• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
GWQxlqx.png

98tT02E.png

Planet Zoo
- Baron von Loathsome

The last decade hasn't been great for Zoo Tycoon fans. After Zoo Tycoon 2 got its complete edition retail release in 2008, the series would be dormant for a few years, with its original developer closing its doors in 2011. Then finally, in 2013, a new Zoo Tycoon was revealed, and it was exclusive to the Xbox console family. And it was a Kinect title. Suffice it to say, even after its eventual PC port two years ago, it wasn't the game fans were hoping for. Other devs tried to pick up the series' torch in the meantime, but none of them ever really seemed to make much of an impression. So after the 2013 game, who would eventually step up to the plate and put forth the greatest effort to live up to the series' pedigree? The guys who made the 2013 game, apparently.

Thankfully, they have their own pedigree in the tycoon genre, having worked on Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and 3 and finding success a few years ago with the spiritual successor Planet Coaster. Planet Zoo, as the title indicates, looks to take the detailed player expression of Planet Coaster and apply it to the Zoo Tycoon mold, while bringing in a few new tricks. And unlike Planet Coaster, it's launching with a campaign mode for those more interested in the business side of things. It's pretty much exactly what I want from a zoo sim game on Steam, short of rereleasing Zoo Tycoon 2 and building off of that.

Red Dead Redemption 2
- Uzzy

Red Dead Redemption 2, by Rockstar Games, is a Western Action-Adventure Game, which sees you play as the outlaw Arthur Morgan, a member of Van Der Linde gang, struggling against the march of civilisation across the Old West, and looking for that one last job that'll see them set for retirement. Freely explore the open world, talk to or shoot a variety of locals, hunt, play poker, clean your weapons, carry stew across the map, dodge the U.S Marshals, hijack trains, fish, tame a horse and even do the occasional story mission.

There's little doubting that the scope and scale of Red Dead Redemption 2 is at the pinnacle of gaming, with widespread praise for the open world aspects, attention to lifelike detail and focus on just being there in the moment. The story too, the tale of Arthur Morgan's redemption or fall, has been widely praised, with thoughtful portrayals of nearly all the characters. Nearly all at least. It's undoubtedly a masterpiece, one with a very real human cost the Rockstar devs paid to bring it to us. Remember that while playing this Travis Willingham simulator.

Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
- eonden

Age of Empires 2 comes back to PC with better graphics, the same amazing play and NEW CAMPAIGNS!! (seriously, I am sure I read this some years ago) Play this marvelous new edition of AoE2 in your PC and remember the good old times of great MS Strategy Games, please get hyped for Relic's AoE4!

Uzzy It also notably features many campaigns where you get to kill the English pig-dogs. Including one featuring the original Sister of Battle, Joan of Arc. So that's fun!

STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order
- Uzzy

STAR WARS Jedi: Fallen Order, developed by Respawn Entertainment, is a 3rd person action adventure game, sees you take the role of the former Padawan Cal Kestis, in hiding after the galaxy-wide purge of the Jedi Order. After a salvage accident forces Cal to openly use the Force to save his friends, he finds himself hunted by an Imperial Inquisitor, out to capture him and eradicate any remaining Jedi Knights. Exploring a number of different worlds in any order, you'll jump head first into dangerous situations, dealing with them with lightsaber and the Force in hand.

The first of EA's games to return to Steam, and the first single player Star Wars game for quite some time, there's a lot riding on the shoulders of this game. And from what I've seen, there's some hope. There's a mix of Tomb Raider and God of War in there, with combat being a simple system that mixes lightsaber strikes and Force powers, building up to more tactical affairs in boss fights. Chris Avellone's worked on the story too, so maybe we're in for something good. Nothing is impossible with the Force.

Football Manager 2020
- Uzzy

Football Manager 2020, developed by Sports Interactive, is the latest in the long running line of football management/dream simulators, that allows you to take any football team to title glory or relegation nightmare. This year's version promises an enhanced youth development set up, so you can cry bitter tears as your wonderkid refuses to sign a new contract and leaves for Barca on a free next summer because you messed up your contract negotiations, leading to you getting the sack and ending up on beIN Sports doing punditry for FC St. Pauli vs Hamburger SV in 2. Bundesliga.

Ruiner of marriages, breaker of dreams, Football Manager is a drug that'll take control of your life and spit you out months later as you're evicted, holding onto your PC for a moment longer to see if your washed up veteran striker turns back the years to slot in that penalty to win you the cup. It's a true dream simulator, and the best Football game by a league or two. Who needs FIFA anyway?Football, bloody hell.

Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
- eonden

Age of Wonders: Planetfall Revelations adds the most important feature to the game: pigs as possible unit. Other minor stuff includes: more secret technology unearned from the fallen empire to destroy or assimilate your rivals, a new faction made from the poor souls that were not supposed to wake up and wake up with such a terrible hangover they might as well be dead,new cuddly robots that just want you to hug you (to death)and more.

LOST EMBER
- Uzzy

LOST EMBER, from Mooneye Studios, is a serene exploration game, where you play as a wolf exploring the ruins of the Yanrana culture. Possess any animal you come across on your journey, an eagle to soar into the skies, a carp to sneak through the water, an ox to ram through obstacles, on your way to discover the lost secrets the Yanrana left behind.

Just look at it. Look at that gorgeous art style, the music, the evocative soundtrack. It should be a auditory, visual and emotional treat for the heart, perfect for this cold nights.

Shenmue 3
- Mugen

It has now been 18 years since the last entry in the Shenmue-series was released on Dreamcast, ending on quite the cliffhanger. The series was at the time quite revolutionary and helped pave the way for the open-world genre. Starting November 19, we will finally get to know the next chapter for Ryo and Shenhua when they keep on searching for the murderer of Ryo's father, Lan Di, in rural China. As the older games (remasters of I&II are available on e.g. Steam), we anticipate a slower-paced action-adventure, with emphasis on exploration, investigation, martial arts and interesting characters.

After being announced as a Kickstarter-project during E3 2015 by industry legend Yu Suzuki, Shenmue III continued to amass over $7 million through crowdfunding. Despite this, Shenmue III has had it's fair share of controversy to say the least, mainly surrounding the game's production and publishing. However, recent impressions on the game's trial version sounds promising, among other things evoking the feeling of the previous games.

Blacksad: Under the Skin
Uzzy / Cor

Blacksad: Under the Skin, from Pendulo Studios and YS Interactive, and published by Microids, is an adventure game and adaptation of one of the best graphic novels to come out of Europe in the last few decades. You play as John Blacksad, a hardboiled private detective in 1950's New York, solving crimes in the film noir style. The owner of a Boxing Club is found dead, and the rising star has gone missing, and you've been hired by the owner's daughter to solve the case. You'll have to descend into the depths of New York, using all your detective powers and fighting skills to get out alive and just maybe bring the bad guy down.

Well this certainly looks the part, with a lovingly recreated world and characters straight out of the graphic novels, and the whole film noir adventure game is long overdue for a comeback. It's been how long since The Wolf Among Us? Hopefully this'll be good!

gK65o0a.png

nKyTRcp.png

Blade Runner - Uzzy

Early in the 21st Century, THE TYRELL CORPORATION advanced Robot evolution into the NEXUS phase - a being virtually identical to a human - known as a Replicant. The NEXUS 6 Replicants were superior in strength and agility, and at least equal in intelligence, to the genetic engineers who created them. Replicants were used Off-world as slave labor, in the hazardous exploration and colonization of other planets. After a bloody mutiny by a NEXUS 6 combat team in an Off-world colony, Replicants were declared illegal on earth - under penalty of death. Special police squads - BLADE RUNNER UNITS - had orders to shoot to kill, upon detection, any trespassing Replicant.

This was not called execution. It was called retirement.

LOS ANGELES
NOVEMBER, 2019

One of Westwood Studios' finest works, and quite a departure from the RTS fare the studio was more famous for, Blade Runner is one of the most atmospheric point and click adventure games ever made, though sadly almost impossible to get a hold of these days.You play as Ray McCoy, a rookie Blade Runner assigned to investigate a case of multiple animal murder. No person would murder one of the few remaining animals, so of course, Replicants are suspected in the crime. The game features a branching original storyline that can end in one of thirteen different ways, a side story set in the same time and place as the iconic and movie, cameos from some of the movie's characters (no Pris and her bangs, sorry Chloe) and the legendary Frank Klepacki scoring the game, based on Vangelis' work. You can currently play it on 64 bit PC's by installing it with this tool, and running it through ScummVM.

People who retired the right replicants.
JIfmoDo.png

Antichamber
- Parsnip

Antichamber is a first person puzzle game in a non-euclidean world that twists and turns as it twists and turns YOUR MIND.
Also, you get a weird gun.
Finish it, it's dope.

People who finished Antichamber
GxAoYEU.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK/POP.
  • Maybe try not to drive posters away for sharing their thoughts on video games, alright? If you're not wanting to purchase a game for any reason, and someone discusses it in entirely unrelated terms, you don't necessarily have to tell them that you're not going to purchase it for that reason. I know that's something I could do better myself. That's not to say you can't discuss that reason, of course, you just don't have to everytime someone mentions a game in an unrelated context.

LfFWMTH.png

• How do I use Gift Bot? - Check here.
  • How do I recommend a game / challenge / retro to the OP? - Send Uzzy a PM
  • What are Queen Of Hunting's reshades? How do I use them? - Reshade is an open-source advanced, fully generic post-processing injector for games and video. Queen has been working on Reshade sets for a while. Most examples of Reshades she has seen have been full of Bloom and other exaggerated effects. She wanted to go for more subtle changes, like removing horrible tints in games, maxing textures better or color correcting to enhance the atmosphere of games. You can find the excellent Reshade's here.

LwKHelT.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this link:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Delusibeta Delusibeta!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Delusibeta said:
Let's get this party started right

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: One Finger Death Punch 2 - Won by YuSuzzune YuSuzzune (24 entries)

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
Antichamber is a superb game. Took me some time to get into it but when it clicked it clicked hard. Play it people!

I didn't know LOST EMBER was so close! Nice!

Snazzy looking OP Uzzy :)

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Currently playing After Party, it's great! And Disco Elysium, It's amazing! Moons of Madness up next then RDR is all preloaded on rockstar launcher ready to replay that!

Star wars is going to be wonderful! Damn it's gonna be a good one!

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
This year's version promises an enhanced youth development set up, so you can cry bitter tears as your wonderkid refuses to sign a new contract and leaves for Barca on a free next summer because you messed up your contract negotiations

That's why it's not just my favourite sports game, it's my favourite soap opera sim.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Ah, I completely forgot about November recommendations. I would've written one for Fallen Order.

It's probably the only new game I'll pick up this month. Maybe.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
A Battletech, Age of Wonders: Planetfall, and maybe Stellaris xpac all in one month?

Hella is in heaven.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This new Atelier game is weird. Can't really express my feelings well on it.

EffettoNotte

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 17, 2019
Great OP as always.
RDR2 will be a blast to play on PC and Star Wars should be a decent game at least.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Exciting November.

Now just have to finish the games I got in October...

ultimate_sigh

Sep 29, 2019
im super curious to know how many people have their blade runner discs readily avaliable

I kind of do, but the last time I played through the game, the discs wouldn't even read from the DVD drive properly (when I last had one) so had to rip them from the CD just to finally complete it. Though it didn't feel THAT long ago, I'm sure I was using a 64 bit OS.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda wild to think we're in/on the verge of peak Blade Runner season and there's no remaster of the game.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Here for another relaxed month without a deluge of interesting new games to not finding the time to play!
( eyes glazing over list of games releasing this month )

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
Also ,here is a very interesting video about the making of that great blade runner game :

May 30, 2018
great fresh thread. hoping to work on Disco Elysium this weekend with Giant Bomb's Extra Life in the background.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I'm surprised that they're making a sequel as a result of the original becoming a dumb meme.

Jeff Gerstmann must be stopped.

Kinda wild to think we're in/on the verge of peak Blade Runner season and there's no remaster of the game.

One of the co-founders of Westwood Studios explained that they lost the source code and assets when they moved from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, which would make a remaster pretty difficult! It's a shame really, especially given that the original can't be legally obtained anymore.

Also ,here is a very interesting video about the making of that great blade runner game :

Excellent video!

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta appreciate the ACCC for Aussies:

https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/zenimax-to-refund-consumers-for-the-fallout-76-game

The ACCC has accepted a court-enforceable undertaking from three related video gaming companies after they acknowledged they were likely to have misled consumers about their consumer guarantee rights in relation to the online action game Fallout 76.

The companies, ZeniMax Media Inc, ZeniMax Europe Limited and ZeniMax Australia Pty Ltd (together, ZeniMax), accepted that their actions were likely to have contravened the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).

The ACCC received complaints that ZeniMax representatives told consumers that they were not entitled to a refund after they had experienced a variety of faults with the Fallout 76 game, including, in some cases, problems with the servers, lagging, graphic and visual problems.

"ZeniMax has acknowledged that they are likely to have misled certain Australian consumers about their rights to a refund when they experienced faults with their Fallout 76 game," ACCC Commissioner Sarah Court said.

ZeniMax will offer to provide refunds to consumers who contacted them between 24 November 2018 and 1 June 2019 to request a refund and have not already received one. Consumers who accept a refund will no longer be entitled to access and play the game.

"When a consumer buys a product it comes with automatic consumer guarantees, and retailers must ensure their refunds and returns policies do not misrepresent what the Australian Consumer Law provides," Ms Court said.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Halloween dead in a ditch, can we get into Christmas decoration now?

02hUQv0.jpg

Last edited:

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
AoE 2 DE is my most anticipated game of 2019, no joke.

Microsoft finally made a killer app to convince me to upgrade to Win10

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
As long as Sailor Moon is spared, I don't mind about this No Anime policy. If not, then...

IgQoQhZ.gif

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In the last thread someone said Voidu had RDR2 for 25 percent off, but I tried it and it's just 10. Region thing or did I miss a deal?

Looking for a deal but if it's just 5 or 6 bucks off I'll probably just go with the rockstar launcher for the upgrade + refund policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.