• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
If you focus on stealth early and do all the bonus objectives in the GreyBox, stealth becomes hilariously broken mid-way though Saudi Arabia. Once you unlock the skill that points out all enemies and the direction they are facing, it's GG for the difficulty.

Even bosses become a cakewalk to a good CQC stealth build (yes, even Brayko- provided you spike his coke before the raid. Oh, and the CQC ultimate skill interrupts his knifing sequence and leaves him stunned). Stealth takes a little bit to get going, but once it does, it's just as OP as that one pistol skill every reviewer wrote about.
Thanks for the info
I will keep that in mind for a future playthru
I am trying to remember if i spiked their drink or not in my last playthru @_@

Oct 27, 2017

If you want to triple down on the immersion factor, be sure to add in streaming radio stations customized to your personal tastes.

Listening to your faves is the secret sauce to really Zen gameplay sessions.

Funnily enough I was going to ask about this too but gave it a quick Google instead. Really appreciate the link. Being from the UK it's going to be pretty cool tuning into some US stations while playing this.

kafiend

Oct 25, 2017
Funnily enough I was going to ask about this too but gave it a quick Google instead. Really appreciate the link. Being from the UK it's going to be pretty cool tuning into some US stations while playing this.
I've done the whole adding radio stations to the games and trucked all over the place listening to them but these days I just stick on Spotify in the background and get it to play playlists of the things it thinks I like. Much better for the additional dopamine rush from the good music on top of the dopamine rush I already get from just playing the game :P

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
does anyone have tags for that support a creator thing on the epic store? if im gonna spend money there, might as well get money back, right?

never mind, looks like you can just type random letters and a list appears.

Last edited:

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Just curious, I'm currently at this point in Disco Elysium

I've just found Ruby and it's Day 5

How much of the main questline remains?

You have a few more missions left, but you are fairly close to the end.
That's a point of no return though (I think it also says so in the mission list).
So, make sure to finish missions you are interested in, because after that you'll be unable to complete some of them.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So my issue with workshop mods not working in Kenshi might be a bug. Just noticed that CK2's workshop mods are working fine while offline, while in Kenshi they're MIA.

Didn't consider it could be on their end.

Also, you can't just transfer the mods from workshop to mod folder, due to a difference in file structure. So that's a bust, too.

I'd reach out to the dev's in hope of a fix... but I can't download it anyways so yeah.

Oh well.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So my issue with workshop mods not working in Kenshi might be a bug. Just noticed that CK2's workshop mods are working fine while offline, while in Kenshi they're MIA.

Also, you can't just transfer the mods from workshop to mod folder, due to a difference in file structure. So that's a bust, too.

I'd reach out to the dev's in hope of a fix... but I can't download it anyways so yeah.
Yeah, was surprised when you said that because I have played tons of Stellaris and HoI4 mods without Steam being active. Workshop basically acts by downloading files into a specific place, so it shouldnt matter whether or not you are online.

TheTrain

Oct 27, 2017

Oh well.
They are really fast at responding at feedback and such in the steam forum so yeah, reach them out!

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So I played some more of Life is Strange 2 - Episode 2 last night, and I need to say something.

So towards the end of Episode 1 Daniel ends up saving/stealing a cute little dog that he names Mushroom. You get to play fetch with her for a moment at the end of Episode 1, and she's around at the start of Episode 2 for a brief period of time before she gets bloodily killed by a cougar.

That's some bullshit. It's just forcing more emotional sadness onto the story (where your father got killed by the cops) without actually spending any time building Mushroom up as a character. You barely get to spend any time with her. Sean and Daniel are rightly sad, but I've barely spent any time with Mushroom so there's nothing really there beyond 'sad that the dog died'. It's all too obvious and a surprising misstep to be honest

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
You're past the point of no return, maybe a couple of hours left of the game.
So I played some more of Life is Strange 2 - Episode 2 last night, and I need to say something.

So towards the end of Episode 1 Daniel ends up saving/stealing a cute little dog that he names Mushroom. You get to play fetch with her for a moment at the end of Episode 1, and she's around at the start of Episode 2 for a brief period of time before she gets bloodily killed by a cougar.

That's some bullshit. It's just forcing more emotional sadness onto the story (where your father got killed by the cops) without actually spending any time building Mushroom up as a character. You barely get to spend any time with her. Sean and Daniel are rightly sad, but I've barely spent any time with Mushroom so there's nothing really there beyond 'sad that the dog died'. It's all too obvious and a surprising misstep to be honest
LIS2 is just a...mediocre sequel at best. It tries too hard to score what LIS achieved easily but it fails everytime.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Well, Edmund wasn't lying about Bum-bo coming in hot. The game is rough as hell. No audio in the shop. Generally seems like it needs more sound effects. Some awkward UI stuff. It definitely needs some patches to polish things up.

That said, the core mechanics are really fun. Most gem-matching puzzle games I've played have encouraged you to either just hope for good luck or use brute force to match things quickly, but Bum-bo encourages you to really think through moves and rewards you for it. It's a lot of fun.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Any guide on how to do this? I use 3600 with b450 Tomahawk Max but left it at default because I have zero experience on overclocking.

Sorry I don't have a guide personally. I'm waiting on new GPUs and so I'm GPU bound all the time anyways so I've not bothered.

I've read a lot about it, but it is a bit different on different motherboards.

Just generally you want to download Ryzen Master, make a new profile and set it to Auto-Overclock and on the top left pick +100 or more mhz. Apply and restart then enter the BIOS and enable PBO (Precision Boost Overdrive) and set it to either enabled, enhanced or if you want to get detailed with it manual. This is raising the power limits, which is safe because the CPU wont ask for more voltage than it can handle, these settings just make sure the CPU is deciding how much power to take instead of an arbitrary limit.

It should be beneficial at this point to set a core voltage offset of -0.0500 to -0.0750 because the CPU tends to take more voltage than it actually needs.

Make sure to benchmark the CPU before and after so you know if your practical performance actually improves. Too low of a voltage offset will still show higher frequencies but performance will be lower because of clock stretching.

As I've said, not done it myself but there should be zero risk to doing this. Still, you are mucking around in a BIOS and clicking past warning notifications and so don't do it if you don't feel confident.

At the end of the day the performance increase is quite minor, the 3600x is basically never a recommended purchase because the higher frequency doesn't improve performance all that much.

Edit: Consider looking to DRAM calculator for Ryzen since overclocking RAM actually has a big impact on performance. You give it your RAM details and it spits out some likely safe overclock settings, you can take those settings and put them manually into your BIOS.

If I'm going from Intel to AMD, do I need to reset windows etc?

Can't hurt, but no definitely not necessary.

Last edited:

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Seeing 'you're unemployed' stated matter of factly in my inbox while playing Football Manager is quite a depressing sight. I'm glad I'm not playing this game while actually unemployed lol.

I've currently got 2 hours in this game and haven't even become a manager yet, been fiddling around with my avatar and reading tooltips a lot. But I've just had an interview with quite possibly the shittest looking team in the world. I hope I get it. They're about to start their season with MINUS 32 points, due to 'financial mismanagement'...did they get fined for corruption or something? How do you start a season with minus points!?

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
Well, Edmund wasn't lying about Bum-bo coming in hot. The game is rough as hell. No audio in the shop. Generally seems like it needs more sound effects. Some awkward UI stuff. It definitely needs some patches to polish things up.

That said, the core mechanics are really fun. Most gem-matching puzzle games I've played have encouraged you to either just hope for good luck or use brute force to match things quickly, but Bum-bo encourages you to really think through moves and rewards you for it. It's a lot of fun.
Thank you for some impressions! I bought the game a couple days ago and waiting for today's patch before playing. Have enough games in my backlog that I can wait for the launch to smooth out a bit.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing 'you're unemployed' stated matter of factly in my inbox while playing Football Manager is quite a depressing sight. I'm glad I'm not playing this game while actually unemployed lol.

I've currently got 2 hours in this game and haven't even become a manager yet, been fiddling around with my avatar and reading tooltips a lot. But I've just had an interview with quite possibly the shittest looking team in the world. I hope I get it. They're about to start their season with MINUS 32 points, due to 'financial mismanagement'...did they get fined for corruption or something? How do you start a season with minus points!?
You get fined for going into administration, as well as other things. -32 is a bit extreme though

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
XIII remake is coming to GOG.

Just how bad are things at Ubisoft that they're going back to GOG? The last time they put some games there it was the original AssCreed: Director's Cut, I think. And that was aaaages ago.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Luton Town started with -30 points in the 2008/9 season due to lots of financial irregularities.

Stoze

Oct 26, 2017

Played a couple rounds and was about to post the same thing. I hope people don't go into this thinking its going to have the depth or longevity of Isaac or think it's something it's not, like a deckbuilder.

It's very fun and well designed, but yeah, maybe wait until this weekend or next to really dive in. I hear achievements are borked as well. There's flat out no in-game options either.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess going Epic Exclusive didn't really pan out for them.
I think that it worked out for them. They needed the money to recoup costs and be able to launch the game in a decent state, but they probalby didnt expect it to be able to make a ton more so they closed the studio (sadly) without losing money in the end.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

The last month has been a unique one for all of us at Human Head Studios. We recently launched Rune II on the Epic Store and hope you're enjoying the game and checking out the Rune II streams. We're very proud of what our talented team has created and encourage everyone to sail their longships in search of battle against the dark forces of Ragnarok.

However, Rune II will be the final game for Human Head Studios. After 22 great years of making games as an independent studio, economic realities have forced us to make the decision to wind down the company and close its doors. But while we are closing the book on Human Head, we are not closing the book on the amazing team we have assembled.

Seems no more updates?

Deleted member 10601

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Epic is now sitting on tons of already moneyhatted Rune 2 copies and will get nothing? Nobody is going to buy an unsupported game.

sugarmonkey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Any word on Rune 2? I hadn't heard of the game until just now and after clicking on the link to view it and the epic game store I find it looks intriguing.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Luton Town started with -30 points in the 2008/9 season due to lots of financial irregularities.

I got the job! But my contract goal is to avoid relegation...

giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
Declined quotes for the Rune banner, probably

"Oh wow" -Lord JiggerX
"Okay, what's this now?" -Gamerdude420
"I see" -Mr.Boogedy
"Ah, a sword" -Tim SweeneyX
"Rune II is a sequel to Rune" -Wikipedia

But seriously, what is this.
Dukez is probably the biggest streamer in the world right now with billions of followers and I'm sure "Help, I'm on fire" was a hilarious part of a stream that everybody remembers but couldn't they have picked literally anything else to quote? Like, maybe "I like this" or "I'm having a good time" or anthing? It's almost like nobody cared anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.