• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
We singles are the most threatened minority in society, even more so than white males and christian americans
1675.jpg

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
AaSdPcZ.png

Finished 'The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit', which is a really lovely introduction to Life is Strange 2, even though chronologically it fits in between Episode's 1 and 2. It's a sweet, short, small scale story, just a handful of characters that you don't really get to interact with. But DONTNOD nail the lived in feel of Chris' house, and you get to explore it through the imagination of a child, which is a real delight.

Next up, Episode 2!

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
AaSdPcZ.png

Finished 'The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit', which is a really lovely introduction to Life is Strange 2, even though chronologically it fits in between Episode's 1 and 2. It's a sweet, short, small scale story, just a handful of characters that you don't really get to interact with. But DONTNOD nail the lived in feel of Chris' house, and you get to explore it through the imagination of a child, which is a real delight.

Next up, Episode 2!
Nice. I didn't even know about this. It's also free on every platform.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming the Ryzen 3900x has better pricing in the US?

Because in the UK, the i9-9900k is cheaper lol

Looking to upgrade from my i5-6600k

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Looked at Gameplay Time tracker stats today, saw that i already spent 24h playing RDR2. I guess it is time to admit that i have an issue xD

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Is that supposed to be tomorrow? Cuz that's Remembrance day here, not sure how being single plays into that. Started playing Hellblade last night through Galaxy. Galaxy's registering achievements, but not tracking my play time, weird.

The game itself's pretty good, except for the stupid idea to hardcode the cursor keys as camera controls. I had to remap movement to the numpad keys instead, and it's all right, except sometimes in combat my fingers still twitch towards the cursor buttons. Combat isn't too bad- I've got a bunch of deaths (many of them from falling off thin beams), but I think the game's pretty genererous with taking away the rot when I complete chapters, even on Hard.

I kinda wish the lorestones weren't in it, though. They're great at giving flavour text, but they are also collectibles and the OCD part of my brain insists on exploring every bit of level looking for them instead of paying attention to the visuals.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That new RDR2 DF thread is going about as well as it could 🤠 What is it about this game that people are getting their knives out for?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
on topic, Youtube algorythm has actually been suggesting a lot of Skyrim videos lately, and all of them have SEXY LADIES on the thumbnails, and names like "why I still play skyrim" and whatnot, coincidence or era conspiracy? you be the judge.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Is there really no way to make Steam Big Picture mode to start on one of my secondary monitor? Other than the option in BPM's settings to make that second monitor the new primary one?

My TV is my third monitor in windows and I'd love for Big Picture to always start there... I can't find anything online

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Update, still no Achievement notifications, and I'm out of ideas. The Xbox Console Companion has notifications enabled, the Focus Assist settings look correct, I checked services.msc and the following are all running: Connected User Experience, Xbox Live Networking Service, Xbox Live Auth Manager. I haven't changed any of this stuff since they used to work last time I played an MS Win Store game last year.

I see 50 people here said they had the same question, and of course MS were no help, which is the same as any time I've posted on their official forums about their stuff not working.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there really no way to make Steam Big Picture mode to start on one of my secondary monitor? Other than the option in BPM's settings to make that second monitor the new primary one?

My TV is my third monitor in windows and I'd love for Big Picture to always start there... I can't find anything online
Also would love to know. Had no luck with that some months ago.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Damnit, I was all set to play Football Manager 19 once I finish KOTOR, but I randomly remembered the existence of Endless Legend, and now I'm watching Lets Plays... I might play this next instead. More like Endless Backlog...

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Damnit, I was all set to play Football Manager 19 once I finish KOTOR, but I randomly remembered the existence of Endless Legend, and now I'm watching Lets Plays... I might play this next instead. More like Endless Backlog...

The good thing about Endless legend is the races play different enough that even if you don't like how one plays you will probably find some other that you like.
I want to try some other games from my backlog but i am stuck with Synthetik, i can't move on until i defeat the last boss, i am too stubborn.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
The good thing about Endless legend is the races play different enough that even if you don't like how one plays you will probably find some other that you like.
I want to try some other games from my backlog but i am stuck with Synthetik, i can't move on until i defeat the last boss, i am too stubborn.

I'm loving everything I've seen of EL, the visuals, the lore, the soundtrack, the depth, it's got pops, customisation for units, it's like they just threw every mechanic they could think of into a blender.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
By some minor miracle I actually got the Windows version of Metro Exodus to work in DX12. Surprised that the game actually runs well with RTX Ultra at 1080p/60fps on a 2070 Super, at least in Volga. I've heard the latter areas perform worse though.

Status
Not open for further replies.