• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
You can't add RDR2 as non-Steam Shortcut because you can't even run game from Shortcut on Desktop that was created by Launcher itself XD Instead of starting Launcher when you run executable you get message to run game from Launcher XD
Yeah, creating a desktop shortcut is pointless. Why does the launcher even allow it lol

I've put in a refund request anyway

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I just tested RDR2 and I realized that Water Physics settings impacts performance the most for me XD That is kinda random.

Gevin

Nov 2, 2017
Any games getting delisted soon like little witch academia?

Speaking of which

Screenshot_20191105-184801_Discord.jpg

Jun 23, 2019
Forgive me if this the wrong thread for it, but I had a question as someone who has an old gaming rig and is trying to upgrade. So I have a rig I built back in 2011 with an obsolete motherboard, CPU, GPU, etc. Would it be feasible to completely build a brand new PC capable of running 4K gaming, but still be able to use the HDD and SSD from the old PC? I wasn't too sure if there was possibly a compatibility issue or not.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so it's back?

Here's hoping we get a new season (we won't unfortunately :( )
I'm currently at the place of hoping we get a home video release with the dub of the current stuff. Since only the TV series is left that you can legally watch with the dub... the OVAs are dead and gone and the TV series likely only has a year left or so :/

After that I would be back to hoping for another season given it's the only series Trigger has done that I personally would consider to be a great series.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Forgive me if this the wrong thread for it, but I had a question as someone who has an old gaming rig and is trying to upgrade. So I have a rig I built back in 2011 with an obsolete motherboard, CPU, GPU, etc. Would it be feasible to completely build a brand new PC capable of running 4K gaming, but still be able to use the HDD and SSD from the old PC? I wasn't too sure if there was possibly a compatibility issue or not.
You can always reuse HDD and SDD as they tend to have backwards compatible pins, only problem with them is that they might be old and prone to failure, but they are good as secondary drives. You can also reuse your power unit (and case) if you so want too.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't risk reusing 8 year old PSU. HDD&SSD at least won't break other parts if they break, so they're still okay.

Jun 23, 2019
You can always reuse HDD and SDD as they tend to have backwards compatible pins, only problem with them is that they might be old and prone to failure, but they are good as secondary drives. You can also reuse your power unit (and case) if you so want too.

Oh ok, that's good to know. I'll use the drives as secondaries to the new ones I'll buy. The power unit is 750w so it should be good to go. The case is donezo lol. I'll have to see what the best bang for buck GPU and CPU is as I'm trying to possibly do 4K gaming and try my hand at streaming.

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
After looking around, I actually don't think you're going to do much better than what you've already found if you absolutely want a 27" 1440p/144Hz monitor. There's an AOC monitor with identical features at roughly the same price, so it might actually be using the same panel as this Samsung model. There's very few professional reviews out there on this thing, and what I did find makes it sound like it has a lot of the same shortcomings as that AOC, namely: noticeable ghosting and poor color-reproduction compared to other VA panels of this type, but otherwise highly responsive.

If $300 is the maximum budget, you might actually get a bigger bang for your buck looking for a 24" display instead.

Gonna do a little more looking around though and I'll edit this post if I find anything worth mentioning.
Yeah i read about the ghosting issue... Apparently there is no perfect panel technology, they all have their negative points, but I have read that the VA panels are better in terms of image quality vs response time... Respect to the size of the monitor, I could go with 24'', but coming from 22'' and taking into account the resolution, I think 1440p is better on 27'' ... How difficult it is to decide on a monitor, taking into account that if there is something wrong I will not be able to return it since I do not live in states, so everything is more complicated ...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Yeah i read about the ghosting issue... Apparently there is no perfect panel technology, they all have their negative points, but I have read that the VA panels are better in terms of image quality vs response time... Respect to the size of the monitor, I could go with 24'', but coming from 22'' and taking into account the resolution, I think 1440p is better on 27'' ... How difficult it is to decide on a monitor, taking into account that if there is something wrong I will not be able to return it since I do not live in states, so everything is more complicated ...
Go ultrawide. You won't regret it. Note that you'll need a larger listed size though, since it's a longer diagonal, so if you were considering a 27" then you should look at 29" ultrawide. It's transformative.

BorntoPlay

Banned for Abusing Giftbot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Venezuela
Go ultrawide. You won't regret it. Note that you'll need a larger listed size though, since it's a longer diagonal, so if you were considering a 27" then you should look at 29" ultrawide. It's transformative.
Oh I don't like ultra wide and the shipping cost would be too costly, I have an RTX 2070 so I think 1440p 16:9 is better fit for me ..

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Oh ok, that's good to know. I'll use the drives as secondaries to the new ones I'll buy. The power unit is 750w so it should be good to go. The case is donezo lol. I'll have to see what the best bang for buck GPU and CPU is as I'm trying to possibly do 4K gaming and try my hand at streaming.

There is a good PC builders thread with lots of info and helpful people...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-pc-builders-thread-i-need-a-new-pc-v2.61531/

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
Correction: it's Opus Magnum plus Spacechem, only much harder.
I'm still at the beginning and I'm struggling a lot more than with either.
I'm curious, how much chemistry experience you have? One of the things I've noticed is it has very little explanation or tutorials and I'm curious to know how people receive it's difficulty, or how much it even makes sense to them.

I think it's the easiest zachrronics yet, but I don't know if it's because a. I'm used to zachrronics games b. Taken too much chemistry in my life or c. Actually easier.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
It seems Rockstar released RDR2 beta today, I hope they will fix the game for the official release next month.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm curious, how much chemistry experience you have? One of the things I've noticed is it has very little explanation or tutorials and I'm curious to know how people receive it's difficulty, or how much it even makes sense to them.

I think it's the easiest zachrronics yet, but I don't know if it's because a. I'm used to zachrronics games b. Taken too much chemistry in my life or c. Actually easier.
Absolutely none! I mean, I've studied ultra basic physics in high school, but there's nothing left in my brain all these years later.

But is there really any link to real life physics in this game? I think it was the lack of tutorial that threw me off. I didn't understand how to break double bounds (or even bounds), for example, and I was trying to find my way around it, until I understood you just needed to add hydrogen.
Similarly, I'm not totally sure in what sequence the things happen. Sometimes it feels like all the instructions in a line happens at the same time, but some other times it seems that some actions within a line have priority over others, even when they don't seem to contradict each other?
For example, I think the "result" action needs to be on a line of its own, or it will almost always contradict another action. Maybe.
So yeah, my difficulties are more the lack of explanations to the puzzle and the need to experiment and figure them out myself. I have trouble to relate that to the "real" rules of physics...

The solitaire is dope, though. 5 victories, 95 more to go to get the achievement!

Edit: also, I don't find my solutions really pretty or elegant so far. Maybe there's no need and it will happen later? But compared to how satisfying a "good" solution was in Opus Magnum, I end up going for practical but unsatisfying solutions... but I don't feel the drive to make them better even after the result screen. Maybe once the rules are more obvious to me...?

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone have any experience with Cyberpower PC? I'm thinking of picking up a PC from them for around $1,300 - $1,400. They have sales every day this month (and from what it seems like throughout most of the year) and I'm pretty tempted to pull the trigger for one tonight, plus, bonus it comes with a $50 Amex gift card. There's a coupon floating around for 5% off so between those two things it doesn't seem like I'll be spending too much more versus building it myself which tbh, still intimidates me a little bit. Do these big custom build sites have even bigger sales on Black Friday / Cyber Monday or is it all pretty much the same?

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Yeah unfortunately there's always a compromise when it comes to the type of panel you go with. IPS is probably the closest you'll get to a "perfect" panel type, despite being slightly slower than VA or especially TN, but IPS panels also come at a premium.

27" is absolutely the perfect "sweet-spot" for 1440p, but anything under $400 really limits your options. I completely understand wanting to upgrade to 27", it's basically the perfect size, so I'd personally try and see if I could stretch my budget to about $400, especially since you're unable to return whatever you buy if something is wrong.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Had no idea A Plague Tale: Innocence was on Origin Access Premier. I had also completely missed that Sea of Solitude is out and it is also on there ofc. Now I'm definitely gonna buy a month of Premier to play those and Fallen Order before going back to Basic.

Status
Not open for further replies.