• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
It's just the typical tech bro attitude. They think just because they are willing to lose more money than everyone else trying to control a market, they must have invented it. It's the whole rewarding risk religion in tech.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello guys. I have an issue that is plaguing me for some time now. I recently did a small upgrade on my gaming stuff, bought a new GPU (RTX 2060) and a 4k TV. Now, my issue is regarding the TV, its a Samsung NU7100, which I know is not really setting the world on fire in terms of quality, but in a lot of content I am using it for, it blows my mind. Except for gaming. Most of the games I am playing have this weird "washed out" feeling, like the hertz are not 60 or the gamma is wrong. Its really distracting, and its bumming me out.

Increasing the resolution in games helps to make the image better, but since I dont have a RTX2080TI, performance suffers a lot. I tried testing the games with HDR on and OFF, increasing brightness, sharpening, but with no success.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Hello guys. I have an issue that is plaguing me for some time now. I recently did a small upgrade on my gaming stuff, bought a new GPU (RTX 2060) and a 4k TV. Now, my issue is regarding the TV, its a Samsung NU7100, which I know is not really setting the world on fire in terms of quality, but in a lot of content I am using it for, it blows my mind. Except for gaming. Most of the games I am playing have this weird "washed out" feeling, like the hertz are not 60 or the gamma is wrong. Its really distracting, and its bumming me out.

Increasing the resolution in games helps to make the image better, but since I dont have a RTX2080TI, performance suffers a lot. I tried testing the games with HDR on and OFF, increasing brightness, sharpening, but with no success.

Have you double checked you aren't set to limited range?

eyeless

Oct 25, 2017
anyone know why it says legacy beside gang beasts? hadn't noticed it before
cPhneb0.png

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
sorry about your thread dex3108 i wanted to participate, but you know how it goes. tim continues to push his narrative when he doesn't even back it up.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh are we at the point where we pretend like, 90 percent of Epic threads aren't just weird angry rants about the store and you have to hide in this thread like it's a bunker?

Like what kind of thread did you think you had created? Half the posts were like "duh he's a moron" and telling him to fuck himself, and the rest indifferent. This place isn't biased against you in this regard.

You created a low effort r/fuckepic thread, and a mod recognized it, you weren't censored by the store police.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
And forums like Era don't allow you to point out that :D Oh well I guess Tim will continue to push his false narrative and we can't do anything about that.
It gets pointed out over and over and most agree about his tweets, especially the multi-store ones. What is there to discuss really? He tweets like he does and nothing will change that, especially not a thread about it on Era. A thread that would just become a "Sweeney is dumb"-thread and that is indeed not "good discussion".

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
I mean, EGS-related threads are consistently some of the most contentious and there isn't really anything to say other than how disingenuous Sweeney's assertion is, so it's no surprise the thread was locked before it came to the usual head.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Oh are we at the point where we pretend like, 90 percent of Epic threads aren't just weird angry rants about the store and you have to hide in this thread like it's a bunker?

Like what kind of thread did you think you had created? Half the posts were like "duh he's a moron" and telling him to fuck himself, and the rest indifferent. This place isn't biased against you in this regard.

Simply moderate thread. There were far worse threads on gaming side not related to Epic (in my opinion any console exclusive review thread is worse). And I never said that is pointed towards me, I just wanted to point out nonsense that Tim says because I am noticing more and more among my friends who are not hard core gamers for example to start saying similar things Tim says since Epic Store launched because of that narrative.

It gets pointed out over and over and most agree about his tweets, especially the multi-store ones. What is there to discuss really? He tweets like he does and nothing will change that, especially not a thread about it on Era. A thread that would just become a "Sweeney is dumb"-thread and that is indeed not "good discussion".

As I said before at least we can point out how they are not true. And Era is one of the biggest gaming forums in the world so people will read about it.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Simply moderate thread. There were far worse threads on gaming side not related to Epic (in my opinion any console exclusive review thread is worse). And I never said that is pointed towards me, I just wanted to point out nonsense that Tim says because I am noticing more and more among my friends who are not hard core gamers for example to start saying similar things Tim says since Epic Store launched because of that narrative.

As I said before at least we can point out how they are not true. And Era is one of the biggest gaming forums in the world so people will read about it.

I didn't mean you in a specific sense, but the way this thread gets sometimes where it pretends to be the last bastion of sanity and that like a huge amount of the audience doesn't agree with it or something.

Review threads get bad but they also tend to bring relevant news and discussion and have a "need" to exist. Like JaseC said, what's there to discuss? Maybe your anecdote is relevant, but I can't imagine the guy with like 800 tweet likes is really having the reach you think he does. The dude isn't very popular on any format and constantly gets ratioed and argued with. Like he gets compared to Trump a lot but is there really an r/theSweeney?

I just don't see anyone really parroting or promoting his thoughts that much. Nobody seems to really like him. There's no Gaben or Kojima sort of fanbase to him, from what I've seen. It tends to be, at best (also with EGS in general) "well, it's not that bad"

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't mean you in a specific sense, but the way this thread gets sometimes where it pretends to be the last bastion of sanity and that like a huge amount of the audience doesn't agree with it or something.

Review threads get bad but they also tend to bring relevant news and discussion and have a "need" to exist. Like JaseC said, what's there to discuss? Maybe your anecdote is relevant, but I can't imagine the guy with like 800 tweet likes is really having the reach you think he does. The dude isn't very popular on any format and constantly gets ratioed and argued with. Like he gets compared to Trump a lot but is there really an r/theSweeney?

I just don't see anyone really parroting or promoting his thoughts that much. Nobody seems to really like him.

You can notice in conversations about Wpic Store on and outside of Era how some of his narratives pop out. Biggest one is that Valve doesn't allow Kickstarter projects to give keys since Epic Store launched. Then come other ones. And this newest "new multi-store world" nonsense is simply ridiculous. And as anything in this world if you repeat it enough to enough people it will spread out.

morningbus

Oct 31, 2017
If we were to extend this asshole saying nothing of value on Twitter and nothing productive coming from its discussion policy further, I'm not even sure if we'd have an off-topic forum.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
If you were absolutely forced to pick a $1500 pc build, what would you pick for cpu and GPU? Within the next two weeks

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
If you were absolutely forced to pick a $1500 pc build, what would you pick for cpu and GPU? Within the next two weeks

Honestly recommending any GPU at this time is hard. New Nvidia GPUs are apparently due to be out I first half of 2020 so buying 20xx series GPU is kinda bad investment right now. And for CPU new Ryzens are probably fine, for example Ryzen 7 3700X.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
It is 8 core CPU for cheap. If you are looking for long term build you go with better CPU because you can change other parts over time without too much hassle.
My buddy has said that AMD software and optimization is piss poor and I should only go with intel for gaming. That's the only reason I ask. I appreciate your input

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
My buddy has said that AMD software and optimization is piss poor and I should only go with intel for gaming. That's the only reason I ask. I appreciate your input

He is right and wrong. New Ryzen CPUs do have some issues and sometimes BIOS update is mandatory. But overall they offer great value and they are good enough for gaming. Intel has small advantage with high end CPUs but not enough to justify the price difference. So new Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7 CPUs are more than enough for gaming.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
He is right and wrong. New Ryzen CPUs do have some issues and sometimes BIOS update is mandatory. But overall they offer great value and they are good enough for gaming. Intel has small advantage with high end CPUs but not enough to justify the price difference. So new Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 7 CPUs are more than enough for gaming.
Idk what to do. I need a pc. Ryzen seems smart. But I'm going to get a Ryzen cpu on my next gen Xbox. And idk if that's a good enough excuse to ignore the extra cores/threads

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Idk what to do. I need a pc. Ryzen seems smart. But I'm going to get a Ryzen cpu on my next gen Xbox. And idk if that's a good enough excuse to ignore the extra cores/threads

In my opinion CPU choice is no brainer. Much bigger issue is GPU because new series is coming but that is still 6 months away. It really is bad time for GPU purchase.

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With BF / Cyber Monday around the corner it's kind of impossible to recommend anything right now anyway. You should be able to cobble something together pretty decent with 1500 bucks then. Focus on the best bang for the buck CPU and GPU wise, then the rest which isn't as likely to get as notable of deals during those events. S

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
In my opinion CPU choice is no brainer. Much bigger issue is GPU because new series is coming but that is still 6 months away. It really is bad time for GPU purchase.
It's one of those things too where I need to put it into perspective. I'm buying a next gen Xbox day one. I'm not a hardcore pc player. I just want to be able to keep up For the next 5 years.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
With BF / Cyber Monday around the corner it's kind of impossible to recommend anything right now anyway. You should be able to cobble something together pretty decent with 1500 bucks then. Focus on the best bang for the buck CPU and GPU wise, then the rest which isn't as likely to get as notable of deals during those events. S

Some of us can't even count on BF deals XD

It's one of those things too where I need to put it into perspective. I'm buying a next gen Xbox day one. I'm not a hardcore pc player. I just want to be able to keep up For the next 5 years.

That is why I am saying that GPU purchase is not recommended. CPU will hold up fine if you go for Ryzen 7 or if you insist Intel i7 or if you really want to spend money i9.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It is a bit suspicious to remove a game from the Steam store, and keep selling the generated keys via an Humble widget.

UF66xKB.png

It is not something new: the game was removed in 2015.

It is just me discovering this while looking for information about a removed game, and ending up on their Discord server, reading this message from May 2019.
Why is the game name blurred? I feel like knowing the game means I can actively avoid it or not feel jibbed when I seek it but can't find it.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
It is a bit suspicious to remove a game from the Steam store, and keep selling the generated keys via an Humble widget.

UF66xKB.png

It is just me discovering this while looking for information about a removed game, and ending up on their Discord server, reading this message from May 2019.
Fairly sure that's not really allowed.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017

UF66xKB.png

What's the game ?

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

sredgrin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Giving they are limiting keys it sounds like it might just be an EA game that wants to make sure the people buying it want it more than the average bear, similar to that Limited Early Access Spire game that was discussed earlier.

Wouldn't doubt it if situations like that are why the Limited Early Access thing cropped up in the first place.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Maaaaan, I need more time. Playing Planet Zoo and Age of Empires 2 (which is a fantastic remaster)... Can I buy some time?

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So in theory, if my internet is currently capped at horrendous ADSL era speeds, can I still functionally use Steam Link without latency? I ask because I've been trying to use it on WiFi and the experience has been nothing short of lag lag lag. Mind you I'm only using WiFi because our mobile broadband box is in the study and I haven't bothered to cable out along the hallway.

Gosh I both love and hate this country and the outback. All I want is better quotas and for Telstra to upgrade our god damn tower to be 2300mhz.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So in the Whats new, I saw Portia having a collab event iwth a weird game called "Amazing Cultivation Simulator":

It looks interesting but... chinese only language curse :(

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to finish up Outer Wilds, but the game is really getting on my nerves now. It's so easy to make small misteps for certain tasks, and when some of them requires you to travel back and forth between planets, and waiting some events in the cycle to reach a certain point, and then even more waiting after that, it's startin to feel that the game is not worth it.

Trying to reach the Black Forge. And it's not fun at all.

1. Go to Brittle Hollow.
2. Search for the shortcut to the Hanging City.
3. Raise the Black Forge.
4. Get back to the ship.
5. Travel to the Ash Twin.
6. Wait for the sand/ash level to be so low that you can get into the building with the portal to the Black Forge.
7. Wait on the portal for Brittle Hollow to be aligned with the portal.
8. Take one small mistep on Brittle Hollow, and you get thrown down to the black hole, making you have to restart everything again.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
For those who have played it how does Darksiders III compare to previous games in the series ?

I know they released that update to make the combat more like the previous games

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
For those who have played it how does Darksiders III compare to previous games in the series ?

I know they released that update to make the combat more like the previous games
way less focus on puzzles (untill you get to the last area). Way more of a boss run. Borrows a lot from Souls games, so the only stuff you find in the world now are items to help improve your weapons.
-Limited number of weapons- they are tied to your "hollow" forms now, and each form gives its own weapon.

Mind, I finished the game before they introduced the combat re-balance. Waiting for the DLC to go on sale before revisiting. Even as a more souls-like game I still liked it. loved exploring the interconnected world looking for shortcuts. All but one area have a whole bunch of them, and I enjoyed looking for the collectibles and power-ups. Definitely a different approach to the Darksiders formula, though.

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like two Valve insiders who have leaked stuff in the past are predicting a HLVR announcement next week (though apparently it's called Half-Life: Alyx, which is not my favourite title). Crazy if it finally happens after all these years.

sym30l1c

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody here who preorderd Jedi Fallen Order with cdkeys on PC got the preorder bonus?
I'm on the first planet, but the bonus items are definitely not in the game for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.