• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know how to revert to the old Steam UI, or possibly other options for skins/launchers for Steam games? Can't stand this new layout and for some ungodly reason it doesn't seem to save your view settings so every time I launch it it reverts to showing me my entire library. Not very helpful :P

Oct 25, 2017
Does anybody feel like the Autum Sale is just making the Christmas Sale seem kinda...redundant?
Do people expect steeper discounts during the Christmas Sale which is less than a month away?
I mean, it's not like I'm complaining that there are too many sales or anything but none of the games on my wishlist are discounted enough where I would want to buy them and I don't expect that to change that three weeks from now. And it's not like the couple of big games that are coming out in the meantime, like Red Dead and Halo, are going to be discounted.

Again, not complaining about it, it just feels weird.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Bought Hitman 2 and the legacy pack to go through the original Hitman locations. It started me with Hawkes Bay which is a DLC? Where is the best starting point for the game?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Bought Hitman 2 and the legacy pack to go through the original Hitman locations. It started me with Hawkes Bay which is a DLC? Where is the best starting point for the game?

Hawke's Bay is the start of Hitman 2 so that I'd say.
Unless you'd like to start with Hitman 1, in which case I would start with the tutorial missions for that game (should be the farthest left in the interface). The levels should be ordered according to how the story plays out, but if you go through that mode it should just pop you into the right one I'd think.

Last edited:

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Valve have had one hell of a calendar week or so. HL:A announcement, Dota 3 4 5, big CS:GO update, big Underlords update, Halo stuff in CS:Go, Steam sale that didn't break????

May 30, 2018
is it worth holding out for a better price on the Dishonored collection later this week?

Check if you have the first game's levels as DLC for the second game (look in the library entry not the store). Otherwise, maybe contact IOI support.

thanks- i just installed HITMAN and played the first level, signed up for an IOI account and linked it. now i'm installing 2. some of the steam reviews made it look like it unlocks after completing the first level of 2. will find out soon!

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a bunch of games I've played this year that can't be nominated on Steam because of them being exclusive to other storefronts. That's the first time I can remember that happening.

I've played Metro Exodus, Rage 2, The Division 2, and The Outer Worlds. Gears5 did come out on Steam however.

(also this is a lame Steam sale)

(also also, I just got a mail for my month of EA Origin Access, lol)

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Hawke's Bay is the start of Hitman 2 so that I'd say.
Unless you'd like to start with Hitman 1, in which case I would start with the tutorial missions for that game (should be the farthest left in the interface). The levels should be ordered according to how the story plays out, but if you go through that mode it should just pop you into the right one I'd think.

Thanks. I'll finish up Hawkes Bay and then go back to the Hitman 1 content.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching a playthrough of Kings Field IV. Would love it if those came to PC. With a mod to pick up the pace of movement, I think they'd still play quite well today. Visually, this one at least holds up really well too. I bet the Dark Souls crowd would eat it up.

is it worth holding out for a better price on the Dishonored collection later this week?

thanks- i just installed HITMAN and played the first level, signed up for an IOI account and linked it. now i'm installing 2. some of the steam reviews made it look like it unlocks after completing the first level of 2. will find out soon!

That's a great price for those games. Between 1 and 2, I've played over 100 hours savoring every moment. Seems like it's also the lowest it's been. Solid pickup I'd think.

And yeah, I do vaguely recall some weirdness about having the original installed to get Hitman 2 to recognize it, now that you mention it. Hope that does the trick. Though, there is still content that's only in the OG version I believe.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Playing Death of the Outsider and seeing how well it runs makes me even more annoyed at how poorly optimised Dishonored 2 is. Such a shame especially when the first game ran great on a toaster.

5hade

Oct 27, 2017
probably a dumb question, but if i own HITMAN GOTY, why don't i own the GOTY Legacy Pack for 2 (i just bought 2 Gold Edition). the Legacy Pack description makes it sound like i should own it by default.

6KBrREC.png

Same thing happened to me when I bought it awhile back. Have you launched Hitman 2 yet? I believe you need to do that before it is added: HITMAN Legacy Pack FAQ

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
When is the rest of the December Humble Monthly coming out?

(And what are the chances its season pass 1 of Soul Calibur VI :x)

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Slim pickings this sale.

Good thing, I guess, since I just dropped a bunch of money on a Ryzen 3700x, GTX 1660ti, and a new mobo.

May 30, 2018
yeah, I do vaguely recall some weirdness about having the original installed to get Hitman 2 to recognize it, now that you mention it. Hope that does the trick. Though, there is still content that's only in the OG version I believe.

Same thing happened to me when I bought it awhile back. Have you launched Hitman 2 yet? I believe you need to do that before it is added: HITMAN Legacy Pack FAQ

just got past the first level, exited out, and it looks like it finally added the legacy pack. thanks!

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
A lot of titles on my steam wishlist have a pretty nice discount but I'm not really looking for something to play right now - so I should wait for the christmas sale, right?

e.g.
  • RE2 at 67%
  • Crash Bandicoot collection at 50%
  • wolfenstein 2 70%!
  • Hover 70%
  • Southpark but whole 80%
  • Shenmue I&II 66%
  • Into the Breach 50%
Christmas will add up for sure but these deals look pretty darn good. Think they'll get even better?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We have a Capcom rep that posts here and he already said in another thread RE2 and DMCV aren't going lower, at least on Steam. So RE2 is a safe buy.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
lol at this dumb glitch in jedi, got stuck on a ledge and couldn't jump off or do anything

The game is so fun, I almost never do much collecting in most games, but in this one even though the collectibles suck it's so much fun I am going for them all. at 95%

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Playing Death of the Outsider and seeing how well it runs makes me even more annoyed at how poorly optimised Dishonored 2 is. Such a shame especially when the first game ran great on a toaster.

Yeah, it's weird how much better it runs. I had to resort to using the dynamic resolution option in Dishonored 2, and even then it couldn't maintain 60 FPS. With DotO I had no trouble at all on a 1060.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Half Life Alyx Trailer passes 8M views with 416K likes and 14K dislikes. I this safe to say that announcement was success. Now to see if that will translate to sales and if game will review well.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Cyber PowerPC or NZXT? I can get things like $100 cheaper on BF via CYberpower. But shipping is better on NZXT and the parts look a bit better. Warranty is better on cyberpower

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
My list

Wish I could nominate Sekiro for more things, but oh well.

Second that. Really good game, one of my better discoveries from PS+. Even though the PS3 version was a technical mess I still enjoyed it, so on PC it should be good.
if I suck at videogames should I buy Sekiro
I suck at video games and I bought Sekiro and beat it 4 times, so, sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.