• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
The worst thing about the EGS stuff is how nasty this site has become. Maybe it was always like it? and I just wasn't aware but scrolling through that sale thread people are being such arseholes. Its really disappointing. Im not here for that shit. Think ill stick to this thread from now on.

Most of them aren't even PC Gamers. Search through their post history and you'll have a hard time finding any posts in PC threads (plenty in console ones though)

And that's assuming they aren't throwaway alts in the first place. 1 day bans won't stop their trolling.

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This site has always been nasty as fuck. You see it any time people dare to criticise Sony, people lose their fucking minds. Despite this place being progressive in a lot of ways when it comes to gaming a large percentage are corporations first.

Lol don't count Off topic short with the nastiness. Countless examples.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
whoa, is GMG trying to crush Fanatical's sale?

I'm not sure where I can get the RE2make cheaper right now. I still got that 15% coupon from Fanatical...

Dangit, GMG, why can't you do the DMC 5 discount and let Fanatical have RE? Lol

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Fun fact Epic still has issues with UPlay integration so they can't sell Ubisoft games XD
Wtf? I was looking at Anno 1800 just to see if there was something beyond the Epic $10 off, not even planning to buy, but nice to know it would have failed if I tried.

Guess I'm sticking with 1404 for a bit longer.

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017
4499 for Octopath in Russia. Absolutely insane pricing. Surely it has to be a mistake?

That's like £55, $70.

Normally the big new releases all stick to 1999 rubles.

Looking through Steam, this makes Octopath one of the most expensive games ever releases in Russia. Take away bundles and software and I think only Attack on Titan 2 comes close.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017
4499 for Octopath in Russia. Absolutely insane pricing. Surely it has to be a mistake?

That's like £55, $70.

Normally the big new releases all stick to 1999 rubles.

Looking through Steam, this makes Octopath one of the most expensive games ever releases in Russia. Take away bundles and software and I think only Attack on Titan 2 comes close.

It shows $59.99 USD for me. Still way too fucking much.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
$10 bet that Epic is doing this sale to boost their numbers so they have something to brag about at the PC Gaming Show at E3, since I'm assuming they're getting desperate.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I can only hope the people they lure won't be returning customers, just accounts who sit there waiting for the next handout being nothing but dead weight for them.

Nothing good can come from Epic's brand of "competition." All we got so far is a bunch of console-warz like bullshit brought over to PC space. :x

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of them aren't even PC Gamers. Search through their post history and you'll have a hard time finding any posts in PC threads (plenty in console ones though)

And that's assuming they aren't throwaway alts in the first place. 1 day bans won't stop their trolling.

I really hate this attitude as it appears to be pure gatekeeping to me. To be a PC gamer you don't have to post in threads about PC exclusives or the PC Gaming Era. Most of the games I play on PC are also available in consoles, and I just talk about them in the same thread as other console people. Resident Evil 2 and Division 2 are two recent examples.

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
I really hate this attitude as it appears to be pure gatekeeping to me. To be a PC gamer you don't have to post in threads about PC exclusives or the PC Gaming Era. Most of the games I play on PC are also available in consoles, and I just talk about them in the same thread as other console people. Resident Evil 2 and Division 2 are two recent examples.

I don't disagree, heck, I'm 99% a PC gamer and wasn't even aware of these threads for a long while. (Except the performance ones.) And even now, I don't post that often. That being said, there's a lot of suspect characters that just troll or post inaccurate information in those threads, so I can understand the witch hunts. It's been fun dealing with the bs Epic has brought.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Square is so fucking bad at pricing their late ports. They could have a hit with something like Octopath on PC, it's a very systems driven game, and those types of games do well on PC. They should be launching at 30, maybe 40, not 60.

They need to learn from Sega in this regard.

Oct 27, 2017
Square is so fucking bad at pricing their late ports. They could have a hit with something like Octopath on PC, it's a very systems driven game, and those types of games do well on PC. They should be launching at 30, maybe 40, not 60.

Not even FF XV was this expensive, and that game had a bunch of DLC bundled with it.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
£10 gets a lot of people into a walled garden, even against their own interests. It's frustrating and upsetting, but I guess that's capitalism for you.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
$10 bet that Epic is doing this sale to boost their numbers so they have something to brag about at the PC Gaming Show at E3, since I'm assuming they're getting desperate.

You guys gotta come up for air sometimes man. A company like this is not basing it's strategy around the E3 show that is held together by duct tape and is most famous for showing off late ports of games.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
On the bright side, the reviews for Total War: Three Kingdoms look good. That should be a great one to get into later.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You guys gotta come up for air sometimes man. A company like this is not basing it's strategy around the E3 show that is held together by duct tape and is most famous for showing off late ports of games.

We'll see. I'm basing this on timing and their shadiness with their Metro numbers, I won't be surprised if it's tied together. It's Scumbag Epic after all.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
Maybe when people stop working against their best interests I'll stop being shitty and condescending about it. Deal?
new-understanding-the-stages-of-grief-1.png

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Agreed. 84cad makes it the most expensive AAA title on Steam in Canada, and its not even a new release. What the fuck is Square Enix smoking?

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Did far cry new dawn ended up as the better pink post-apocalypse title over RAge2 ? I didnt see that result coming .

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Are the com plaint about the big empty open world overblown ? im gonna get both eventually , but it seemed people were generally hard on rage2 .

Shogun

Oct 27, 2017

I don't know, everything Epic have done so far has felt like they have no real solid plan or direction and are just throwing ideas around to see what sticks. The fact that both Sweeney and Galyonkin have already gone back on comments made previous shows that. With this new sale (it's has some great deals) even that feels a little forced, it's obvious they haven't hit the numbers they wanted and so are eating more money to entice people in to their eco system.

They wouldn't of needed to throw so much money around had they launched a store with the key/best features from Steam, offered the free games and instead of competing on exclusives competed on price. Their moves so far has ended up with them having to offer a pretty much unheard of store wide discount to entice people in to a shoddy store with pre made defenders.

It's a ridiculous situation.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are the com plaint about the big empty open world overblown ? im gonna get both eventually , but it seemed people were generally hard on rage2 .

It is pretty barren, but it's still like Far Cry's sort of exploration but with Doom 16's combat (and better enemy variety).

Their actual open worlds are probably pretty similar, Rage 2 even has a sort of "prepper stash" style activity. But instead of collecting ethanol so my weapon gets a +1 on it like in New Dawn, I can get a nanotrite in Rage 2 that causes my ground pound ability to cause a black hole that sucks enemies in so I smoosh them better.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Well I do love me some nu-doom gunplay... I guess i will wishlist it for now. thanks for the help !

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
It's admittedly a good pro consumer move so I can't really criticise Epic, especially when (as silly as it is) it goes back on a bad stance i.e. no sales.

Still not buying anything though, I won't support 3rd party PC exclusivity

SSPssp

Oct 25, 2017
GAME'S POOPY

Jokes aside Simon's Quest would be decent if they did a retralsation work, but the original english release is doo doo.

Yeah I know, my friend's older brother had to tell me what to do and he got it from some strategy guide or something. I still love the atmosphere more than the other games though.

Unknown837

Oct 26, 2017
God lord at those Octopath prices, hopefully it's just a mistake since Square's games aren't usually so absurdly priced on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.