• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Is this Language list new? 😮

steamtr2435675wzkt8.png

I can't find English anywhere in the list so I assume it's default and included no matter what I select?
From what I saw in discord, it seems that they removed the languages for that game specifically.

My guess is that Steam is implementing a way so that high quality games that have many dubs (such that the audio and cinematic files are very big) have different ids and you can select which version to download to avoid having many useless files (mainly in EU-5 languages region). However, they fucked this one up and only has french language available.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Also yeah, the language list that you can select from the install screen is fairly new. It was possible to do it before from game's properties, but this is much much more convenient.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that Steam is implementing a way so that high quality games that have many dubs (such that the audio and cinematic files are very big) have different ids and you can select which version to download to avoid having many useless files

Steam has supported language specific download for very long time (6+ years prob.)

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Steam has supported language specific download for very long time (6+ years prob.)
Then no idea XD. I havent really seen that in other games before lol. I guess Parsnip is right and it is just that they moved it from properties to the installation so that people actually use the function?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then no idea XD. I havent really seen that in other games before lol. I guess Parsnip is right and it is just that they moved it from properties to the installation so that people actually use the function?

I think it is more that many games don't actually allow you to choose. So the dev / publisher need to set it up so players can take advantage of it, but few do.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017
The scroll wheel on my 4-5+ year old, $10 Etekcity mouse broke a few days ago, so I got a minor upgrade...$150 wireless G502 mouse that just came out like last week. Figured if a new mouse is going to last me at least that long why not splurge a bit?

Significantly lighter and smaller than I thought it would be based on reviews, honestly, which is nice. Only complaint so far is the G7 button/DPI down is overly sensitive, but I can just disable it or set DPI stuff to a different button or whatever.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017

I want to hear some speculation! In the icons section there icons for games, broadcasts, apps, movies, and music. All stuff that has been in Steam before (though they recently phased out video), but there is next to all these an icon for comics and an icon called zoo (with a cute elephant). Is Valve adding comics and a reader to Steam? What the heck is zoo and why is it grouped with these other more explainable features?

Edit: There are also Steam Input icons with cartoon depictions of a 360 controller, PS4, Xbox 1 etc. But there are two for the Steam controller. SteamController_Gordon and SteamController_Headcrab. I know Valve labeled their prototype Steam controllers with characters from their IP. Do we know if both of these names have been used on the final product and a prototype, or is one of these an unheard of and possibly future revision?

Last edited:

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Can someone put that in an imgur gallery or something?

I'm on my phone and I don't want to deal with zips.

The vast majority of it is very boring looking. Gradients and stuff. There was also a folder that had the SteamUI mockup that was leaked in 2017, but there wasn't a more recent one. I tried to mention the most interesting looking assets in my post. But it's really all very mundane stuff.

Do you know where the leak came from? Was it just another thing SteamDB picked up that was left in an update by mistake again?

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Steam Link on iOS is nuts.

I am get 120hz support on my ipad pro STREAMING from my PC, heck my monitor can only do 75fps.

This is amazing.

tMpYiAY.jpg

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
The vast majority of it is very boring looking. Gradients and stuff. There was also a folder that had the SteamUI mockup that was leaked in 2017, but there wasn't a more recent one. I tried to mention the most interesting looking assets in my post. But it's really all very mundane stuff.

Do you know where the leak came from? Was it just another thing SteamDB picked up that was left in an update by mistake again?

Was in latest beta, at least when it was initially released.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Pillars of Eternity 2 is $10 at Walmart for the physical copy, should I buy it? Especially if I didn't like my time with Divinity? Should I keep playing Divinity even though the gameplay (controls, really) didn't capture me in the half hour or so I played it?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Pillars of Eternity 2 is $10 at Walmart for the physical copy, should I buy it? Especially if I didn't like my time with Divinity? Should I keep playing Divinity even though the gameplay (controls, really) didn't capture me in the half hour or so I played it?

Pillars of Eternity 2 is a RTWP game, as opposed to Divinity's excellent Turn Based combat. I feel that PoE2's story is far superior to Divinity, but it's still not one of Obsidian's best, and the world building is great too. $10 is a great price for it, does it come with all the DLC?

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Pillars of Eternity 2 is a RTWP game, as opposed to Divinity's excellent Turn Based combat. I feel that PoE2's story is far superior to Divinity, but it's still not one of Obsidian's best, and the world building is great too. $10 is a great price for it, does it come with all the DLC?
DLC is excluded, but it's a Steam key at least,

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Are you... Are you finally coming to the light that Turn Based combat is better than anything else?

Pillars 2 has a turn based option added after launch but that is not the preferable way to play the game too TheMadTitan

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Are you... Are you finally coming to the light that Turn Based combat is better than anything else?

Pillars 2 has a turn based option added after launch but that is not the preferable way to play the game too TheMadTitan

Not at all, just that Divinity has the best in class turn based combat out there.

RTWP is still the one true way, the resurrection and the life.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I tried to finish Mad Max but I just can't do it. It's too slow and repetitive.

You know, I wish they pushed the survival aspects of that game a little more. It felt shallow and tacked on, they could of had something really cool if they did. Also, fighting convoys was the most fun part of the game, but the fact that they didn't respawn made them too limited, since there was only one per region.

Don't sleep on Rage 2, it's MM taken in a totally different direction. I think the combat may be better than Doom 2016, and that's my favorite FPS to date.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017

Normally, turn based is my jam, but something about the mechanics of Divinity wasn't jiving with me. My experience with western style/CRPGs have all been either real time or real time with pause, but still. And I enjoy FFTactics, so range and positioning I have no issues with, either. I'll try it again.

But either way, sounds like I should get the game for $10 and scoop up the DLC later?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Normally, turn based is my jam, but something about the mechanics of Divinity wasn't jiving with me. My experience with western style/CRPGs have all been either real time or real time with pause, but still. And I enjoy FFTactics, so range and positioning I have no issues with, either. I'll try it again.

But either way, sounds like I should get the game for $10 and scoop up the DLC later?

Yeah, $10 is a great price for it. I've not played the DLC, I was waiting for it all to come out and all the patching to be done, which appears to have happened now. Might start a new playthrough soon.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
For The Division 2, Ubisoft opted against a Steam release in favour of exclusivity on the Epic Games Store. Seemingly determined not to engage with this platform, a significant number of PC gamers chose to buy the game from the publisher's own Uplay store instead.

In fact, the Uplay edition sold ten times as many copies as the original Division -- none of which Ubisoft would have had to pay a merchant's cut for (as opposed to the 12% share it paid Epic for any sales, and the 30% it would have paid Valve).
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...-prevent-the-division-2-missing-sales-targets

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I want to apologise for the tone of my mesage the other day, I was pised from a build of stuff around here, but that wasnt cool. I wont, however, apologise for the message. I dont think starting to shit on people here because they choose to use the EGS is healthy in the slightest. In fact, the lack of "health" around here is why I was pissed and it was building up, weather you realise it or not, care or not, agree or not, this place is becoming icnreasingly toxic, increasingly "you're either with us or against us" and that... well that sucks.

I know people that dont post here anymore becaue they are afraid they will be piled on. I know people that, for example, wouldnt talk about Operencia here becaue its not on Steam, and since its not on Steam that would make them persona non grata (ironically they didnt even get it on EGS, they got it on MS store). It's not jut the EGS store stuff either. Again, I'm sure you either dont realise or simply dont care, but every time you go "LOL THESE CONSOLE OWNERS", there is a not-so-small number of people around here that own consoles, that like consoles, so the whole "PC OR DIE" shit gets super awkward.

Not to mention the fact that nobody (well almost nobody) talks about actual videogame here anymore. The thread is a constant circle jerk of "look how evil Epic was today" posts and whatever game discussion that anyone tries to have just gets drowned in the noise. There was a post in that PC Gaming Show thread that said something like "man, 10 pages of pots, and only a handful of them are actually about games on the show" and yeah, that is pretty much how it goes these days, and it sucks man.

Ironically, I dont even think anyone is wrong about the EGS. It shitty situation all around and I myself havent used it nor intend to use it (for example, Ill probably end up getting Blands 3 on console instead, so trust me, I get it... well until Torchlight Frontiers is EGS exclusive, dont do it Perfect World!), but again, piling on people that do choose to use it is not the way, especially when someone goes "well I guess I'll use that free tenner to get Hades /shrug?" and i met with "IF YOU DO THAT YOU ARE HELPING TO DETROY THE PC INDUSTRY!"... like, the dude just wants a free game :p

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a EGS-stan (I guess?) / console-fanboy or something. believe it or not, I do still enjoy many of the peeps here (or at least did when we actually talked about games), but it's clear that the community as it stands is just not for me anymore, and since I dont agree with where its headed, I wont shit up the thread anymore since I'm clearly in the minority. Be good, play games or dont I guess, peace out :)

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
A pretty nice move by these Chinese devs:

The Demo is here!

A lot of you asked us for a discount to buy 1 or more copies for your friends, but it doesn't sound right for us, in fact, you shouldn't have to buy the game for your friends just for them to try it out.

So we decided to add a demo so you can play with your friends without any additional burden.

Here are the differences between the demo and the complete version:
1.You can't play Ladder Mode after rank Rookie
2.You can only create custom room 3 times (but can join unlimited times)
3.You can open 20 packs in total
4.Your data will by synced after you purchase the complete version.

Welcome and enjoy! If you encountered any technical issues, don't hesitate to contact support at
[email protected]

BlueOdin

Oct 26, 2017
Tried some of the Druidstone. Played the first two missions. Seems cool though the writing is nothing special so far (might get better later and is probably not the thing you come to the game for) and the character portrait for one of the main characters looks like a videogame-ass videogame white dude protagonist. Obviously compared to Xcom there are a lot of bells & whistles missing in the animation department but Druidstone seems good.

Now to juggle between Kiwami 2 and this and next week Three Kingdoms...

Sometimes it's hard to be a player of videogames, giving all your time to just one game

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
I want to apologise for the tone of my mesage the other day, I was pised from a build of stuff around here, but that wasnt cool. I wont, however, apologise for the message. I dont think starting to shit on people here because they choose to use the EGS is healthy in the slightest. In fact, the lack of "health" around here is why I was pissed and it was building up, weather you realise it or not, care or not, agree or not, this place is becoming icnreasingly toxic, increasingly "you're either with us or against us" and that... well that sucks.

I know people that dont post here anymore becaue they are afraid they will be piled on. I know people that, for example, wouldnt talk about Operencia here becaue its not on Steam, and since its not on Steam that would make them persona non grata (ironically they didnt even get it on EGS, they got it on MS store). It's not jut the EGS store stuff either. Again, I'm sure you either dont realise or simply dont care, but every time you go "LOL THESE CONSOLE OWNERS", there is a not-so-small number of people around here that own consoles, that like consoles, so the whole "PC OR DIE" shit gets super awkward.

Not to mention the fact that nobody (well almost nobody) talks about actual videogame here anymore. The thread is a constant circle jerk of "look how evil Epic was today" posts and whatever game discussion that anyone tries to have just gets drowned in the noise. There was a post in that PC Gaming Show thread that said something like "man, 10 pages of pots, and only a handful of them are actually about games on the show" and yeah, that is pretty much how it goes these days, and it sucks man.

Ironically, I dont even think anyone is wrong about the EGS. It shitty situation all around and I myself havent used it nor intend to use it (for example, Ill probably end up getting Blands 3 on console instead, so trust me, I get it... well until Torchlight Frontiers is EGS exclusive, dont do it Perfect World!), but again, piling on people that do choose to use it is not the way, especially when someone goes "well I guess I'll use that free tenner to get Hades /shrug?" and i met with "IF YOU DO THAT YOU ARE HELPING TO DETROY THE PC INDUSTRY!"... like, the dude just wants a free game :p

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a EGS-stan (I guess?) / console-fanboy or something. believe it or not, I do still enjoy many of the peeps here (or at least did when we actually talked about games), but it's clear that the community as it stands is just not for me anymore, and since I dont agree with where its headed, I wont shit up the thread anymore since I'm clearly in the minority. Be good, play games or dont I guess, peace out :)

Thanks for this post. I want to apologize to you as well: it definitely wasn't my intention to shit on people for using EGS. I'm just trying to make people aware of the possible consequences for doing so. But what you do with that information is up to you; I'm not here to blame people for anything.

This also applies for my post about the free credit on EGS. That was a response to someone who claimed that if you're against the Epic store, such an offer is "merely a win for consumers". I just wanted to point out that by using this credit, you are actually helping Epic to boost their sales results, which they'll definitely use to get even more exclusivity deals. For consumers who don't like exclusivity deals, this isn't a win at all.

I also regret the toxic atmosphere in many (Epic-related) topics. But in my opinion, this is mostly caused by people writing drive-by posts like "it's just another launcher" and "lazy Valve needs competition". Only very few people bothered to explain WHY they see no issues in Epic's strategy. And while I don't agree with these people, I do respect their opinion.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, $10 is a great price for it. I've not played the DLC, I was waiting for it all to come out and all the patching to be done, which appears to have happened now. Might start a new playthrough soon.
I played through with none of the DLC at launch, and am planning a re-play at some point... But that means I need to re-play the original as well, since I have issues. Will probably cheat my way through PoE1 to speed things up though. I really want to try out a Priest of Eothas just to see how much impact it has on the story.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
The scroll wheel on my 4-5+ year old, $10 Etekcity mouse broke a few days ago, so I got a minor upgrade...$150 wireless G502 mouse that just came out like last week. Figured if a new mouse is going to last me at least that long why not splurge a bit?

Significantly lighter and smaller than I thought it would be based on reviews, honestly, which is nice. Only complaint so far is the G7 button/DPI down is overly sensitive, but I can just disable it or set DPI stuff to a different button or whatever.
I just bought that mouse too, was delivered literally the day before logitech announced the wireless version lol. Its ok though, the mouse is really good so I dont mind it too much and I also got it for slightly cheaper than the usual price.

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. I just bought a Tales of Monkey Island Steam key for $30 from Wingamestore. I bought the game directly from Telltale when it was released "to support the devs" but I've been feeling anxious that it would disappear at some point down the road, especially after it was delisted on Steam. Shit like this is why a fragmented games library sucks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I played through with none of the DLC at launch, and am planning a re-play at some point... But that means I need to re-play the original as well, since I have issues. Will probably cheat my way through PoE1 to speed things up though. I really want to try out a Priest of Eothas just to see how much impact it has on the story.

Exactly the same, though I thought I'd play a Paladin in PoE1 or something.

Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD
I'm kinda bummed today. I spent the last few weeks playing Fallout 76. Didn't enjoy it. There were brief glimpses of why I love Fallout but there were enough and to much crap went along with it. So the other day I uninstalled it. Now I'm craving a game like Fallout. I've played 3, NV, and 4 many many times and there isn't nothing new to experience. There doesn't appear to be another game like them. I even thought about reinstalling Skyrim.

DocDeltree

Jan 4, 2018
I'm kinda bummed today. I spent the last few weeks playing Fallout 76. Didn't enjoy it. There were brief glimpses of why I love Fallout but there were enough and to much crap went along with it. So the other day I uninstalled it. Now I'm craving a game like Fallout. I've played 3, NV, and 4 many many times and there isn't nothing new to experience. There doesn't appear to be another game like them. I even thought about reinstalling Skyrim.
Have you played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series?

Status
Not open for further replies.