• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
After reading some reviews about Death Stranding, I'll probably pass. It's cool it's coming to PC, but it doesn't sound like a game I'd enjoy playing. But I'm also not that big of a fan of Kojima. I've only ever played MGS2, Ground Zeroes, and 5. MGS2 was amazing, GZ and 5 were fun to play, but I never finished 5. I uninstalled it when it wanted me to replay a mission, and I couldn't get into the whole base building thing.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all wack, Sailor Saturn best senshi, period.

hB3QLlC.gif

Get you a girl who can destroy the entire damn universe while eating breakfast.
The Christians did try to warn us that children raised by homoparental families would destroy western civilization, and yet we didn't listen.

Amir

Jun 7, 2018
Anybody want a code for Midnight Ghost Hunt Alpha test? i have one code for steam.

Oct 25, 2017
Death Stranding will probably be an EGS exclusive for a year then come to Steam.

Feels like hype is off the charts for it. Unless it turns out to be a dud, I'll be amazed if it gets a full year of exclusivity. Maybe 6 months like Borderlands, but I think Epic will have to pay through the nose for any deal.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
No character transfer from console version of RDR Online to PC :( My over 100 gold bars and 2 free roles i got (Trader and Bounty Hunter)are basically wasted.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
PvhxhUc.png

Was there any proof that Epic delayed the Steam release? Because I'd think this is proof that EGS have marketing rights to PC release at least.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
I am! I also just sorta wanted it on Switch....not that I couldn't play on laptop or sommit. But the price is a bit steep for my budget if no other games in the package tickle my fancy.

I'd steer clear of the Switch port as I hear it's not that great. Like at all.

PC build is fine though from my experience.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I like puzzle games but last I checked, Antichamber doesn't have controller support and that's always put me off buying it.

The Humble stuff is still confusing to me. I mean the site now tells me that the November early unlocks are here, which are the Crash+Spyro that were available from the start of October, and are no longer available 2 hours from now. So why aren't they called October's games? It also tells me there are a few more games to play from Nov 1st, and I can't find what those are on the site. Looks like I'll be pausing this month, I have SC6 on PS4, no interest in Portia, and I still have Yakuza 0 to play.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd steer clear of the Switch port as I hear it's not that great. Like at all.

PC build is fine though from my experience.
It's been patched tho...
Now it's...supposedly....mediocre for tolerating horrible loading times in the beginning, and then is okay. Unless you want VA.

okay maybe i should get a different game for switch :(

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I like puzzle games but last I checked, Antichamber doesn't have controller support and that's always put me off buying it.

The Humble stuff is still confusing to me. I mean the site now tells me that the November early unlocks are here, which are the Crash+Spyro that were available from the start of October, and are no longer available 2 hours from now. So why aren't they called October's games? It also tells me there are a few more games to play from Nov 1st, and I can't find what those are on the site. Looks like I'll be pausing this month, I have SC6 on PS4, no interest in Portia, and I still have Yakuza 0 to play.
The bundle itself comes out in November, so its considered the november bundle. Early unlocks are pretty much just preorder bonuses lol

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
In a little less than 2 hours the people who have bought the November bundle (the bundle that unlocks the first friday of November, meaning today) will get access to the rest of the bundle. If you pre-purchased the bundle you got some of the games in October but the bundle is still the one that fully releases in November.

The December bundle's first games will be revealed at the very same time, since it will be impossible to buy the November bundle when the games are revealed. You have to buy these bundles semi-blind (in that you know some games but not the others). The full December bundle will be released on December 6th and unless you paid in advance, paused or cancelled the sub, you will be automatically billed about a week before that.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Travis Strikes Again is one heck of an acid trip, but the main Death Ball stages needed to be shorter. DUnno why they made them this long for.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
In a little less than 2 hours the people who have bought the November bundle (the bundle that unlocks the first friday of November, meaning today) will get access to the rest of the bundle. If you pre-purchased the bundle you got some of the games in October but the bundle is still the one that fully releases in November.

The December bundle's first games will be revealed at the very same time, since it will be impossible to buy the November bundle when the games are revealed. You have to buy these bundles semi-blind (in that you know some games but not the others). The full December bundle will be released on December 6th and unless you paid in advance, paused or cancelled the sub, you will be automatically billed about a week before that.
Thanks. It just seems weird to me. The early unlocks, or pre-order bonuses as someone put it above, are the meat of the bundle. Then a few hours into November you can no longer purchase the November bundle, but you could purchase and play it all through October. If someone asked me soon,
"What are the November games?"
"Oh it's Crash, Spyro, CoD"
"Oh cool, I'll buy that."
"No you can't, because it's November, so you can't buy the November games. You could only buy them last month. Now that it's November you can buy the December games."

Wouldn't it make more sense to call Crash+Spyro the October bundle, and say, "You get a few bonus games at the start of the next month too."?

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Finished my Steam Halloween purchases for this year late last night

-Catherine Classic
-Princess Maker Refine
-Samurai Shodown V special edition
-Duke Nukem 3D : 20th anniversary world tour
-Way of the Samurai 3
-The Evil Within 1 Bundle
-Broken Sword collection (discounted and got broken sword 4 for $1)
-Deus Ex Collection (discounted and got deus ex human revolution dx and mankind divided+season pass for like $7)

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Thanks. It just seems weird to me. The early unlocks, or pre-order bonuses as someone put it above, are the meat of the bundle. Then a few hours into November you can no longer purchase the November bundle, but you could purchase and play it all through October. If someone asked me,
"What are the November games?"
"Oh it's Crash, Spyro, CoD"
"Oh cool, I'll buy that."
"No you can't, because it's November. You could only buy them last month. Now that its' November you can buy the December games."

Wouldn't it make more sense to call Crash+Spyro the October bundle, and say, "You get a few bonus games at the start of the next month too."?
Yeah I understand your point, but it's been like this since the start four years ago so most people are used to it. It was also a bit different back then. The first games being "the meat of the bundle" is pretty new because for a long time we only got a single game and Humble called it "a taste". So the Monthly bundle unlocked at the start of the month it was named after and you got "a taste" of it the month before if you wanted to. It makes less sense now when we get more games revealed from the start and those games being the ones people care the most about. But the naming made sense back when they started the thing.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from FoneBone FoneBone!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

FoneBone said:
Codes here are DLC only, and only valid in US/GB/PR.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Call of Duty®: WWII - Bravery Pack
  • Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Call of Duty®: WWII - Fear Not Pack - Won by Cels Cels (2 entries)

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite game on Game Pass so far? Hydro Thunder Hurricane. A very fun arcade racer.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
No surprise that Death Stranding is boring. It looked it at every preview.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
Really cool to see Disco Elysium start to make waves everywhere. Was listening to Bad End the other day and they spent 20 minutes tearing apart Outer Worlds and saying that it was like watching Buck Rogers and playing Disco Elysium was like seeing 2001 A Space Odyssey

No surprise that Death Stranding is boring. It looked it at every preview.

reviews are pretty much turning out how I expected. People who are into the weirdness and story and experience and methodical gameplay love it.

Bad, wrong people who like bad games don't like it.

Violet

Alt account
Banned
Feb 7, 2019
dc
I assume you're just joking but that review thread sure is something with people getting very defensive over this thing.

I called it earlier in the week that it would be the worst thread in the history of the site. People are either extremely hyped for the game or have been praying for it to flop for years now.

Oct 25, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.