Status
Not open for further replies.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
You may well have DSense specific issues I don't know about. I just wanted to say I had similar issues with DS4. Ultimately, I gave up. I use a short wired USB cable for my regular use, and got a longer 15 foot cable for TV use in the same room. There was a weird set of circumstances I really should have documented, but iirc it was something like this. To get Steam (or other app) games to use PS icons, the games must support those icons, and you don't want Steam Input running for that game (disable in its settings) or have DS4W disabled if it's another apps game. Then the game recognizes the wired controller itself, and you get PS icons, e.g. MK11. However for wireless, I think I then needed to have Steam Input on (if Steam) or DS4W running (if other app), which conflicted with getting PS icons in-game? Sorry it's been a while. But anyway, the main issue was, and this may have been specific to my PC I don't know, on wireless the controls would start to drift after about 15 minutes and that became untenable, so I got a longer cable.

Sadly it didn't work, I even made a seperate partition install of windows 10, to see if it was an 11 thing. Nothing changed. Oh well. I'll deal with it and hope magically one day it fixes itself.

I wonder if that major controller update for Steam awhile back messed with a lot

Last edited:

ezidro3

May 31, 2021
Personally losing my mind now that I've realized my laptop is underperforming compared to other exact matches in the Time Spy benchmark. Like they score upwards of 7000-8000 meanwhile I'm sitting nice and pretty right below 6000. Wtf. This Windows installation is barely a year old.

setsuna

Aug 16, 2023
Personally losing my mind now that I've realized my laptop is underperforming compared to other exact matches in the Time Spy benchmark. Like they score upwards of 7000-8000 meanwhile I'm sitting nice and pretty right below 6000. Wtf. This Windows installation is barely a year old.

It may not be Windows but thermal throttling instead. Not every laptop spec is the same. Thermals can matter a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.