• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
EGS sale and it fucking screams either bug or desperation.

Observation 60% discount when it launches this week.
WWZ 50% off and it launched a month ago.
Shakedown 50% off and it launched last week.

Edit:my guess is they are selling off the guaranteed purchases for most games, as other games do have normal discounts (like satisfactory, which is i guess one game that already broke that limited).

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3 30% off months before release, same for Bloodlines 2 and Control.

This smells like desperation for me.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017

I mean, developers whining that sales devalue their products in the eyes of consumers, and then you see epic doing this. Sales before the game is even released.

Is epic really eating the cost of 30% of borderlands? I find that hard to believe. I doubt such a thing is at all sustainable.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, it seems they are adding the 10€discount already on the price shown in the main page, so the discounts seem bigger than they are lol.

Edit as showcase, on the main page:

unknown.png

On the game page:

unknown.png

Which yeah makes things make more sense in some of those dafaq discounts, lower priced games have a bigger % count for the 10€

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they'll spin this as some sort of passing the benefits to the consumer, but holy crap that's some desperation.

On a different note, so glad Valve didn't give up on Steam Link for iOS. This is great.

Vq1LGwR.jpg

TheLetdown

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I'm pretty sure the Epic free $10 is already baked in to the price being advertised.

I would say just add it to your cart and check but...

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
The regional pricing fucks me over with Hades and John Wick. Can a friend gift me the game a d pay him back or does a VPN on the website work with a US PayPal account?

Premium Ghoul

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I have a g403 wireless and don't really have any compliants with it, and the g pro is still tempting me. Is there anything worthwhile to upgrade?
I don't think so, unless you absolutely want to have a smaller and lighter (only ~2 grams lighter for the wireless G Pro) mouse, or you want the ambidextrous design. They share the same sensor and have the same amount of buttons, so it just comes down to the overall feel of the mouse.

Line

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
All the prices on the front page are shown with the Epic special offer (if applicable, price>14.99eurodollars = $10€ discount).
None of the AAA games are on sale, and there's very few games on sale actually.

But something like Operencia appears 75% off because the special 10 bucks offer is baked into the price that you see.
Some games like Hades and John Wick do have a small sale going on... so that they are sold fro less than 14.99 and can't be redeemed with the special offer.
That's pretty shady.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
Observation 8.89 euro
Shakedown Hawaii 9.99 euro
Metro Exodus 35 euro

The sound of desperation. But damn, those prices are tempting.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Observation 8.89 euro
Shakedown Hawaii 9.99 euro
Metro Exodus 35 euro

The sound of desperation. But damn, those prices are tempting.
Not really, it seems they are adding the 10€ discount already on the price (which is what sounds of desperation). Shakedown is just a 20€ game without discount that gets the 10€ discount making it a 50% discount (same with Observation lol).

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
OK, with that Epic sales... where are we in the spyware incident of the Epic client siphoning data from Steam? Has it been solved?
I'm not installing a backdoor on my computer even with ridiculous sales and 1-year exclusives.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Metro Exodus 35 euro

I disagree with this one, that's how much I expect to pay a game at launch on the platform of my choosing, purchasing the game through official third party sellers.

I agree there are quite a few very good offers though, especially on unreleased indie games (which is frankly worse than bundles in terms of the impact it could have on the indie scene but whatever, if they don't care I won't be the one caring for their interests). I still won't buy anything though. I don't even redeem free games.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
OK, with that Epic sales... where are we in the spyware incident of the Epic client siphoning data from Steam? Has it been solved?
I'm not installing a backdoor on my computer even with ridiculous sales and 1-year exclusives.
They said they would stop but they go back on their word on a daily basis so

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Hows this: at launch and before, they said they wouldnt be doing sales exactly like this. Yet, here we are.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
I want to apologise for the tone of my mesage the other day, I was pised from a build of stuff around here, but that wasnt cool. I wont, however, apologise for the message. I dont think starting to shit on people here because they choose to use the EGS is healthy in the slightest. In fact, the lack of "health" around here is why I was pissed and it was building up, weather you realise it or not, care or not, agree or not, this place is becoming icnreasingly toxic, increasingly "you're either with us or against us" and that... well that sucks.

I know people that dont post here anymore becaue they are afraid they will be piled on. I know people that, for example, wouldnt talk about Operencia here becaue its not on Steam, and since its not on Steam that would make them persona non grata (ironically they didnt even get it on EGS, they got it on MS store). It's not jut the EGS store stuff either. Again, I'm sure you either dont realise or simply dont care, but every time you go "LOL THESE CONSOLE OWNERS", there is a not-so-small number of people around here that own consoles, that like consoles, so the whole "PC OR DIE" shit gets super awkward.

Not to mention the fact that nobody (well almost nobody) talks about actual videogame here anymore. The thread is a constant circle jerk of "look how evil Epic was today" posts and whatever game discussion that anyone tries to have just gets drowned in the noise. There was a post in that PC Gaming Show thread that said something like "man, 10 pages of pots, and only a handful of them are actually about games on the show" and yeah, that is pretty much how it goes these days, and it sucks man.

Ironically, I dont even think anyone is wrong about the EGS. It shitty situation all around and I myself havent used it nor intend to use it (for example, Ill probably end up getting Blands 3 on console instead, so trust me, I get it... well until Torchlight Frontiers is EGS exclusive, dont do it Perfect World!), but again, piling on people that do choose to use it is not the way, especially when someone goes "well I guess I'll use that free tenner to get Hades /shrug?" and i met with "IF YOU DO THAT YOU ARE HELPING TO DETROY THE PC INDUSTRY!"... like, the dude just wants a free game :p

But hey, what do I know, I'm just a EGS-stan (I guess?) / console-fanboy or something. believe it or not, I do still enjoy many of the peeps here (or at least did when we actually talked about games), but it's clear that the community as it stands is just not for me anymore, and since I dont agree with where its headed, I wont shit up the thread anymore since I'm clearly in the minority. Be good, play games or dont I guess, peace out :)

Co-signed, and this last page only cements what you've just said. I never posted much here but I always enjoyed the conversation about PC games. Nowadays? Tired of all the Epic bullshit even when most of the criticism is valid.

I'm about to finish Xenoblade 2 (almost 200 hours later) and I'll come back to play some steam games from my backlog. I hope that the tone changes here but with these Epic sales and E3 around the corner... I'm not so sure.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So with them only taking a 12% cut, everytime someone buys Walking Dead TFS for 4,99€ Epic will lose ~8,20€ ?

I have an idea how we solve the EGS issue. How much money does Epic have?

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So with them only taking a 12% cut, everytime someone buys Walking Dead TFS for 4,99€ Epic will lose ~8,20€ ?

I have an idea how we solve the EGS issue. How much money does Epic have?
Fortnite makes billions in profit and they have Unreal money, their pockets are very deep

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
so i know there's not much talk of games here but Gears of War 4 is a very fun and satisfying campaign. And has great fan service moments for fans of the first 3 games (only played the first since I never had a 360 and don't have an X1).

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Co-signed, and this last page only cements what you've just said. I never posted much here but I always enjoyed the conversation about PC games. Nowadays? Tired of all the Epic bullshit even when most of the criticism is valid.

I'm about to finish Xenoblade 2 (almost 200 hours later) and I'll come back to play some steam games from my backlog. I hope that the tone changes here but with these Epic sales and E3 around the corner... I'm not so sure.
GET THE FUCK OUT WITH YOUR SWITCH BULLSHIT!

jk, I'm kinda with you, I mean, the easiest way to not give traffic to Epic is to not react to everything. Just let it go, kill all discussion and no one will care and that would be the most effective weapon.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017

Its no coincidence this is happening a month before Steam Sales. EPIC REALLY wants people locked into their ecosystem no matter what the cost. The more people buy the game now the less people buy it on Steam.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While there may have been unnecessary guilt-by-association over-reactions, reading about Epic outside this thread is the best way to lose your sanity.
For real. The fucking inane drivel spewed in gargantuan amounts by uniformed fuckbois has been peak stupid the past few months.

I flat out avoid them at all costs due to the same five stupid fucking points being reiterated each time.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Epic conversation here is quite calm. And most of the conversation is about videogames.

In other news, Stellaris new feature for the paid DLC (Relics) will be a free one (wirh many of the relics being exclusive to the DLC), so that it can be easily used with mods. Quite liking how generous Stellaris is with its base game aditions.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a date for the new Stellaris DLC?

Kinda itching to start a new campaign, but I'd rather just wait if the new content isn't far off.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a date for the new Stellaris DLC?

Kinda itching to start a new campaign, but I'd rather just wait if the new content isn't far off.
Just announced, but I think you should start a new campaign, otherwise you will never start (and it not having its date announced means at least a month till launch).

Changes from 2.2 are still VERY VEEEEERY interesting.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Didn't want to ask in the other thread but...

Any chance that Hades and TWD Final season will come to Steam/GOG or are they completely exclusive to EGS

Both are $4.99 and $6.99 for me so it's a bit tempting ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.