• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I really hope if I choose Rock Band VR as one of my 5 free games I can get my Xbox 360 guitar working in it with a 360 wireless accessory as I never bought the Xbox One guitar bundle or Rock Band 4 (and now they are crazy expensive and can't be found anywhere).

Oct 27, 2017
What would be a good cheap low end graphics card I could throw in my old computer that currently has 1GB? I don't need to play on Ultra or reach crazy frame rates, I just want to play Skyrim without my computer sounding like it's dying.

edit: I've seen a 1030 or 750 recommended

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
I really hope if I choose Rock Band VR as one of my 5 free games I can get my Xbox 360 guitar working in it with a 360 wireless accessory as I never bought the Xbox One guitar bundle or Rock Band 4 (and now they are crazy expensive and can't be found anywhere).

Rockband VR is using some Oculus plastic thing that was included with the Ouclus Touch controllers. I dont think you need a real hardware for it.

Edit: Seems I am mistaken and you can use hardware with it :D

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Is the updated State of Decay significantly better looking than the original? I played a bit of the original a while back and it looked so mushy on my 1440p monitor because it didn't support the resolution.

TIL there was a PC version of Stranglehold. Does the MP work? When I played on Xbox there was basically a single guy left in MP and he was hacking in some way so he could have endless slow motion shots. So like one or two people would join MP and he would just kill them. Because that's fun I guess.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Is the updated State of Decay significantly better looking than the original? I played a bit of the original a while back and it looked so mushy on my 1440p monitor because it didn't support the resolution.

TIL there was a PC version of Stranglehold. Does the MP work? When I played on Xbox there was basically a single guy left in MP and he was hacking in some way so he could have endless slow motion shots. So like one or two people would join MP and he would just kill them. Because that's fun I guess.
It looks a little better, but it's not really a looker.

It supports 1440p though.

UltraJay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Rockband VR is using some Oculus plastic thing that was included with the Ouclus Touch controllers. I dont think you need a real hardware for it.

Edit: Seems I am mistaken and you can use hardware with it :D
That's just a piece of plastic to put on the end of controllers. I'm guessing so it can track the touch controller WITH the guitar but the two don't "connect" to each other. It allows motion tracking the end of the guitar. Which doesn't really need the that piece... you could rubber band it on.

Which reminds me how I'm going to jury-rig full body tracking once I get my index controllers. I'll take my old Vive wands and strap them to my shins and then I only need to get one Vive puck for my waist instead of three! (they cost 169 AUD each!)

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The Steam sale starts today right? GMG has Sekiro for 40% off and I'm hoping it'll go on sale for the same amount on Steam as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
The Steam sale starts today right? GMG has Sekiro for 40% off and I'm hoping it'll go on sale for the same amount on Steam as well.
time once again to not buy anything, because everything in my wishlist will be in either the "meh, it's not so cheap that I can't wait for a bundle or even steeper sale" category, or the "I've put way too fucking many games on my wishlist and can't remember why I wanted this $1 game" category

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Even better than that with SEKIRO10 code ($32), so I just went ahead and got it on GMG. Been waiting for a nice sale on it.

RandomSeed in 2 hours:

"Wtf? Why is it cheaper on Steam????"

0Vr89Ez.jpg

PhotogDoug

Nov 10, 2017
Dayton, OH
I'm looking at Ultrawide Monitors this black friday. I currently run dual 27" 1440p monitors.

Tell me I'm silly and should stop era! Tell me it's a silly investment.

HotHamWater

Oct 25, 2017
Dorset, UK
Steam controller showing as £4 for me (from £39.99) ?????????? Limited in quantity you can buy and delivery (in the UK) is expensive. Still a good deal. Wonder if there's a new revision inc.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Steam controller showing as £4 for me (from £39.99) ?????????? Limited in quantity you can buy and delivery (in the UK) is expensive. Still a good deal. Wonder if there's a new revision inc.
I'm getting 2 more since it is $5, I already have 2 but I'm scared they are stopping production on it, it says there are limited quantities left. I'm scared they will not make a new version of it. So I want to have enough to last me a good long while, it is my favorite controller ever by a long shot.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
A public service announcement :

AMID EVIL released this year, and does in fact own so very hard .

For your consideration .

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I'm looking at Ultrawide Monitors this black friday. I currently run dual 27" 1440p monitors.

Tell me I'm silly and should stop era! Tell me it's a silly investment.
Ultrawide is awesome. Once you've been gaming in 21:9 you won't want to go back. Not all games support it, but more and more do. And if they don't support it, you'll just have black bars. You'll need to go with a larger screen size though, since it's a long diagonal. You'll probably want to look at a 34".

shacklesmcgee

Oct 25, 2017
are the steam controllers already sold out? I don't see any price or anything on the page

it's....it's really not available in Canada? dang

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Valve finally limited the Steam Awards nominations to games actually released this year.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
You guys already made me buy a Steam controller. Don't even know if I need or want it, but yeah, Steam sales. 🤔

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Hope the Steam Controller is as good as people say. Cost me £11.
There is a learning curve since it feels so different from the controllers everyone is used to. I recommend using it in some slower single player games to get used to it before moving on to faster games.
But it is the most versatile controller ever in my opinion. With the different configurations and the trackpads are amazing when configured just right. The mouse aim in a controller feels amazing, also the controller I've used heavily for years still works perfectly and a plus is with the trackpads I don't get messed up joysticks like my other controllers always seem to.

Status
Not open for further replies.