• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
bDotLxk.gif

May 30, 2018
hey y'all- this may be a silly question but i want to make sure before i buy an Oculus Quest that my laptop can support Link.
1IYduvQ.png

• this is what Oculus Link's compatibility page says:
OMrNXCa.png

since it's a laptop, it's not *technically* a "Desktop" 1060, but it sort of is right? it's not a 1060M, so it should be supported? any experience, pointers, or warnings about any of the laptop specs are be appreciated.

Dosmo

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
hey y'all- this may be a silly question but i want to make sure before i buy an Oculus Quest that my laptop can support Link.
1IYduvQ.png

• this is what Oculus Link's compatibility page says:
OMrNXCa.png

since it's a laptop, it's not *technically* a "Desktop" 1060, but it sort of is right? it's not a 1060M, so it should be supported? any experience, pointers, or warnings about any of the laptop specs are be appreciated.
I've got a laptop with a GTX 1060, it ran Robo Recall without any problems.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe that HL Alyx is made just by like 50-60 people.
And with, what I'm assuming, was no crunch?
hopefully there was no crunch but given they pulled people off other games to finish this there was likely at least a little crunch. either way I've seen one person confirm at a minimum it was in development for 4.5 years. And that is just how long they knew about it without saying anything.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Anyone find it bizarre that Valve didn't change the header and footer from the steam client to match the rest of the new aesthetics?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Recently built my new PC, have a weird problem with it though

When I turn the system off, the light above the power button remains on as well as one of the RGB lights in my case?

The only way to shut them off is to flick the switch on my PSU off? Any ideas what could be causing it?

Oct 27, 2017
According to Twitter, the art team is roughly 20. There appears to be about 5 on audio. I'm not sure if 25 programmers is a realistic number or not, especially if you figure level designers have to fit in here somewhere.

Maybe the Source 2 tools are just super efficient, lol

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
man just finished Jedi Fallen Order, and wow what an amazing game. Really loved it. Started so strong and ended even longer.
I have no affinity at all for Star Wars and it made me actually want to go and rewatch all the movies lol

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
SOD2. One of my favorites, highly recommended. Bugs have been ironed out too after more than a year of updates.

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Man, Gears 1 Ultimate on PC runs like shit. I ran Gears 5 no problem, but Gears 1 woo boy.
There is currently a bug that shadows cause frame drops regardless of hardware lol. it's so broken was getting drops on my 2080ti - even though using less than 50% gpu usage and no CPU usage. Turning shadows to low fixed it and got rid of drops, it's been that way for years and they can't be assed to fixed it. pretty lame

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
There is currently a bug that shadows cause frame drops regardless of hardware lol. it's so broken was getting drops on my 2080ti - even though using less than 50% gpu usage and no CPU usage. Turning shadows to low fixed it and got rid of drops, it's been that way for years and they can't be assed to fixed it. pretty lame
I'll try it out. Thx.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Operencia struggles with the battle system just kind of being blandy mcblandville. Too many trash mobs that you just AOE to death. Bosses fare better but are too rare.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
A VR headset wasn't on my plans and now I'm looking options at Amazon and eBay. Damn you Volvo!

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Oxygen Not Included is on sale right now.

Should I get it or just save the money for RimWorld ?
I don't have rimworld yet but i can recomend oxygen not included. (note that i have played mostly during early access so some of my opinion might be wrong now.)

I enjoyed oxygen not included for several reasons, that said i want to start by saying the game is really easy to understand. most concepts work the way you expect them to. I really enjoy this because it is very easy to start up the game, the first few days of the colony will be "easy" as you will be building the expected stuff (rooms to sleep in, producing power and oxygen,etc.). while the start is super easy the game gradually becomes deeper (and harder). You start by carving out everything around you then you start building a base and lastly you begin to research ways to make your base safer/ more efficient. The challenge comes from managing your people and the resources. For example you will need to produce oxygen which there are several ways to; you can use algae, organic matter + power or hydrolyze water.
The best part its that the base feels very "organic" in the way you expand. The animations from the replicants make them very expressive and fun to watch.
Alongside the great gameplay the game has been getting updates very often so take that into consideration as well.

Positives aside here are what bothered me:
  • lack of a useful tutorial (which leads to frustration when something doesn't work; google is excellent here)
  • the UI is extremely "confusing" to me (special the rooms and how the objects are organized)
  • the game is rather difficult (after 20 hours or so is till haven't managed to get a self-suficient colony; and to my knowledge there aren't difficulty modes)
IMO if you like the management games you will have a blast with oxygen not included (unless the 3 negatives above are deal breakers)

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
greenman has their black friday sale going. the games with +5 on them give you an intel starter pack
which allows you to pick 5 games of Arizona Sunshine
IPIP
Killing Floor: Incursion
Last Tide
Neverwinter
Rockband VR
Sid Meier's Civilization V
Sprint Vector
Star Trek: Bridge Crew
There Came An Echo
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide

games may vary by region.

5yFhEuM.png

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

I think the difference is just that say, Ubisoft, would have cranked something of this scale out in a year instead of 4-5.

Is Gears 5 bomba or something? 50% off already.

Probably more that it was on gamepass.

Man, Gears 1 Ultimate on PC runs like shit. I ran Gears 5 no problem, but Gears 1 woo boy.

i hope they go back and put them all on Steam/PC.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have rimworld yet but i can recomend oxygen not included. (note that i have played mostly during early access so some of my opinion might be wrong now.)

I enjoyed oxygen not included for several reasons, that said i want to start by saying the game is really easy to understand. most concepts work the way you expect them to. I really enjoy this because it is very easy to start up the game, the first few days of the colony will be "easy" as you will be building the expected stuff (rooms to sleep in, producing power and oxygen,etc.). while the start is super easy the game gradually becomes deeper (and harder). You start by carving out everything around you then you start building a base and lastly you begin to research ways to make your base safer/ more efficient. The challenge comes from managing your people and the resources. For example you will need to produce oxygen which there are several ways to; you can use algae, organic matter + power or hydrolyze water.
The best part its that the base feels very "organic" in the way you expand. The animations from the replicants make them very expressive and fun to watch.
Alongside the great gameplay the game has been getting updates very often so take that into consideration as well.

Positives aside here are what bothered me:
  • lack of a useful tutorial (which leads to frustration when something doesn't work; google is excellent here)
  • the UI is extremely "confusing" to me (special the rooms and how the objects are organized)
  • the game is rather difficult (after 20 hours or so is till haven't managed to get a self-suficient colony; and to my knowledge there aren't difficulty modes)
IMO if you like the management games you will have a blast with oxygen not included (unless the 3 negatives above are deal breakers)

Thanks for the info ! I think I'm going to buy it. My biggest concern is the difficulty but good to know that the game starts of easy instead of punishing you from the get go.

Uncle Sensei

Oct 25, 2017
greenman has their black friday sale going. the games with +5 on them give you an intel starter pack
IPIP
Last Tide
Neverwinter
Rockband VR
Sprint Vector
There Came An Echo

5yFhEuM.png
Are they Steam keys? The ones on Steam at least?

Dan L

Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Got left alive for some reason, I had some kind of morbid curiosity about the game and got it cheap so was like why not. and after playing a few hours it's just as horrible as you would imagine.

Freezard

Oct 28, 2017
IPIP
Last Tide
Neverwinter
Rockband VR
Sprint Vector
There Came An Echo

5yFhEuM.png
$13.50 for FarCry 5 is pretty good. Don't think I've seen it lower.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Are they Steam keys? The ones on Steam at least?
I can confirm that Arizona sunshine
sprint vector
civ 5
star trek bridge crew
and killing floor were steam keys.

neverwinter and rock band vr and ipip wouldn't be
don't know about the other two.

$13.50 for FarCry 5 is pretty good. Don't think I've seen it lower.

I was tempted to get far cry but forger is more my jam so I got that instead so I could get the VR games of interest from that list lol

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Because I heard from everyone it's a very poorly made game that currently still costs 80 CAD full price.

Also, though I'm sure the Japanese devs aren't particularly aware of the situation, the game's fiction universe is perpetuating geopolitical stereotypes about my country of origin (Ukraine) that are out-dated and describing a vision of the future that my relatives recently risked their lives to prevent becoming a reality.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
IPIP
Last Tide
Neverwinter
Rockband VR
Sprint Vector
There Came An Echo

5yFhEuM.png
Looks like very few games have that +5,unlike last time.

Oct 28, 2017
Waiting 12 years for another Half Life game and it being VR only is super fucking disappointing.
VR is expensive as fuck, gives me headaches and I don't have the space for it. It's a trifecta of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.