make them as easy to implement as Galyonkin said Steam's are. ;)

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gato Roboto is really disappointing. It's a Metroid without much exploration (yes, it's a maze, but there's almost always only one way to go, like Guacamelee). After 3 zones, the main challenge was inprecise platforming using the pushback of the missile like I was playing some weird 2D Quake. I don't think I'll come back.

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Any chance to get an Epic Connect feature one day?(like gog connects, detects steam games and add them?)

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Gato Roboto is really disappointing. It's a Metroid without much exploration (yes, it's a maze, but there's almost always only one way to go, like Guacamelee). After 3 zones, the main challenge was inprecise platforming using the pushback of the missile like I was playing some weird 2D Quake. I don't think I'll come back.

come back as in replay it? because if you mean come back to finish it, you are right at the end, its like 3 hours long if that. I thought it was neat for a 6€ metroidvania.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I retract any praise I've ever given Lords of Shadow
"Sick" book memes posted above that I'd totally forgotten about
Everyone loves dank memes.

Speaking of dank memes, I recently found the dankest cave in Guacamelee 2 and I kind of like what they did with that. I remember reading about it when the game came out but had completely forgotten about it, though it's a little weird calling people out with their internet usernames, the presentation was great and gave me a few chuckles. It's pretty clear that they were raw after all the "feedback" about the memes.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
These last pages were funny, given since....forever? every time someone mentions something about an anime game there's the "anime is shit" troupe right after.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
did we know the Abzu guys were making a new game and it looks fucking dope? O_o

edit: oh ffs its a EGS game lol, the timing... guess that's why I didnt know it existed.

I had no idea. You have to wonder if this is actually hurting developers.
There have been quite a few games recently where there has been an official topic posted here, the game looks like it's relevant to my interests, and it's the first time I'm hearing about it at all because it's an Epic Games Store exclusive.
Not because it's being "silenced" but because there's just no word of mouth about these games when they're exclusive to EGS.

I also dislike this trend of developers moving to official Discords rather than using Steam Forums for communication now.
I never got on board the Discord train, and it looks like they just have one big conversation for support, rather than individual support topics? Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but it seems awful for any kind of support/discussion.

Are Ubisoft games still not available on EGS because of that Uplay integration issue? Do we have any insight what's the problem? Like, one day it was ok and then not? And they couldn't rollback whatever caused the issue? Do we know if Epic even nailed down the cause? A store that can't sell its biggest partner's games seems like a big story and it has no real press coverage.
I expect it to be fixed as soon as the sale is over. It seems awfully convenient for Epic to be having those "integration issues" which required the games to be removed from sale a week before their "$10 off everything sale".
I'd put money on Ubisoft having declined participation in the sale beforehand, with this being seen as an easy "out" rather than have them pull the games from sale. But they didn't anticipate other publishers removing their games from sale once they realized what that deal actually was.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
"Sick" book memes posted above that I'd totally forgotten about
I generally avoid reading collectable documents in games because they just come off as needless filler, I did find this humourous though
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2013%2F03%2FCastlevania-Mirror-of-Fate-Mario-Easter-Egg.jpg

I think it's from Mirror of Fate, but it's a nice nod to the Mario series and still fits with the theme and setting IMO.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I am done with this thread, thanks everyone who has been welcoming and friendly in my time unfortunately this is the minority of people in this thread. But I am not going to stay here to get made to feel like a bad person for where I purchase my games.
Sorry for causing the drama, I literally just figured you would be interested in hearing about the game.

What's ironic is that, as someone who hates the EGS and will never buy from the store, I was a) interested in your impressions (as I said it's on my Steam wishlist), and b) have been made to feel unwelcome because some users have an issue with repeated "I don't like the EGS" posts. So, you lose, I lose, and the community loses, all because (it has to be said) over-reaction and misunderstanding.

Anyways, now I'm am going to lurk in the monthly threads. Good job to those who made all the "This opinion isn't an opinion/shouldn't be posted in the thread all the time" posts.

Last edited:

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh for fuck sake, why you guys keep doing this to yourself is beyond me. I just want to say that new thread is coming, so for the love of god, leave this discussion about stores here and move on. There is nothing to add, except a reminder of the fact that in those threads people discussed games from other platforms and people always freely expressed their frustration with those other platforms as well, but nobody gave a damn before.

Honestly, it's really sad that we reached that state when a disagreement with each other now can lead to such controversies. Personally, I appreciate Dan's and everyone else opinions on games regardless of the store and my preferences, I usually don't reply to them, but after this, I think this silent approval is not enough anymore because some people can see only negativity toward platforms and get the wrong idea.

Just a quick example, I downloaded Apex Legends precisely because of impressions from people here, and I haven't launched Origin for a long time and wasn't initially going to bother at all, and considering that games on EGS are still coming to Steam later giving impressions about their exclusives is not a bad thing either. Again, everyone should understand that posting their opinions here about any game on any platform is welcome, but you always need to expect that other people will express their position about the platform as well, especially if you came with "I know no one cares since it's exclusive, but still...". I mean come on mate, maybe that's because English is not my native language and I read in everything too much, but that's not the best way to just share an opinion about the game you liked and don't want to bring the discussion about why you think people won't care.

Great post.

We're Turning a fresh page in the coming day or so. Can we please keep the EGS drama to a minimum?

Not trying to police the thread, but I sense the negative energy surrounding the EGS is deteriorating the quality of this community.

Dan Longman bailing is understandable but complete bs. It's a poor reflection on how we treat each other. But perhaps a lesson can be learned.

I hate EGS as much as the next guy and will never support them. But the obsession has got to stop somewhere.

I don't know. I sympathize with the frustration but I come here to celebrate PC gaming and all the unique things it has to offer. The endless bitterness surrounding every EGS move just drags this community down imo.

Maybe the OP for June's PC thread can message some kind of call for order and civility on the subject. Not to ban EGS talk outright, but more a request for a more inclusive tone with members who interact with the storefront.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
New thread is up!
www.resetera.com

PC Gaming ERA | June 2019 - It's Baldur's Turn

PC Gaming Threads PC Gaming June 2019 Release Highlights Warhammer: Chaosbane - PARANOiA Finally, someone decided to smash together the Warhammer universe with Diablo-style loot-based ARPG gameplay. And no - I'm not talking about that identity crisis that was Warhammer 4K Inquisitor: Martyr...

Status
Not open for further replies.