• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
You'll still get 1 more Cpu cycle out of AM4 for 2020. But 2021 and beyond will require a new socket as well as new memory, DDR5. Still amazing that I will have been using my same motherboard from 2017 until 2020 and getting yearly CPU upgrades while selling off my prior CPU so the upgrade cost wasn't too bad. Dunno if I will do it again next year but I might as it typically only costs me about $100 to upgrade.
Hmm, in that case I may do my build next summer if 2021 will be the change over to DDR5. I'll probably go with whatever AMD puts out next year that's the 3900x refresh.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
So, I can't see any advertising for the singles day if I'm logged onto Steam. Have to access the page directly from the browser otherwise the WB publisher weekend gets preference. No ads when opening the client either.

D-does Gabe think I'm not single?

It's for China only, unless you use direct link.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So Stadia, a streaming platform backed by one of the biggest corporations in the world has decided to launch their service with... 12 games. Only one of them exclusive to the service, and it has 3 Tomb raider games. And only 14 new games by the end of the year.

EJG3PX6UwAAQALS.png

https://www.blog.google/products/stadia/lineup-games-coming-to-stadia/

giphy.gif

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
So Stadia, a streaming platform backed by one of the biggest corporations in the world has decided to launch their service with... 12 games. Only one of them exclusive to the service, and it has 3 Tomb raider games. And only 14 new games by the end of the year.

EJG3PX6UwAAQALS.png

https://www.blog.google/products/stadia/lineup-games-coming-to-stadia/

giphy.gif
That is... honestly, genuinely pathetic.
How the hell would Just Dance work? Are there any motion controllers compatible with Stadia?

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Let's put it this way, Doom, the game that convinced Google that Stadia would work, is not launching in 2019 in Stadia.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
www.gog.com

GOG.com

Download the best classic and new games on Windows, Mac & Linux. A vast selection of titles, DRM-free, with free goodies and 30-day money-back guarantee.

Hedon on GOG Connect if you purchase it via Steam.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of which, what the hell happened to that Neo Geo Collection? It was supposed to be out "this fall," and there hasn't been a peep about it since August.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have much experience with Radeon ReLive and would you recommend using it for screenshots, gameplay capture and streaming?

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Thank you, Uzzy! You always do an amazing job with these monthly threads. The Blade Runner retro spotlight encouraged me to get the game up and running on ScummVM. Such a brilliant adventure game that does it's source material proud. :)

Thank you! And glad to hear it, I should put some time into Blade Runner too. I got it up and running and haven't booted it up since.

Just played the rather short Coffee Talk demo. It's very much a hipster version of Va-11 Hall-A, which I greatly appreciate, even though brewing coffee for everyone feels like a betrayal of my tea loving roots. The actual brewing mechanic is relatively straight forwards, with customers either directly asking for something or asking for a drink based on their mood, so you'll have to look through the menu to see what suits them. There wasn't a lot of story stuff in the demo, just your writer friend lamenting her writer's block, and an elf and succubus dealing with their families not wanting them to date. But it was a promising teaser at least.

The aesthetic is really quite lovely too, very chill, and the lo-fi jazzy music makes it feel like the Frasier reboot.

p3zkvaV.png
3ZBs8H8.png
0O003E1.png
wzDySbP.png

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! And glad to hear it, I should put some time into Blade Runner too. I got it up and running and haven't booted it up since.

Just played the rather short Coffee Talk demo. It's very much a hipster version of Va-11 Hall-A, which I greatly appreciate, even though brewing coffee for everyone feels like a betrayal of my tea loving roots. The actual brewing mechanic is relatively straight forwards, with customers either directly asking for something or asking for a drink based on their mood, so you'll have to look through the menu to see what suits them. There wasn't a lot of story stuff in the demo, just your writer friend lamenting her writer's block, and an elf and succubus dealing with their families not wanting them to date. But it was a promising teaser at least.

The aesthetic is really quite lovely too, very chill, and the lo-fi jazzy music makes it feel like the Frasier reboot.
the presentation is just SO GOOD

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
You can add it as non-Steam game with UWPHook and use the Steam controller configs as usual.
Never had any issues with an Xbox One controller. Worked as I expect it does on the consoles.

Only complaints was the radial menu to select weapons, which sometimes would close after selecting a weapon but not actually switch. I just tapped Y to cycle weapons instead of using the radial menu.

Also choosing a specific slot to equip a weapon is a bit odd, having it not just go in the first slot takes a few button presses in a menu that is not very readable.
Thanks for the info (and sorry for the late reply). Any info about DS4 support (since that's my controller of choice)? Would adding it to Steam as a non-Steam game still let me use the universal controller support?

Edit: I googled a bit and it doesn't look good. Some say you need DS4Windows, but others say that even that won't work for them... 😬

Edit 2: also found some posts on Era with conflicting info arrgh. I'd be using it wired. Colfari said he used a DS4, wired, with no issue, so that's promising.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the info (and sorry for the late reply). Any info about DS4 support (since that's my controller of choice)? Would adding it to Steam as a non-Steam game still let me use the universal controller support?

Edit: I googled a bit and it doesn't look good. Some say you need DS4Windows, but others say that even that won't work for them... 😬

Edit 2: also found some posts on Era with conflicting info arrgh. I'd be using it wired. Colfari said he used a DS4, wired, with no issue, so that's promising.
I never tried it with Gamepass games since I don't have the service, but Steam Input works fine with DS4 wired or not, it's all I have been using to game on PC since January.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I never tried it with Gamepass games since I don't have the service, but Steam Input works fine with DS4 wired or not, it's all I have been using to game on PC since January.
But I'm reading that since Outer Worlds isn't on Steam it can't have Steam Input since there's no Steam overlay...

Oct 27, 2017

p3zkvaV.png
3ZBs8H8.png
0O003E1.png
wzDySbP.png

This looks cute. This is the sort of game I wish I could make.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm recording with it all the time and it's excellent. I'm using OBS for streaming though cause it's easier to setup different window layouts there.
Awesome. Is there much of a performance hit? I've got a 5700 and a 1440p monitor (only 75hz though). OBS would probably be overkill for me because any streaming would mainly be just to get a recording without wasting the storage space.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
But I'm reading that since Outer Worlds isn't on Steam it can't have Steam Input since there's no Steam overlay...
Should really only be an issue with the Game Pass or xbox store version with their UWP, or "not UWP" but still restricted games. I believe Epic version should work fine as non steam game but I can't confirm since I won't ever buy on Epic.
While I had Game Pass to try out I used it on The Outer Worlds and other games like it but with a program called GloSC so that I could use my steam controller but it works with any controller. You don't have to add the game .exe directly because it won't always work. Just add the Xbox app and name the steam shortcut to it after whatever game you intend to play with the shortcut, like The Outer Worlds. The program makes it so the steam overlay is active on your desktop so you can use it on anything. But if you want to edit your configuration without tabbing out of the game you will need to play in borderless windowed mode.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Wish Valve would fix the overlay for non-steam games, it worked fine before the new layout. Even in the beta.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish the Home button could be used to bring up the overlay even when not using Input. Sucks to have a dead button on games with native compatibility, and having to use the keyboard to access the overlay.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Finished Deus Ex HR without killing anyone or getting spotted. Didn't get either achievement for doing that. Also, I literally never heard the phrase "I never asked for this" as far as I can remember. Maybe I missed it. What a massive disappointment.

THIS GAME
S U C K S

In all seriousness, I am really looking forward to playing Mankind Divided. I've seen it come and go in so many bundles. Should've snatched it!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Finished Deus Ex HR without killing anyone or getting spotted. Didn't get either achievement for doing that.

THIS GAME
S U C K S

Also, I literally never heard the phrase "I never asked for this" as far as I can remember. Maybe I missed it. What a massive disappointment.
Did you arrive to the Detroit plant in time to disarm the bomb? If you take too long messing around Sarif industries, some hostages are dead once you get there already.

Also, wallpunch takedowns are always lethal.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Did you arrive to the Detroit plant in time to disarm the bomb? If you take too long messing around Sarif industries, some hostages are dead once you get there already.

Also, wallpunch takedowns are always lethal.

No, I went straight for that knowing that delaying it messes up the mission. Also always made sure not to let people drop off ledges and double checked all my tranq rifle takedowns because that can apparently bug out and kill anyway. It must've been one of the people I stuffed into a vent. I read somewhere that the physics can bug out and they can randomly die. Should've heeded that warning. Never used wall punch for takedowns either.

The not raising an alarm anywhere achievement hurts most. Literally never had an alarm go off and always got the Smooth Operator bonus at every possible objective. What a load of bullshit :')

At least I got the Factory Zero one in Missing Link properly. That was a fun challenge (completing it without augs or weapons).

Status
Not open for further replies.