• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Irf8KVC.png

98tT02E.png

Total War: Three Kingdoms
- Uzzy
Total War: Three Kingdoms, developed by Creative Assembly, is the latest in the long line of historical strategy games that mix real time tactical battles with a turn based strategic campaign. Set during the turbulent end of the Han Dynasty, 190 CE, you must lead one of 12 warlords in these chaotic times and reunite China! Dominate trade, conquer your rivals lands, earn great friendships and the trust of others, or betray them when they least expect it. Build a dynasty fit to rule China, and live on, for immortality.

The first mainline historical Total War title since Rome 2, and the first title set in China, Three Kingdoms has a lot riding on its shoulders. Hopefully they'll bear the weight of expectation. The setting chosen, immortalised in the classic work of literature 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms', feels perfect for a Total War game, and Creative Assembly have wisely created two modes, Records, for a more historical simulation, and Romance, which gives your warlords and generals the legendary status granted them by the novel. It's all a bit Dynasty Warriors, and shows that the dev team have wisely cribbed from Total War: Warhammer. The series as a whole has been known for it's large scale battles, but the map and art style have really been improved, making your conquest of China look ever so artistically done.

Team Sonic Racing
- Tizoc
Sumo Digital return with another entry in their SEGA Arcade racing style games with Team Sonic Racing.
The game features 15 characters from the Sonic franchises, including those cute little Chao, and along with keeping true to the SEGA racing tradition, the game features various customization options allowing players to customize the vehicles with various parts and colours. This lets players tune up or have their vehicle look stylish to their preference.
The game can be played solo and features a Team system to allow for groups of players to race against others for the top spot. All this and featuring a fantastic soundtrack worthy of the SEGA pedigree.

d40duAW.png

Castlevania Classics Collection - Tizoc
Featuring 8 classic games from the Castlevania franchise, trek once more into Dracula's castle as you power walk your way through dozens of monsters and hazards to thwart Dracula's never ending desire to rise to power, in 7 action packed classics from the NES, Gameboy, SEGA Mega Drive and the SNES.
The collection also features the first Kid Dracula game for the NES that was never released in English until now.

Yakuza Kiwami 2
- BlueOdin
A wise man of few words once said "You have a fist fight with a tiger and sing some karaoke"

A Plague Tale: Innocence
- Mentalist
Plague Tale: Innocence is a narrative-driven stealth adventure set in Dark Ages France during the Black Death Epidemic. You play as Amicia, a nobleman's daughter charged with protecting her younger brother Hugo. They must dodge both the Inquisition and the swarms of deadly rats in order to uncover the reasons why the Inquisition is after their family.

This is the first title from Asobo studios, a developer that was rumoured to be Microsoft's next acquisition (the publisher Focus Home recently mentioned another project they are working on with Asobo). It's interesting because it's dealing with a historical period rarely addressed in games, and its main mechanics (stealth, crafting and environmental puzzle-solving) are all tied to the rats- the defining feature of most marketing The rat swarms are everywhere, and they can devour a person in seconds. The only thing keeping them at bay is light- so most of the gameplay will involve manipulating light sources in order to direct the swarms so that Amicia and Hugo can make their way through or around them.

This one should be on people's radar as mid-tier single-player release dealing with an interesting setting and combining a few interesting gameplay ideas into a potentially unique combination.

Life is Strange 2: Episode 3
- Uzzy
Life is Strange 2: Episode 3 – Wastelands, developed by DONTNOD Entertainment, continues the story of Sean and Daniel Diaz, who, after a tragic and confusing event in their hometown of Seattle, embark on a trek to their fathers hometown of Puerto Lobos in Mexico for safety. Along the way, the two brothers must learn how to survive, take care of each other, while evading the police and trying to uncover the mysteries of what happened, and how to use this new found power.

An indie brother buddy road trip movie with deeply political overtones, tied up in family drama and a coming of age story? There's a lot going on in Life is Strange 2, and so far, I've really enjoyed the story being told. Things have not quite hit the incredible heights of the original, but this is a very different story, with very different characters, and that's a good thing! The two main characters, Sean and Daniel are both impressively written and acted, it makes it easier to understand and empathise with the two and their struggles.

Pax Nova
- eonden
Pax Nova takes the inspiration behind one of the great forgotten 4x: Emperor of the Fading Suns, where you actually have both the map of the galaxy and of each planet, providing an interest combination of land and space 4x. Opting for a more asymmetric gameplay (with end objectives and win conditions differing between races), and a more modern UI with better tools to avoid super micro management (which was a big issue in Emperor), it could be a new interesting 4x that bridges the gap between Civ/Endless Legends and Endless Space/Galactic Civilization

gK65o0a.png

Mirror's Edge
- Uzzy
Released in the far off distant time of 2009, Mirror's Edge, developed by DICE, was a product of that one time EA execs were a little tired of releasing the same sports games every six months, and decided to change things up a bit and let their dev teams make something different. Given the pitiful sales figures for Mirror's Edge, it's not that much of a surprise that those execs left shortly afterwards, but the money man's loss is our gain, because we got one fantastic game out of it. Very much the antithesis of the era, it stood very little chance, being a first person parkour game with terrible gunplay, featuring an asian female lead character, set in a beautiful, brightly coloured (dystopian cyberpunk) cityscape, it remains something special, something unique (except for the sequel, but ehhhhhh). A bold, refreshing art style, all sheer reds and whites, means it's beautiful to this day, and you can easily unlock the framerate and FOV on PC. It's mechanically easy-ish to pick up, but difficult to master, being purely about speed and running away from your enemies, meaning that to this day it's still speedrun, it's still offering new challenges to people. It's perpetually cheap too, and the whole game will barely take 8 hours. But while completing it is well worth it, why not just complete Jackknife, the second proper level, and post your time? It also, notably, has the best version of Still Alive.

People who have completed Jackknife:
People who have completed the game:
JIfmoDo.png

THE QUIET MAN
- Gevin
From the smash hit 2018 title, why don't you prove you win at life and get the 'Win at Life' achievement, and avoid taking any hits throughout the entire game?

People who have completed:
GxAoYEU.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK/POP.

LfFWMTH.png

LwKHelT.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link: https://discordapp.com/invite/AgJHPt6

Last edited:

z1ggy

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
Dat monthly challenge

Anyways, its a great month for PC gaming, lot of new shit coming out.

New Puyo Puyo so yeah, hyped.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Can't wait for Kiwami 2 and Dragon Engine on PC. Not gonna be anything special on my 970 but I'm saving for an entirely new top shelf PC to eventually be able to play in 4K/60

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
60 dollars for a late port of a failed Toys to Life game Ubi? That's some gall.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Still undecided about the CV classics. Never was too much into those CV games, Symphony is where I got in.
Isn't there some wording in the copy about the collection that suggests that there would be a second CV collection? Maybe that's the one I actually want.

Knurek

Oct 26, 2017
Still undecided about the CV classics. Never was too much into those CV games, Symphony is where I got in.
Isn't there some wording in the copy about the collection that suggests that there would be a second CV collection? Maybe that's the one I actually want.
Yes, but knowing Konami, CV Collection 2 fully depends on how well CV Collection 1 sells.

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the thread, Uzzy.

---

Kiwami 2 this month for me as well.

Also booted up Monster Hunter World in anticipation of the Witcher 3 crossover event that starts next week.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Played the Fell Seal demo and it's pretty good. Really not gelling with the visual style though. Hopefully get used to it, seems a lot more polished / in depth than I expected.

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of anime, I'm 6 hours into SAO Fatal Bullet and I'm not impressed. Gameplay is okay I guess but there has been so little of it, most of the time has been spent on tutorials and stupid anime 'yer a wizard Harry' conversations.

And the load times, oh God the load times.

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I would like to play Mirrors Edge and I did beat it once on PC, but now that I have my new PC, I just can't seem to get the game to run. It starts up does the EA logo and then fades to white and just crashes. From the guides that I have seen the issue seems to be either the resolution that the game starts in, and I have changes this multiple times to see if anything happens. I also moved the location of one of the local PhysX files and that also did nothing. Any suggestions? Also Portal Still Alive > ME Still Alive

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I would like to play Mirrors Edge and I did beat it once on PC, but now that I have my new PC, I just can't seem to get the game to run. It starts up does the EA logo and then fades to white and just crashes. From the guides that I have seen the issue seems to be either the resolution that the game starts in, and I have changes this multiple times to see if anything happens. I also moved the location of one of the local PhysX files and that also did nothing. Any suggestions? Also Portal Still Alive > ME Still Alive

Get the GOG version

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Can you use the Playstation VR on VR games on PC via a mod or something? How does it work? Does every game works?

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Great work Uzzy

My time will probably be taken up by Kiwami 2, Druidstone and Total War: Three Kingdoms

And as I just noticed Druidstone isn't one of the monthly highlights. Bad work, @everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.