• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I fully expect more "exclusives" to the Epic Store this E3. I wonder if Valve is going to respond or if they even care.

Quote from the PC gaming show press release:

"This year's live stream will present more announcements and new trailers than any previous PC Gaming Show," said PC Gamer global editor-in-chief Evan Lahti in a press release. "From brilliant indies to studios that have shaped PC gaming for decades, we're excited to showcase what's next for the world's most vibrant gaming platform."

The Epic Games Store headlines this year's lineup as a sponsor, and will reveal "brand new material for several games, including some exclusives, coming to the Epic Games store."

I honestly doubt it'll be all that EGS exclusive heavy, and they're all timed anyway so I can just wait a year or half a year and then pick them up.

With Sony not having a conference, Epic Gamer Show and most big publishers being in new gen transition mode E3 is going to suck this year.

Nah, late gen is actually usually the best time for releases. There might be a few less new AAAA announcements, but there's tons of stuff they could feature instead. Also, it's not even possible for one person to play every good game released on Steam alone nowadays.

Asator

Oct 27, 2017
PC-Gaming-Show_05-14-19.jpg
On the plus side, we now have undeniable proof that PC gamer is in bed with Epic. People won't be able to claim that it's a conspiracy theory anymore.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017

Was not expecting this to release this year.

Also, hurray for Steamworld Quest! They're insta buys for me.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Another VTM game is coming, neat. Cheers again eonden

I gotta say that I called a new VTM game coming, because during the PDXCon video they mentioned VTM and Bloodlines 2 separately.

My guess was a VTM:Bloodlines 1 remake / remaster (with the "unofficial" patch), but hey. I got it half right! You can call me now a Nintendo level leaker.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
So happy that we're getting more VTM games. Always bummed me out that such a rich universe was left unexplored in videogames.

Also mad respect to Durante. Dude's playing with fire but I'm glad someone said it.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Argh! I always have issues with Microsoft Store.

Even with a Windows account based on my Microsoft account, I cannot play these games.

At least, it was only 1 €.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

Rhaknar Wok , the card game batsignal is here

Quest is really good. Not drop dead fantastic like Dig 2 and Heist imo, but like those games it's very well designed and tightly tuned and polished. Had I known the Steam release would be this close behind Switch, I would've gotten it on PC to better appreciate the art and have m&kb control.

Also first twitter impression of Druidstone:

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Alright. The culprit was not the Windows Store, but the Xbox App (and its error 0x406).

When a game is launched for the first time, there is a pop-up window and the user is asked to let the game access his Xbox account details. If this window does not appear, then the game either crashes or is stuck on the main screen.

The fix involved:
  1. starting the Powershell as Administrator,
  2. fixing the Xbox App using the command line.
I have executed the following line (found on a blog), which took a long time to complete:
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

However, I guess this line (found on Reddit) would have done the trick faster:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage

Every time I subscribe to Game Pass, there is an issue like this. I don't know if others managed to play in the end, I guess not.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Saying no to EGS exclusivity is becoming a cheap way to garner positive buzz.

I mean, the last handful of random comments on their Fig thing were talking about it, so it's only natural to want to stop being asked about it.

Though given they are owned by Microsoft now the answer should have been pretty obvious at the very least it wasn't going to be EGS exclusive.

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
In grid view are there keys I can press in order to make the tiless bigger or smaller instead of using that shitty slider?

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
http://www.oneprstudio.com/tripwire...players-and-100-million-in-franchise-revenue/
ROSWELL, Ga. – May 14, 2019 – Today, publisher and developer Tripwire Interactive celebrates the 10-year anniversary of the Killing Floor franchise. Since the horror based co-op first person shooter first launched on May 14, 2009 for PC on Steam, the Killing Floor franchise, including the original Killing Floor, Killing Floor 2, and Killing Floor: Incursion, has sold nearly 10 million units, earned over $100 million in franchise revenue, and has been played by over 15 million unique players worldwide.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
It's an unconventional approach to indie development, but then his latest project, Supraland, is an unconventional game—part puzzler, part point-and-click, part first-person shooter, all set in a Metroidvania version of a child's sandbox. Münnich says he had zero expectations before last month's release because "nobody cared about it" during Early Access. "I would've been happy if I got 2,000 people to buy it," he says. Now, it's approaching 50,000 sales, and 96% of its 1,100 Steam reviews are positive.

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-first-p...came-a-hit-and-whats-in-store-for-the-sequel/

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
How is Rise to Ruins?

I've begun to take an interest into Colony/Factory Building/Simulation management sort of games like Slime Rancher, Rimworld, Factorio, and Satisfactory, and I was wondering how that game compares?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Damn i kinda like RDR Online. It is much more different than GTA Online. More story focused missions and interesting characters, slower gameplay, more grounded world... I think that i will play it a lot if/when RDR2 comes to PC because i am not paying for PS+.

Status
Not open for further replies.