• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 30, 2018
Yn7yhRO.png

does anyone know why my copy of control is blanked out in the library section of the EGS app?

FU2Bdy9.png

store still shows that i own it. but i can't install it (i uninstalled it after i beat it a month or so ago)

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
If my Monthly is currently paused, will it still convert to Classic on December 6th?

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you didnt play those f2p games and were added by a glitch to your library, there is no problem to remove them, as it would also help to clean your library. If you decide to run a script to add 5000 f2p at a time it is your issue of making your library harder to use (similar to when you add too many bundle games you never intend to play).
There is also a big gap in "invasive aggressive advertisement" when this is just THE SAME CONTENT THAT ALREADY APPEARED IN EACH INDIVIDUAL GAME PAGE IN THE LIBRARY but streamlined so that you can see more than the 2-3 games you normally play (and push you to... you know play other games you own?). On the other hand, you have egs having prompts to buy a game (not something you already own getting an update you might be interested on which is very likely not paid), in any possible occassion (which the best equivalent in Steam would be the optional but toggled by default window when you start Steam).
....if you did that then you clearly made a choice regarding what you want to see in your library.
You are trying to prove the earth is flat or something.
Know what this is?
caGxcHW.png

Same for that shitty what's new and you can scroll through it all day and I don't have to see it ever, see how easy it is.

I'm very curious how many games and daily news people who don't like the news section have. The ones who think that this thing is a hassle.

I have around 630 non-hidden games and I get 0-5 updates per day in general. I'm actually a little sad that it's not more! I have never used show less either so I'm very interested in how people get so many news posts.
1 a day is too much, 1 a week is too much, 1 a year is too much, 1 ever is too much.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Removing games to remove that section is like burning down the house to get rid of roaches. And f2p stuff can be added via script 5000 at a time. Seriously it's my library and I should be able to freely choose what is displayed there. Unless the goal here is invasive aggressive advertisement, people didn't like egs in game ads lol - this is very similar.

Which is why I was neutral because I haven't come across anything that I didn't own or F2P in mine. Probably because as the really only F2P game I played on steam has been Warframe in the past.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
cE0Qshi.png

Finished Life is Strange 2 Episode 1. Technically I finished it at launch, but that was over a year ago(!) so I figured it's good to replay it. Something the Life is Strange social media team agree with at least, given how hard they're pushing this global replay thing in advance of the release of Episode 5 in December.

So, I appreciate how bold the team at DONTNOD were in going for a radically different story. Going back to your old home town, struggling at college/university for all sorts of reasons, reconnecting with old friends, that's a fairly relatable story to me as a white cis male. But a giant continental road trip, on the run from the authorities and seeking refuge in a different country? That's rather less so, though tragically all too relatable for too many around the world. One of the big benefits of telling stories through video games is that you can get put into the shoes of someone widely outside of your perspective, and I'm glad they're telling a very different story. The excellent performance from Sean's Voice Actor, Gonzalo Martin, is especially helpful in putting you into Sean's shoes, showing you his optimism and heartbreak. The lived in feel of the environments is right there again, and there's real pleasure in just taking your time to wander through each location, seeing all those mundane, quiet parts of life.

Of course, a road trip story means that you'll only ever see these locations briefly, side characters fluttering in and out of relevance. Chloe's Room, the Two Whales Diner, Kate Marsh and Victoria Chase all felt like real places and people, places and people that you cared deeply about because you kept returning to them. Life is Strange 2 has a tall order to live up to those.

AvPAE2w.png

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Still on my ongoing Gamepass adventures, I decided to download Crackdown 3.
Is Crackdown 3 campaign worth playing? Or should I just play the multiplayer mode?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Getting a GamePass trial gave me an opportunity to find out the Windows Store is still crap and the experience hasn't improved since I last used it over a year ago. About halfway through downloading Gears 5 my computer froze, requiring me to hit the reset button. I don't remember the last time it has done that, it's been so long, yet an hour or two after using the Win Store and Xbox app there it is. I reboot and it carries on, and close to 100% downloaded my computer is running at a crawl. I let it finish, and it's still slow as hell. Turns out the RAM was 98% full, so there's probably a memory leak in the Xbox app. Another reboot. Finally I went to add a shortcut icon for convenience... and you can't do that. Well, Google says there's a work-around but it's certainly not intuitive. Sigh.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Oct 27, 2017

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Just another reminder that Pathologic 2 has native controller support now and it works very well. Just played through the marble nest dlc which is only 2 and a bit hours long and much less stressful than the main game if you want to ease into the game. You own it automatically if you bought the game before the 28th last month

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Anyone been playing 11 11 from last months humble bundle? Getting shockingly abysmal performance in the second area at 4k with a 2080ti no matter the settings and don't know if it was designed for 30 fps or what. Like drops to the low 40s

Last edited:

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Is it just me, or did they remove the What's New shelf? It's not showing up for me.

d9mh8dh3nf79kli.png

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Is Killer Instinct worth a download for the story mode? Looking to see what else to play on Gamepass, it'll probably be either that or Crackdown.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
they added an option to hide it, But I have it checked to show and what's new not showing for me anymore either maybe a bug?

V4T1CHc.png
Ah, but as far as I'm aware, this option is for the window that appears at launch - are you sure this has an impact on What's New specifically?

It's enabled though, and nothing is showing. Odd!

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The limited thing is likely referring to if you click to the store page and how the game won't show up in the store searches and whatnot. Basically it sounds to me like they want people that are already very interested to buy it and provide feedback rather than selling to 50k people that launch it for 30 mins and then wait until 1.0

I am still trying to understand Epic Store Top Seller list and i still can't XD Metro is still in Top 10 and actually moved up a bit without sale, but price did drop, Detroit entered the list even though there is still no release date, Ghost Recon Breakpoint is almost in Top 10,...

Metro actually appears to have had a MSRP cut, at least in NA. Was 59.99, now 39.99.

Breakpoint probably just because, even if it sucks shit, its probably a game that sells well, just not what Ubisoft wants it to be at.

Detroit I guess had a release date tease recently:

If the sales on the store aren't very high (which seems likely, at least for the bottom 10) I can see a tease like that bumping it up.

Last edited:

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
I am pretty sure that they just promote games they want to promote in that list. It is a top sellers list with non specified criteria for what qualifies as a top seller It actually does say top 20 but it doesn't say anywhere that it is ordered from highest selling to lowest.

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The limited thing is likely referring to if you click to the store page and how the game won't show up in the store searches and whatnot. Basically it sounds to me like they want people that are already very interested to buy it and provide feedback rather than selling to 50k people that launch it for 30 mins and then wait until 1.0

Metro actually appears to have had a MSRP cut, at least in NA. Was 59.99, now 39.99.

Breakpoint probably just because, even if it sucks shit, its probably a game that sells well, just not what Ubisoft wants it to be at.

Detroit I guess had a release date tease recently:

If the sales on the store aren't very high (which seems likely, at least for the bottom 10) I can see a tease like that bumping it up.

I mean Death Stranding is i Top 5 on Steam and nowhere to be seen on Epic Store. That also puts in question how often data for that list is actually refreshed.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean Death Stranding is i Top 5 on Steam and nowhere to be seen on Epic Store. That also puts in question how often data for that list is actually refreshed.

Yeah, it's obviously not nearly real time like Steam's is.

Though honestly I can't imagine there's a ton of people that would bother with preordering DS there (or Cyberpunk, or Vampire). The only tool the store really has is exclusivity, so without any incentive, I don't know if there's much of a base for that.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, it's obviously not nearly real time like Steam's is.

Though honestly I can't imagine there's a ton of people that would bother with preordering DS there (or Cyberpunk, or Vampire). The only tool the store really has is exclusivity, so without any incentive, I don't know if there's much of a base for that.

Lots of people bought RDR2 on Epic Store because there were better regional pricing than anywhere else including Rockstar Store. So there is reason to use the Store outside of exclusivity. And apparently Epic Store had a lots of price mistakes in regions (now I don't know if those were intentional or not because Epic actually sets the prices not publisher because there is lack of backend) for Death Stranding.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Ah, but as far as I'm aware, this option is for the window that appears at launch - are you sure this has an impact on What's New specifically?

It's enabled though, and nothing is showing. Odd!
This doesn't do anything for my news section even after restart. I don't think it affects it at all.
Ahhhh I just saw that setting today and figured it was for the what's new section. My bad

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
They don't seem to have any sadly.

I haven't looked into it in a while, but when I did they seemed pretty tough to get. I also bought mine at EB games but that was quite a few years ago at this point. There may be one close to you on kijiji. Doesn't seem it is stocked anywhere anymore.

edit: depending where you at you could maybe get one in the states, or have a service do it for you.

I'm also seeing it's possible EB games has one but it isn't on display anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.