• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone try out A Year of Rain?

store.steampowered.com

Save 90% on A Year Of Rain on Steam

A desolate realm, kept in flux by the rhythm of battle. A proving ground for those with great ambition. A Year Of Rain is the ultimate team real-time strategy game. Choose your faction, team up and take control of a legendary hero to lead your armies!

Seems interesting. Might pick up a 2 pack on green man gaming and give the second to a find to co op. Though this game is still heavily early access with full release in a year and a half according to the roadmap.

Also I see Planet Zoo on humble store now.

Oct 25, 2017
Any word on when/if Judgement is coming to PC?
AFAIK this is all we have:

I think the hurdles have been lowered by putting on Steam. I think that we were able to increase the player base because people who do not have PS4 can also play the games. At present, "JUDGE EYES" has not been decided yet, but it is considered as one of the options. We are in the process of considering the possibilities not only for Steam but also for other formats.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
AFAIK this is all we have:

I think the hurdles have been lowered by putting on Steam. I think that we were able to increase the player base because people who do not have PS4 can also play the games. At present, "JUDGE EYES" has not been decided yet, but it is considered as one of the options. We are in the process of considering the possibilities not only for Steam but also for other formats.
Fuck

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Just saw this:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete Edition Update:

2165052983ea7aaad80a4a4489b6450a134f366b.png

"Valkyria Chronicles 4 has been updated to the Complete Edition which now includes all bonus DLC!

Previous owners of Valkyria Chronicles 4 will automatically receive the Complete Edition content."

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Outer Worlds running well on PC or should I wait for a patch?
I played a couple of days ago but was getting random drops so not sure if its the game or my cpu since I don't really push my rig (i5-4670k,rx 580 8gb, 12gb ram on med-high settings)

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The impact of money laundering on the price of CS GO keys, since February 2018? And the effect of Valve's new policy to fight it at the end of October 2019.

L9V3UWQ.png

Zoom-in:

HUKPwyq.png

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is the first RPG I've ever played in my life where I intentionally chose not to have a romance, because the acting of Bastila is fucking horrendous. It's so bad. I almost made a thread about it. I just can't get over how bad it is. It's like the actor's reading the terms and conditions of a mortgage. No matter what the situation is, her being tortured on a starship, or confessing feelings to me, or being upset about her dad, every single moment with this character is like listening to someone reading the small print on a financial contract.

When the point of no return came, to initiate or decline a relationship with her:

"cognizant...I...I have feelings for you."

giphy.gif

Anyway, I'm currently 40-ish hours into this enjoyable classic, I think I'm in the last half of the game now. Hard to tell with my weird pace, it did take me 20 hours to get a damn lightsaber.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw this:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete Edition Update:

2165052983ea7aaad80a4a4489b6450a134f366b.png

"Valkyria Chronicles 4 has been updated to the Complete Edition which now includes all bonus DLC!

Previous owners of Valkyria Chronicles 4 will automatically receive the Complete Edition content."
Cool. Me falling off that game paid off.

IamAwake

Oct 27, 2017
I just got a new processor, should I get Borderlands 3 or The Outer Worlds? Got a code for one with my purchase. Note: I have access to gamepass.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask. What do you guys recommend for a sub 100$ speakers for my desktop? This will be mainly used for gaming and listening to music.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
With the new steam update you can remove the post game summary.....which I did.....so how do you get it back?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a place to look up the digital storefronts and their offline capabilities? I'm gonna be without Internet for a week so most of my usual games will be DOA.

I'd love to play Kenshi over this period, but I recently learned that Steam's offline mode kills workshop mods, so that's out; mods are half that game. (Seriously, wtf is the point of disabling mods when offline, that basically means they're a passive form of always-online DRM. Steam's offline mode is awful.)

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a place to look up the digital storefronts and their offline capabilities? I'm gonna be without Internet for a week so most of my usual games will be DOA.

I'd love to play Kenshi over this period, but I recently learned that Steam's offline mode kills workshop mods, so that's out; mods are half that game. (Seriously, wtf is the point of disabling mods when offline, that basically means they're a passive form of always-online DRM. Steam's offline mode is awful.)

I think you need to move/copy mod files from workshop folder to Kenshi installation folder. Maybe this Steam thread helps? They sell Kenshi on GOG too, so it's not like always-online DRM for mods is something inherent to the game.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I doubted that workshop thing but just tried it with Xcom 2 and huh, yeah, steam workshop does not really like to play well with offline mode.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Is this a new thing for the client? I remember playing Skyrim in offline mode back in the day and AFAIK the mods were not affected in any way.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
With the new steam update you can remove the post game summary.....which I did.....so how do you get it back?

... And that's why I never clicked on it. Thanks for confirming how ill-thought these updates continue to be.

I assume you've already searched the library settings though? It's not next to low bandwidth mode or anything?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'd guess Steam links Workshop subscriptions with (online) community features. For some reason. So when you're offline, it reads no subscriptions because that info is """online""", even though you have a physical directory containing the mods you downloaded.

Real weird.

JLP101

Oct 25, 2017
... And that's why I never clicked on it. Thanks for confirming how ill-thought these updates continue to be.

I assume you've already searched the library settings though? It's not next to low bandwidth mode or anything?

After you get an achievement, it automatically comes back...

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
I'm really impressed with Remote Steam Play. Just tried playing Dead or Alive hosted by my friend who's living in another city and it's actually really good! The input lag is noticeable, of course, but it's still really playable even if my internet speed is just mere 10 Mbps.

The news of Valve developing cloud gaming makes me cautiously excited.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really impressed with Remote Steam Play. Just tried playing Dead or Alive hosted by my friend who's living in another city and it's actually really good! The input lag is noticeable, of course, but it's still really playable even if my internet speed is just mere 10 Mbps.

The news of Valve developing cloud gaming makes me cautiously excited.
Yeah it's good, we've stuck with Parsec though since we're used to it

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Just Cause 4 got renamed to "Just Cause 4 Reloaded"

because reloaded is also name of group cracking games, google search results are what you'd expect.

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
Yeah it's good, we've stuck with Parsec though since we're used to it
I'm just happy that I can use the Remote Play with my okay-ish internet on Steam, whereas PS4's Play Together doesn't allow me to try the feature at all due to my limited internet speed. This feature actually tempt me to upgrade my internet lol

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just happy that I can use the Remote Play with my okay-ish internet on Steam, whereas PS4's Play Together doesn't allow me to try the feature at all due to my limited internet speed. This feature actually tempt me to upgrade my internet lol
Share Play on PS4 is ok, but it's got stupid limits. Like 1 hour before it closes and 1 person only.

Status
Not open for further replies.