• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
If you press "show less from this game" in the activity feed, is there a way to undo this later somehow?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I was asking for much less

qhoHNAC.png
Just a tip, it seems there was a bug in steam when adding the new library where it added some F2P games to libraries, you can remove them for easily by right click -> remove game. Otherwise, it shouldnt show you updates of f2p games unless you have them installed / in your library.

If you press "show less from this game" in the activity feed, is there a way to undo this later somehow?
Havent found a way yet.

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Everytime I see Just Cause 4 pop up on a steam sale they have a different subtitle. Reloaded, definitive, etc. They seem to be working on it still. Did that game turn around at all?

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
was it really "EGS fans" saying that?

surprised they're taking preorders on Steam, but I guess that probably does rule out EGS exclusivity

I would say it was people like me with pessimistic but realistic view on things that were calling for likely EGS exclusivity. I wonder (hope?) if Control didn't do quite as well as expected or maybe Epic just isn't throwing quite as much money around as previously. Or they are waiting for closer to release and try to go for it at that point but now that it's available for pre-purchase on Steam, that threat should be mostly gone.

Anyway, happy to see the game available both on Steam as well as EGS.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I would say it was people like me with pessimistic but realistic view on things that were calling for likely EGS exclusivity. I wonder (hope?) if Control didn't do quite as well as expected or maybe Epic just isn't throwing quite as much money around as previously. Or they are waiting for closer to release and try to go for it at that point but now that it's available for pre-purchase on Steam, that threat should be mostly gone.

Anyway, happy to see the game available both on Steam as well as EGS.

I always thought EGS exclusivity was unlikely since Kojima seems to be a very big Valve fan and maybe friends with Gabe Newell though I guess it did depend on how much control he had and how much control the publisher had over what store it ended up on.

IAchilleasI

Oct 27, 2017
header.jpg

So I finished The Norwood Suite yesterday, and it was really weird and fun. Great music, the level is so random full of secrets. Saw the guys next game is out Q1 2020 so wish listed that straight away.

Have you tried Off-Peak? It's a free game by the same devs, similar style.

store.steampowered.com

Off-Peak on Steam

You're stranded at a cathedral-like train station in the near future, searching for a ticket out of town. Explore the secret passageways, interact with strangers, dig for records, and get hypnotized by the soundtrack – a batch of original music courtesy of the band, Archie Pelago.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
I never understood everyone thinking it would EGS Exclusive. Isn't Control the only 505 game to have that? And it bombed as I understand.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
im still a bit confused by this. Their video is weird, almost promoting classic more then choice. How many games will you choose and how big will the pool be? Will there be games in classic that are not in choice?
there will be 10 games in your average humble choice and if you have humble classic you will get to choose 10 games.
some months may have more games in which even the classic will only get 10 picks, but in general there will be 10 games per month.

if you aren't enrolled in classic (which you do by subbing to this month and staying subbed without cancelling) then it will be $15 for a choice of 3 games of the 10 or $20 for a choice of 9 of the 10.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
there will be 10 games in your average humble choice and if you have humble classic you will get to choose 10 games.
some months may have more games in which even the classic will only get 10 picks, but in general there will be 10 games per month.

if you aren't enrolled in classic (which you do by subbing to this month and staying subbed without cancelling) then it will be $15 for a choice of 3 games of the 10 or $20 for a choice of 9 of the 10.

Oh, that makes sense, thanks. They shouldn't have called it classic, they should have called it "choice premier" or something because it makes it sound like there is no change at all.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that makes sense, thanks. They shouldn't have called it classic, they should have called it "choice premier" or something because it makes it sound like there is no change at all.
it's called classic to likely imply that you have to be involved with the older humble bundles. and in general most months it will not really be a change you just get 10 games instead of a variable amount :P

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
There will not be much of a change for Classic subs except we will now get 10 games every month and nothing will be hidden. Classic won't be available to new subscribers or if you unsub at any point.
The actual Choice Premium lets you choose 9 games and is more expensive which is why they say "hey get on this deal and never unsub!"

(note, I have not seen any video about Choice so I only know about it all from the email and site)

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
You can't remove it altogether, but if you right click an update from a game you're not interested in, you can now tell the client to show less of it. I did that twice on a a game and it stopped showing up in the feed.

I do this for all games in the news section until the "show less from this game" option is exhausted but some games still show updates, unfortunately it doesn't stop them completely from showing updates but it does indeed show significantly less of them.

Those "Whats new" comes from games you own! Steam isnt showing you shit you have no interes in by default, but showing you updates from games you have bought / have in your library.

Some "News" do indeed advertise games that you don't own or dlc unfortunately, and besides games in your library are competing for your attention for various reasons.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can't remove it altogether, but if you right click an update from a game you're not interested in, you can now tell the client to show less of it. I did that twice on a a game and it stopped showing up in the feed.
Sounds like work that will never end.
It only asks and shows me for stuff I own.

How many things do you own on steam then?
Just a tip, it seems there was a bug in steam when adding the new library where it added some F2P games to libraries, you can remove them for easily by right click -> remove game. Otherwise, it shouldnt show you updates of f2p games unless you have them installed / in your library.

Havent found a way yet.
Removing games to remove that section is like burning down the house to get rid of roaches. And f2p stuff can be added via script 5000 at a time. Seriously it's my library and I should be able to freely choose what is displayed there. Unless the goal here is invasive aggressive advertisement, people didn't like egs in game ads lol - this is very similar.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Have you tried Off-Peak? It's a free game by the same devs, similar style.

store.steampowered.com

Off-Peak on Steam

You're stranded at a cathedral-like train station in the near future, searching for a ticket out of town. Explore the secret passageways, interact with strangers, dig for records, and get hypnotized by the soundtrack – a batch of original music courtesy of the band, Archie Pelago.

Yeah, thanks. I actually played this before Norwood. Definitely worth checking out to give you a small insight to what Norwood is like, plus it's free.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
I just played the first hour of Death Stranding and wack doesn't even begin to describe it ( ͡ʘ ͜ʖ ͡ʘ)

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Some "News" do indeed advertise games that you don't own or dlc unfortunately, and besides games in your library are competing for your attention for various reasons.
I mean, I quite agree with it, I do understand DLC or sequels (as it can be more content for a game you liked), but not when they try and advertise other games from the dev. I also would like if it had more easily customizable and understandable levels what does "less/more like this" actually mean?

Removing games to remove that section is like burning down the house to get rid of roaches. And f2p stuff can be added via script 5000 at a time. Seriously it's my library and I should be able to freely choose what is displayed there. Unless the goal here is invasive aggressive advertisement, people didn't like egs in game ads lol - this is very similar.
I mean, if you didnt play those f2p games and were added by a glitch to your library, there is no problem to remove them, as it would also help to clean your library. If you decide to run a script to add 5000 f2p at a time it is your issue of making your library harder to use (similar to when you add too many bundle games you never intend to play).
There is also a big gap in "invasive aggressive advertisement" when this is just THE SAME CONTENT THAT ALREADY APPEARED IN EACH INDIVIDUAL GAME PAGE IN THE LIBRARY but streamlined so that you can see more than the 2-3 games you normally play (and push you to... you know play other games you own?). On the other hand, you have egs having prompts to buy a game (not something you already own getting an update you might be interested on which is very likely not paid), in any possible occassion (which the best equivalent in Steam would be the optional but toggled by default window when you start Steam).

Willy

Oct 27, 2017
Library
  • Brought back Small Mode library view and updated to work with Steam Collections and the new Steam Library
  • Added a library setting to hide game icons in the Steam Library's left column game list
  • Fixed download progress bar and status wrapping to a second line on game pages on smaller windows
  • Compressed game page links bar to one line on smaller Steam windows
  • Post-game summary, game review reminder and other dynamic content on game pages will now fill only one column on wider Steam windows
  • Fixed occasional crashes caused when uninstalling games
  • Fixed Steam client crash after exiting some AutoCloud-enabled games
  • Fixed a case where game icons would sometimes not properly be downloaded and used for the game's desktop shortcut when installing a game. For for previously installed games affected by the problem, validating game contents and recreating the shortcuts should fix the issue.

That's great news. Credit to Valve for listening and acting so quickly.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Synthetik Is pretty good and exactly the kind of game i'm into these days, that Raptor boss though...

I mean, I quite agree with it, I do understand DLC or sequels (as it can be more content for a game you liked), but not when they try and advertise other games from the dev. I also would like if it had more easily customizable and understandable levels what does "less/more like this" actually mean?

I would like to see upcoming games from devs i like even if they aren't sequels but only if the section had a lot more options. I don't like the prominent position it has and those vague show more less levels. I want to show only specific games and devs not the hundreds of games and devs in my library.

Last edited:

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man preorders like over 6 months ahead starting on the console launch date is a ballsy move 505.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Synthetik Is pretty good and exactly the kind of game i'm into these days, that Raptor boss though...

I would like to see upcoming games from devs i like even if they aren't sequels but only if the section had a lot more options. I don't like the prominent position it has and those vague show more less levels. I want to show only specific games and devs not the hundreds of games and devs in my library.
Valve is working on that currently as an email form (with Cyberpunk being the first example of that), but it seems they are slow at that :P
I think only showing specific games would defeat the point of the system of... actually realizing some games you havent played in a while got a major update, as they would never be on your "approved" list.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Valve is working on that currently as an email form (with Cyberpunk being the first example of that), but it seems they are slow at that :P
I think only showing specific games would defeat the point of the system of... actually realizing some games you havent played in a while got a major update, as they would never be on your "approved" list.

I think there are a lot of options that could handle that but it would obviously require more work. The default behavior could be the current system and a more customizable version enabled in the options with various filter. I think forcing people to watch news from hundreds of games that they may have no interest in is very likely to make them never pay any attention to the section.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I'm very curious how many games and daily news people who don't like the news section have. The ones who think that this thing is a hassle.

I have around 630 non-hidden games and I get 0-5 updates per day in general. I'm actually a little sad that it's not more! I have never used show less either so I'm very interested in how people get so many news posts.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
I'm very curious how many games and daily news people who don't like the news section have. The ones who think that this thing is a hassle.

I have around 630 non-hidden games and I get 0-5 updates per day in general. I'm actually a little sad that it's not more! I have never used show less either so I'm very interested in how people get so many news posts.

It also depends on what games you have in your library, some gaas/f2p games spam the news section.

Status
Not open for further replies.