• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Sexy bloodsucking vamps with French accents is a weakness of mine, I'll admit.

(Toreador are Spanish though, so uh?)

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Toreador_(VTM)
In the Middle Ages, the Toreador were a member of the High Clans, and their numbers were made up of the same types that are common in the modern nights – minstrels, painters, poets and actors. Many Toreador insinuated themselves into the structures of the Catholic Church, primarily because the Church was the only supporter of art in these dark times. The Courts of Love, which encompassed much of France, were firmly under their control and the Toreador.
(...)
The Renaissance is well remembered as a Golden Age of the Clan among the Elders. As one of the most powerful Clans within Europe, the Toreador prospered in France as Europe's cultural nexus, enjoying the works of various new artists as Michelangelo and DaVinci as well as the works of Shakespeare and the invention of the mirror. Many Toreador began to turn away from spiritually motivated preservationism to a self-serving hedonism that plagues them today.

Name is spanish but their main base of power has been France from all I remember. Spain in the VtM universe is pretty much a mix-match of clans in power depending on the region.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
its impressive how quickly Imperator Rome has died

What a fuck up from Paradox

Oct 25, 2017
Mods are asleep
Veuj9Fn.jpg

xgyL2.png

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
its impressive how quickly Imperator Rome has died

What a fuck up from Paradox

A bad launch from Paradonx can smoothed over by changing their release schedule of DLC and patches.

Patch 1.1 looks meaty and they are listening quite well to the fans on this (despite some really worrisome comments on the launch about not taking newer content from other of their franchises to improve the base game of Imperator by default).

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017

Gonna lttp 7 Days this weekend.

For some reason I always wrote it off as a cheap Rust PvP-trolling knockoff.

Been watching some recent gameplay streams and it actually looks closer to a 3D Project Zomboid (heart).

Damn I love jank-gaming.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
It's been coming soon-ish for the past 12 months.
Eh, it is clear the update for the library was linked to them leaving behind Windows XP support (which was abandoned fully this year). They have also said that it would launch this summer, which is what they said about the new Chat... which launched around these dates last year.

I know we make fun of them, but all the signs points towards the UI being nearly fully finished, with many small and backend changes happening since the start of the year / abandoning XP.

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
I am still rocking an i5-2500k (yes nearly 8 bloody years old). I desperately want to upgrade and was thinking of seeing how cyberpunk runs before pulling the trigger. Been an Intel fanboy ever since My Athlon XP erm well melted really (literally I saw it through the perspex, was quite impressive for a second or two till the panic set in). I swore to never touch AMD hardware ever again, but seriously all this shit with Intel is making me look at Ryzen processors. I am not paying an Intel premium price for shoddy shit like this.

I can understand that. My last AMD processor was a FX-53 (at launch), been in Intel's camp since the C2Ds and not sure what my next upgrade will be.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I am still rocking an i5-2500k (yes nearly 8 bloody years old). I desperately want to upgrade and was thinking of seeing how cyberpunk runs before pulling the trigger. Been an Intel fanboy ever since My Athlon XP erm well melted really (literally I saw it through the perspex, was quite impressive for a second or two till the panic set in). I swore to never touch AMD hardware ever again, but seriously all this shit with Intel is making me look at Ryzen processors. I am not paying an Intel premium price for shoddy shit like this.
I've gone with Intel CPUs the entire time I've built computers, but my next build will be a Ryzen build.

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
Bummed that Sniper Elite 2 Remastered is apparently pretty disappointing. Loved SE3, SE4 and ZAT.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I think with the 10$ off on the Epic Store there's actually a single game you can purchase without adding additional money, and it's Flower.
I also presume Epic will give 10$ off only when spending an X amount of money, even 0.01€, in ordder to apply the promotion. Well'see, anyway I won't spend money on their store and I have Flower on Ps3.

Mad

Oct 25, 2017

Gonna lttp 7 Days this weekend.

For some reason I always wrote it off as a cheap Rust PvP-trolling knockoff.

Been watching some recent gameplay streams and it actually looks closer to a 3D Project Zomboid (heart).

Damn I love jank-gaming.

7 Days to die is great with friends or even solo if you want to get ganked to death by zombies and their building is even pretty fun. Yeah i'd even say it's kind of like a uglier version of Zomboid.

The way I approach 7days is just hop back in after every major update (Or at least wait for the major update and then the following post patch) since it takes them like a year between major updates
By then I'm bored of it after playing it for another X amount of hours and what not and all the new changes are pretty cool, the last changes the put in completely overhauled the skill system in the game

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
I think with the 10$ off on the Epic Store there's actually a single game you can purchase without adding additional money, and it's Flower.
I also presume Epic will give 10$ off only when spending an X amount of money, even 0.01€, in ordder to apply the promotion. Well'see, anyway I won't spend money on their store and I have Flower on Ps3.

It depends on your region. I read Hades is $10 in Indonesia for instance.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
This is a big PC.

BbSA9so_d.jpg

Arcades in the UK sure have changed.

*edit* oof, low quality picture - posting from phone.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
That lingers around my wishlist for some time now and seems super intruging.
But whenever I have a closer look at it, I think it might be a little too difficult for me - and too scary. .__.

I'd say it's more creepy and unsettling than scary to be honest. It's one of those games that once you understand and respect the games rules it becomes a lot less difficult. Don't go out at night and do your prep work :)

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
A good deal.

The price should be increased to $40 with the next expansion (soon).

The game has not been this cheap for a long time.

MsMlfdZ.png

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
AMD used to not have a diode on their CPUs to measure the core temperature and throttle back in the event of a cooling failure.

I'm not sure how that would happen inside a case if the heatsink is still attached, but they have included them for 15+ years now. I'm actually having some difficulty in finding when it was that it was added, since it was so far back.

This is actually somewhat amazing.
  • There were multiple researcher groups and individuals who extended the Meltdown/Spectre/Foreshadow stuff to this, but Intel didn't tell them about each other until a week or so before the end of embargo.
  • The embargo took a whole year.
  • Two groups of researchers have decided to write up info on this, and there's two variants, so we have at least five names. Microarchitectural Data Sampling is the whole family according to RIDL website. It looks like RIDL is the equivalent of ZombieLoad while Fallout is equivalent to Store-to-Leak Forwarding, though I could have gotten it wrong. No, there's no catchy name vendor, each group got one.
  • The RIDL team first made a Meltdown-esque program with fudged targeting, and then they noticed it was recovering data from other contexts somehow. Understanding why took them more time.
  • Fallout is more reliably recovering data on processors with hardware Meltdown mitigations, probably because they get more aggressive in speculating in stuff attacked in Fallout as opposed to stuff attacked in Meltdown.
It really is shocking how badly Intel has handled this. I saw a report that they offered $80,000 to one university to delay the announcement by another 6 months.
Additionally, I noticed that Intel is suddenly referring to Hyper-Threading as "Simultaneous Multi-Threading" in all of the information related to this.
They recommend that you disable SMT, not "HT" - which has long been the brand for their SMT implementation. It's clearly an attempt to muddy the waters, since AMD's SMT implementation does not seem affected by this.
Not only that, but disabling HT does not even fix the issue entirely.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Now that's a good price.

I've paid more for worse games. I had an hour of fun with it this morning at the very least. Just a warning to anyone else who buys it: someone set the default controller settings to "shutdown computer" on every single button so be sure to change the controller input before you start.

Digoman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure how that would happen inside a case if the heatsink is still attached, but they have included them for 15+ years now. I'm actually having some difficulty in finding when it was that it was added, since it was so far back.
I think it was with the Athlon 64 that AMD started having thermal protection on the CPU itself. I know it wasn't on the Athlon XP because I lost one by being stupid and turning it on without the heatsink properly attached.

As for Intel... it is indeed incredible how much the are messing up now, just as AMD has come out strong with Zen. Actually kind of remind me of the Pentium 4 and Athlon days.

Last edited:

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Woah, when did Humble add the filter that lets you see your entire library excluding all redeemed keys (actually redeemed, not just having clicked the "Reveal" button). That's an excellent feature.

Or has that literally always been there and I was just to lazy/dumb to see it

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Woah, when did Humble add the filter that lets you see your entire library excluding all redeemed keys (actually redeemed, not just having clicked the "Reveal" button). That's an excellent feature.

Can you show a picture again? I only see the "Hide redeemed keys" toggle which is the one that removes the one that you clicked the "Reveal" button for. The main issue (and that lately it seems was fixed) was that it sometimes bugged out and it didnt register when you revealed some keys.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Can you show a picture again? I only see the "Hide redeemed keys" toggle which is the one that removes the one that you clicked the "Reveal" button for. The main issue (and that lately it seems was fixed) was that it sometimes bugged out and it didnt register when you revealed some keys.
That is the toggle.

And yeah, unfortunately you're right - it was just bugging out and it is actually just what you click "reveal" on. Had to test it a few times to be sure :/

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
A good deal.

The price should be increased to $40 with the next expansion (soon).

The game has not been this cheap for a long time.

MsMlfdZ.png

is this version missing anything compared to the switch version? As I know the switch version at one point had exclusive content.

also it's the same price on humble so if you are a monthly sub it's down to $11.24

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
That is the toggle.

And yeah, unfortunately you're right - it was just bugging out and it is actually just what you click "reveal" on. Had to test it a few times to be sure :/
Yeah sometimes I am unsure whether or not i redeemed a key. Lately I jus put all the keys I want to give away in a txt in my drive to share whenever I want so that I do not need to be afraid of giving away dupes while looking through Humble.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
is this version missing anything compared to the switch version? As I know the switch version at one point had exclusive content.

also it's the same price on humble so if you are a monthly sub it's down to $11.24

It had 1 month exclusive content that was patched in.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
How is:

Been eyeing it since it was in early access.

Pretty good, they just added this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH7qrjDRa58

This is a big PC.

Arcades in the UK sure have changed.

*edit* oof, low quality picture - posting from phone.

Arcades have changed everywhere, it's a lot of big gimmick machines now, because that's something you can't just reproduce at home on your console/PC.

It's interesting that a lot of them really are just PCs in a box though.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah sometimes I am unsure whether or not i redeemed a key. Lately I jus put all the keys I want to give away in a txt in my drive to share whenever I want so that I do not need to be afraid of giving away dupes while looking through Humble.
That's exactly why I was excited, because I thought now I wouldn't have to do that lol. They should at least rename it to "Hide Revealed Keys".
You can check whether keys are redeemed now? That's actually pretty useful.
Naw sorry man, it was a ruse

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Apparently this is the main theme for Bloodlines 2. Showed up on today's stream.

I like it, it's reminiscent of the original but does its own thing too.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Is this Language list new? 😮

steamtr2435675wzkt8.png

I can't find English anywhere in the list so I assume it's default and included no matter what I select?

Status
Not open for further replies.