• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Just found the official answer to this, there is no offline mode at all

"Diablo 4 will not have an offline mode and will require an internet connection to play, Blizzard said during an interview at BlizzCon today.

We asked lead designer Joe Shely if it was possible to play Diablo 4 offline. "There's a large, seamless, connected, and shared space in the world, going down into dungeons, being able to group with your friends, trading and PvP. We feel that the best way to experience that is in a world that is online," Shely responded."

Blizzard remains dead to me, confirmed

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
It seems Microsoft has waved the optimisation wand at the UHD graphics pack for Age 2 DE. The full install size (game + DLC) is now "only" 51GB, down from just under 93GB.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Viken Viken!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

These are our awesome prizes:

4 gifts from Omni

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Deleted member 11025!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Override: Mech City Brawl - Won by Arsene no Kiseki Arsene no Kiseki (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Avernum 3: Ruined World - Won by rainking187 rainking187 (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: The Spiral Scouts - Won by Cels Cels (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Throne of Lies® The Online Game of Deceit - Won by Khilandros Khilandros (1 entry)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Was Avernum 3 on sale or something recently? Seen it pop up a few times in giveaways.

New Recommendations
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

Shenmue 3
- Mugen

It has now been 18 years since the last entry in the Shenmue-series was released on Dreamcast, ending on quite the cliffhanger. The series was at the time quite revolutionary and helped pave the way for the open-world genre. Starting November 19, we will finally get to know the next chapter for Ryo and Shenhua when they keep on searching for the murderer of Ryo's father, Lan Di, in rural China. As the older games (remasters of I&II are available on e.g. Steam), we anticipate a slower-paced action-adventure, with emphasis on exploration, investigation, martial arts and interesting characters.

After being announced as a Kickstarter-project during E3 2015 by industry legend Yu Suzuki, Shenmue III continued to amass over $7 million through crowdfunding. Despite this, Shenmue III has had it's fair share of controversy to say the least, mainly surrounding the game's production and publishing. However, recent impressions on the game's trial version sounds promising, among other things evoking the feeling of the previous games.

Blacksad: Under the Skin
Uzzy / Cor

Blacksad: Under the Skin, from Pendulo Studios and YS Interactive, and published by Microids, is an adventure game and adaptation of one of the best graphic novels to come out of Europe in the last few decades. You play as John Blacksad, a hardboiled private detective in 1950's New York, solving crimes in the film noir style. The owner of a Boxing Club is found dead, and the rising star has gone missing, and you've been hired by the owner's daughter to solve the case. You'll have to descend into the depths of New York, using all your detective powers and fighting skills to get out alive and just maybe bring the bad guy down.

Well this certainly looks the part, with a lovingly recreated world and characters straight out of the graphic novels, and the whole film noir adventure game is long overdue for a comeback. It's been how long since The Wolf Among Us? Hopefully this'll be good!

htp314

Oct 31, 2017
Thank you Anonymous user for sonic Adventure 2, I've always wanted to try this game.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
What would you say was your favourite skill? Volition pulled me through a lot of tough spots and I appreciated its role as the straight man to all the other skills (along with Esprit de Corps, to some extent).

I found Drama to be hilarious which helped put it up there! Empathy though, that led to some of the best parts of the game, talking to Cuno and Acele. Wonderful stuff.

Catshade

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone notice this in their humble monthly newsletter?

I know they said that it's coming in 2019, but from the wording looks like it's gonna be on whenever the next monthly is supposed to be unveiled (December 6th?).

Spend yesterday's evening playing Amnesia: Machine for Pigs.

The gameplay was simplified a lot compared to previous games. No more mental health. No more health items. You can still get physical damage, but you heal over time. No more oil/tinder boxen. Your latern now shines endlessly. This has pros and cons.
Hiding in the dark works now better (for me), cause there is no time limit. You can also look at the creatures instead of staring at the wall, what rises the tension. Your always equipped latern starts to flicker when an enemy is close by.
But that also means, there is no reason to look around the area for items any longer. In the worst case you'll only miss a note.
It is always very, very dark, you really need the lantern constantly, what I found a bit exhausting to look at.

They kept the respawn/despawn mechanic to some extend, but the monsters are a lot more forgiving than before. More like Penumbra. You can take a few more hits in and they are not as fast, so you can outrun them easier. It is not that frustrating anymore.

The inventory is gone. Sometimes you still need items, but then you carry it in front of you through the room. Also no more puzzles that use the game's physics. While I still enjoyed what the game did, this was a bit of a bummer.

The game is very staged. If you are in the right place at the right time, you can see a monster running past a gate or similar things. That rises a constant feel of uneasiness. If you are too slow, you'll miss that, tho.
Later on in the game you can have a good look at the monsters on several occasions, what I found very scary. The fear of the unknown surely is a thing, but seeing what monstrosities are with you down there, isn't calming either.

My favourite moment is the ride with the elevator down, when the opera like music starts. It is used later on again, and I really love that.
Also when the pigs overrun the city, with you everytime one step behind, watching helplessly how they feast on the people.
But they don't use the "something has changed behind my back" thing as much as the first did, and I kinda missed that. They go a little bit more for jumpscares, I'd say.

What completely lost me was the story. While the first had a nice lovecraftian background and was pretty straight forward, Machine for Pigs seems sooo bloated. Words over words, full of metaphors and overblown language. I lost interest to read the journals more and more. While I could grasp the basics of the story, I had to read the Wiki article afterwards to get the whole picture.

Another bummer is the game's performance - the framerate likes to drop. With a quick glance on Google it is a known issue, that never got fixed. I turned down some minor things in the options, what seemed to help. Later on, whenever the framerate acted up, I chilled a few seconds in the options menu, and everything was fine again, when I went back. Weird thing.

It's a bit shorter, needed somewhat around 4,5 hours. When I felt the urge to quit, I figured, I must be so close to the end, there wouldn't be much left for the next day, so I just pulled through in one session.
I find it hard to say, wich one I like more. Both have their pros and cons. But I missed the puzzles Dark Descent has, the clearer story and it had more different looking enviroments. If you don't get frustrated by the monsters, it is the overall better experience, I'd say.

But the real question is at the end of the day: Why did he need a secret passage to spy on his own wife bathing? Can't you just like, ask her if you can join her or something?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
x057gNF.png

iP4M4G8.png

JhcerWG.png

SKfXa9s.png

RAwyZKV.png

WmR62wd.png

XhtLJYp.png

Game still looks so gooood.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I'm playing Afterparty and...holy hell this game is boring. I loved Oxenfree but this game's pacing is terrible and I find the plot uninteresting too.

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Is Planet Zoo going to be available from third party sellers like Humble or GMG? Just curious as to what sort of potential discount might be available around launch.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favourite thing about Diablo 4 is that it probably won't be released before 2021, so it won't collide with PoE 4.0. Possibly with PoE 4.5 or something, but no biggie.

Amir

Jun 7, 2018
My favourite thing about Diablo 4 is that it probably won't be released before 2021, so it won't collide with PoE 4.0. Possibly with PoE 4.5 or something, but no biggie.
They have demo right now but since they don't even take any pre-order, yeah end of 2021 likely!!

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Summer 2021 target, and then they're going to delay to March 2022.

At least, that's the way the old Blizzard would do it. These days, probably March 2021. Gotta get that money as soon as possible.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, quick question...

A friend of mine is about to buy a Radeon RX590 but he's not playing games too much so he was planning on giving me the copy of GR Breakpoints that comes with it... Is it possible to do even if I don't have an AMD card in my PC? What kind of restrictions are they putting on that stuff (if any)?

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Hey guys, quick question...

A friend of mine is about to buy a Radeon RX590 but he's not playing games too much so he was planning on giving me the copy of GR Breakpoints that comes with it... Is it possible to do even if I don't have an AMD card in my PC? What kind of restrictions are they putting on that stuff (if any)?
AFAIK how that sort of thing works is you run their tool, which generates a Steam or other platform code, and then that would be free to use by anyone. So your friend will probably have to do that first step.

Amir

Jun 7, 2018
Summer 2021 target, and then they're going to delay to March 2022.

At least, that's the way the old Blizzard would do it. These days, probably March 2021. Gotta get that money as soon as possible.
They can't repeat their mistakes with diablo 3 launch. It should be without bug or any problem. March 2022 we will see diablo 4!

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Oh btw, I see in the Steam Chat settings that there is an option to append the nicknames to the Steam Username (which is great) but is there no way to just show Nicknames instead? The actual Steam names are kinda useless for me in most cases

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The talk on the latest Crate and Crowbar podcast about TOW summed up my feelings on the game pretty well. Feels too familiar and safe to really grab me in any meaningful way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.