• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

DONTNOD cast a trans actor for their trans character in Tell Me Why. That's really good!

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
After so many years with failed and misguided attempts MS is finally doing something worthwhile in the PC gaming space. This is great, and should be acknowledged. Now for the hope that it stays the course.

Oct 31, 2017
Will they release modding for the gamepass for PC? I mostly play on ultrawide and some games doesn't support it unless I change the files

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamepass is messing up my backlog.

I have Bloodstained on PC, started it, then backlogged it for Gears5. Back to Bloodstained, then backlogged it for The Outer Worlds. Back to Bloodstained, now Rage 2 is making me put Bloodstained on hold again, lol. At least all these games are sub-30 hours. I hope I can beat Rage 2 in time, I've only got like 5 days of gamepass. Gonna have to marathon it.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
When someone emails StudioMDHR directly telling us to die or get cancer or whatever, and they use an email account with their real name (and Youtube handle, ha)...I never know what to think.

Definitely good for a laugh though.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So Terminator: Resistance is out, played about :20 min and it seems . . . really really good? The animations are a little janky, the VO is OK, but damn, if they didn't manage to capture the vibe of the 'future wars' from the films. It looks great!

It's actually a bit of an RPG in the flavor of Fallout, but it definitely reminds me of the old Bethesda games. If you're at least interested, don't spoil yourself by watching any videos on YouTube, the opening of the game is super impressive.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
So Terminator: Resistance is out, played about :20 min and it seems . . . really really good? The animations are a little janky, the VO is OK, but damn, if they didn't manage to capture the vibe of the 'future wars' from the films. It looks great!

It's actually a bit of an RPG in the flavor of Fallout, but it definitely reminds me of the old Bethesda games. If you're at least interested, don't spoil yourself by watching any videos on YouTube, the opening of the game is super impressive.

Ohhh this totally slipped under my radar, wishlisted! please provide more thoughts as you play more, sounds really interesting thus far.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Ohhh this totally slipped under my radar, wishlisted! please provide more thoughts as you play more, sounds really interesting thus far.

Ha I bought it on a whim while waiting on Fallen Order, but so far I'm really impressed! The first portion of the game feels as if you're placed directly in the first Terminator film, it captures the vibe perfectly.

Gonna play a bit more, I'll let you know if it keeps my interest, but I really dig what I see. Getting good reviews on Steam too. I think everyone is surprised it turned out well :)

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Sorry I will stop sending the emails ;)

There's one person who keeps sending an email saying that we are terrible people and our game sucks because they can't beat a single level.
They always end it with "SEND ME CODE."

I'm assuming they want some sort of cheat code, but i'm tempted to send them the Unity C# script for the win screen.

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
There's one person who keeps sending an email saying that we are terrible people and our game sucks because they can't beat a single level.

I'm assuming they want some sort of cheat code, but i'm tempted to send them the Unity C# script for the win screen.
hahahaha!

Ha I bought it on a whim while waiting on Fallen Order, but so far I'm really impressed! The first portion of the game feels as if you're placed directly in the first Terminator film, it captures the vibe perfectly.

Gonna play a bit more, I'll let you know if it keeps my interest, but I really dig what I see. Getting good reviews on Steam too. I think everyone is surprised it turned out well :)
That sounds really great! Fallout + Terminator seems like a pretty great combo

Oct 25, 2017

Reply to them with the old Nintendo Powerline number.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That sounds really great! Fallout + Terminator seems like a pretty great combo

So after playing the last few hours, I'm really enjoying it! Definitely a AA game, but everything works, and it's fun! I was thinking it was a little too easy (I'm playing on the hardest skill level), but I just got my ass kicked by a patrol of T-800s playing a mission that reminds me of Alien: Isolation. You can't kill the T-800 with projectile weapons at the point I'm at, so it's a lot of hiding, which is cool that they made stealth an option.

I'm going to revise what I said earlier, it reminds me less of fallout then it does the first and second Metro games, with a light skill tree, crafting and bartering. They definitely nailed the atmosphere. One thing I would recommend . . . turn off the music, the sound design is super immersive. The 'immersion factor' is probably the strongest aspect of the game.

So, a definite recommend, after 2+ hours with the game. And funny enough, I just found out it's made by the people that made that terrible point and click Rambo game from a few years ago. Mind blown.

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
So after playing the last few hours, I'm really enjoying it! Definitely a AA game, but everything works, and it's fun! I was thinking it was a little too easy (I'm playing on the hardest skill level), but I just got my ass kicked by a patrol of T-800s playing a mission that reminds me of Alien: Isolation. You can't kill the T-800 with projectile weapons at the point I'm at, so it's a lot of hiding, which is cool that they made stealth an option.

I'm going to revise what I said earlier, it reminds me less of fallout then it does the first and second Metro games, with a light skill tree, crafting and bartering. They definitely nailed the atmosphere. One thing I would recommend . . . turn off the music, the sound design is super immersive. The 'immersion factor' is probably the strongest aspect of the game.

So, a definite recommend, after 2+ hours with the game. And funny enough, I just found out it's made by the people that made that terrible point and click Rambo game from a few years ago. Mind blown.
Oh shit every thing you say get's me more excited for this game, wanna finish playing RDR2 then I will get through Star Wars, but this will def be my next game after that, Thanks for the write up!

And the trans representation in tell me why makes me so happy, super looking forward to that game.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017

Just send them the a cheat table from cheat engine.

Why update Beta Client then and not Stable one?
Cause it is not stable? (it is problably something to avoid duplicity of files that they figured out after the fact)

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Division 2 has been crashing on me like crazy all of a sudden. Lets me play like 45 minutes then bam. I get nice and comfortable, get halfway into a mission and then get screwed :/

Classy Tomato

Jun 2, 2019
You'll want to upgrade. 4-core/8-thread CPUs are already on borrowed time, often struggling to hit or maintain 60fps in advanced open-world games. Things are only going to get worse when the almost-certainly-7c/14t Nextbox and PS5 roll around in about a year and developers start moving on from the 7c/7t PS4/X1.
That's what I'm afraid of :/
I can't afford a new rig for the next few years, (or maybe ever) so I'm kinda in an awkward situation now lol
But I think I'm gonna still buy the GPU, at least I can finally play current games with comfortable FPS and graphics.

Thanks JaseC!

--

I woke up to the news of Halo MCC's pre-order up on Steam, and the pricing is really amazing!
It's only $11 to own all Halo games. If big publishers follow Microsoft's footsteps in regional pricing, I'd buy more games day one more often.

Oct 28, 2017

By the same people that made that god awful Rambo game? Hmm.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017

This is shocking O_O

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So, it seems that Jedi:Fallen Order has regional pricing in EGS (EDIT: only on some areas, I was told about UAE), but not in Origin and Steam.
It seems that Epic put the normal regional pricing instead of the price that the devs wanted (again). Hope you guys can take advantage before it is removed.

Really starting to think they do this intentionally.

Last edited:

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So, it seems that Jedi:Fallen Order has regional pricing in EGS, but not in Origin and Steam.
It seems that Epic put the normal regional pricing instead of the price that the devs wanted (again). Hope you guys can take advantage before it is removed.

Really starting to think they do this intentionally.
Not regionally priced on EGS for me (not that I'd have bought it on EGS, but still).

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
This is literally what Epic should've been doing this whole time. They have Fortnite. That's like TF2 hats level of promotion times 100. They'll probably have people buying the game and never even playing it so they can get that skin.
You can also buy the skin in the Fortnite market tho with V-Bucks. This seems more like a Disney collaboration to promote the IP.
But yeah, that was what I thought they would do from day 1 with their exclusives... yet they havent done it often (only 3 examples I think?)

Last edited:

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
This is literally what Epic should've been doing this whole time. They have Fortnite. That's like TF2 hats level of promotion times 100. They'll probably have people buying the game and never even playing it so they can get that skin.

Well that might been case last year. Thus year Fortnite took big nosedive regarding popularity. They tried to spark interest again with Chapter 2 but after first few days things went to old numbers. So far November Twitch numbers are back to the level of September ones, and September was worst month for Fortnite since beginning of 2018. They started doing this promotions late.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Well that might been case last year. Thus year Fortnite took big nosedive regarding popularity. They tried to spark interest again with Chapter 2 but after first few days things went to old numbers. So far November Twitch numbers are back to the level of September ones, and September was worst month for Fortnite since beginning of 2018. They started doing this promotions late.
I am drowning on all the advertisement for Fortnite Chapter 2. They are putting it fucking everywhere.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

This is shocking O_O

Indeed, I'm still having a lot of fun with it. It shines when you're out there solo, hiding from Terminators and approaching objectives any way you want, but there's one mission where it got a little too COD-ish that I didn't like. It's very survival horror-ish in some regards.

Keep in mind tho, AA title.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I am drowning on all the advertisement for Fortnite Chapter 2. They are putting it fucking everywhere.

You can put ads on the moon but Twitch numbers are going down.

bcu1UaR_d.jpg

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Yeah I've been getting a good vibe from the gameplay footage of the first 10 minutes. It isn't a traditional FPS where you go about shooting every enemy that's around from what I've seen.

I liked that Rambo game~

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
You can put ads on the moon but Twitch numbers are going down.

bcu1UaR_d.jpg
I know, I was just reinforcing your idea of "tried to spark interest again with Chapter 2". I havent had so many targeted ads since the Epic Megasale and EGS announcement. Heck, if we account for the fortnite sponsorships (like X019), it is even more.

As I said several times, Fortnite got so big that there was no real more "growth room" (it is a f2p game available in all platforms that has reached total cultural osmosis). It is all about how they manage to stabilize the game (for instance LoL had a similar effect but at a smaller level, but other games were not able to retain that lvl of success).

I have also commented that their tendency of quickly changing the meta every week by introducing new stuff was a double edged sword because yes, it affects FOMO and you quitting, but the issue happens that once you quit, coming back is a bit harder, as the game is completely different than you previously experienced.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I know, I was just reinforcing your idea of "tried to spark interest again with Chapter 2". I havent had so many targeted ads since the Epic Megasale and EGS announcement. Heck, if we account for the fortnite sponsorships (like X019), it is even more.

As I said several times, Fortnite got so big that there was no real more "growth room" (it is a f2p game available in all platforms that has reached total cultural osmosis). It is all about how they manage to stabilize the game (for instance LoL had a similar effect but at a smaller level, but other games were not able to retain that lvl of success).

I have also commented that their tendency of quickly changing the meta every week by introducing new stuff was a double edged sword because yes, it affects FOMO and you quitting, but the issue happens that once you quit, coming back is a bit harder, as the game is completely different than you previously experienced.

And with Chapter 2 they stopped making weekly patch notes. So you actually don't know what they changed anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.