• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
How is controller support in Outer Worlds?

Tempted to sub to Gamepass just to play this... 👀

Never had any issues with an Xbox One controller. Worked as I expect it does on the consoles.

Only complaints was the radial menu to select weapons, which sometimes would close after selecting a weapon but not actually switch. I just tapped Y to cycle weapons instead of using the radial menu.

Also choosing a specific slot to equip a weapon is a bit odd, having it not just go in the first slot takes a few button presses in a menu that is not very readable.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
They are percentages of 4k

85% and 75% of native

the new scaling thing in control panel adds them as custom resolutions selectable in-game

Oh ok great now I see those other resolutions in game but they still show up no matter what I have the sharpening filter slider set too. I think that image sharpening slider might be a separate control different than altering the resolution. It might do the same thing as the sharpening filter did inside the geforce experience? That slider controls the additional sharpness you want to apply to the game.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
In regards to? I only ask because I was just there finishing up a quest. xD

Back on GAF a bunch of us kicked into a community pot to raise (I think) $5,000 to purchase an Inn through the Kickstarter. So you'll see a few nods to certain personalities, for better and worse.

The same thing happened with Deadfire only this time it was an entire island! Then the old place went caput and everyone thought it best if Obsidian could more or less drop all references to it from the game.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any suggestions for wireless keyboards for couch gaming? Mostly want it just to be able to alt + tab and navigate windows while on my couch. I already have a wireless mouse so that's not needed although it would be nice if the keyboard had a touchpad but it's not technically needed.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Oh ok great now I see those other resolutions in game but they still show up no matter what I have the sharpening filter slider set too. I think that image sharpening slider might be a separate control different than altering the resolution. It might do the same thing as the sharpening filter did inside the geforce experience? That slider controls the additional sharpness you want to apply to the game.

Yes, the checkbox adds the custom resolutions at rounded percentages of native and that is separate from the sharpening, but is in the same menu because they are intended to be used together.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any suggestions for wireless keyboards for couch gaming? Mostly want it just to be able to alt + tab and navigate windows while on my couch. I already have a wireless mouse so that's not needed although it would be nice if the keyboard had a touchpad but it's not technically needed.

I use this entertainment keyboard/touch pad combo strictly for windows usage.

That is all it is good for though. It's not made for games. You will be disappointed if you want to use it for gaming, the touch pad isn't responsive enough. The keyboard buttons are good, it's nice and small and the touch pad is ok (nothing amazing but it does the job). There is also a button on the top left end of the keyboard for left click which is very useful. I basically use this entertainment keyboard whenever I want to enable "console mode" on my pc to play with a controller. Whenever I need to get around windows its something small and functional I can use.

Yes, the checkbox adds the custom resolutions at rounded percentages of native and that is separate from the sharpening, but is in the same menu because they are intended to be used together.

Ok, makes sense. Hopefully this option becomes selectable in game in the future because I really don't want to apply any sharpening if I'm using native resolution. I guess I can just add support per game in the NVCP in the meantime.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
amazon has a bunch of wireless keyboards on sale today

I have a K400 (with touchpad), but it's definitely not going to be useful for games. I just purchased a Logitech G613 today, which is more geared towards gaming.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
1 gift from Arcsurvivor

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Arcsurvivor Arcsurvivor!

This is a three-day raffle that will expire in 72 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: Suicide Guy: Sleepin' Deeply - Won by Cloudst69 Cloudst69 (1 entry)

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
After looking around, I actually don't think you're going to do much better than what you've already found if you absolutely want a 27" 1440p/144Hz monitor. There's an AOC monitor with identical features at roughly the same price, so it might actually be using the same panel as this Samsung model. There's very few professional reviews out there on this thing, and what I did find makes it sound like it has a lot of the same shortcomings as that AOC, namely: noticeable ghosting and poor color-reproduction compared to other VA panels of this type, but otherwise highly responsive.

If $300 is the maximum budget, you might actually get a bigger bang for your buck looking for a 24" display instead.

Gonna do a little more looking around though and I'll edit this post if I find anything worth mentioning.

Last edited:

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Since the update, Steam usually takes a closing and a reopening in order for the it to actually work. Anyone else with this issue?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda have feeling that I am only one that doesn't have any issues with Steam Client and I am running Beta version for like years XD

Kiru

Oct 25, 2017
I only want the keyboard for windows navigation so I guess I'm getting a K400 Plus. I was looking at it yesterday and I think it was $25? Thanks for informing me about the daily deal
I can vouch for the K400 (non plus for me). Nice keyboard for basic controls. Works even on my 2013 FHD Smart TV when I put the dongle inside the TV's USB port.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Planet Zoo reviews are starting to come out.

Seem pretty positive though some have noted that the extra management involved makes it occasionally a lot more stressful than Planet Coaster (and a few bugs and UI issues). Though that may be a positive for people who felt Planet Coaster was lacking in management challenge.
That's definitely music to my ears. I want my management sims to have their difficulty in managing things efficiently.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I think some of the management difficulty comments are less about inherent difficulty and more that there is almost always something that needs doing: there are a lot of plates to spin.

charlieman999

Oct 29, 2017
Spain
x057gNF.png

iP4M4G8.png

JhcerWG.png

SKfXa9s.png

RAwyZKV.png

WmR62wd.png

XhtLJYp.png

Game still looks so gooood.

Im not a fan of the Assassin creed games but holy moly this game is a looker, i have it in my uplay account from when they gave it away for free, might have to give it a try some time.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Is the Game Pass for PC app a laggy piece of shit for anyone else?

Otherwise it's nice to have, with all these free codes from the Alienware thing + my 3700X I just use it as a trial service and add the good stuff to my Steam wishlist.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Is the Game Pass for PC app a laggy piece of shit for anyone else?

Otherwise it's nice to have, with all these free codes from the Alienware thing + my 3700X I just use it as a trial service and add the good stuff to my Steam wishlist.
Funny enough it just got an update to the client. Allows game bar scrolling with mouse wheel now which is nice plus a neat way of installing games suggested by the random picker button.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Questions for you guys with something I could use some help with. Does anyone know the best way to wrangle a multi screen setup on win 10 on two separate screens?

I have my TV hooked up to my PC that I wanted to make as a comfy couch setup but turns out it isnt as easy as I hoped. I use extend screen so that I can turn to the PC feed on the TV when I feel like it but it is a hassle trying to get programs or games to show up on the TV because everything just sticks to the monitor part of windows. Idk why when you hit win+P the sidebar option does not show up on both screens. Like wtf, who designed this to be like that?

My current method is to wing it and use a wireless keyboard to hit win+P 3 times so that I choose the second screen only options. The distance from the TV and monitor are quite a ways so it is not easy to see if I am doing it right or when I have the monitor switched off but it is the best way I have found so far.

Like I have a somewhat decent solution to my particular problem but I am wondering if anyone knows a better way to go about it.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017

I bought an Anker CB310 about 3-4 years ago for that purpose and its worked a treat. Was only about £15-20ish. It was a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. Not sure if that model is still on sale but any cheepy similar one would probably suit you.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to filter my wishlist by tag in Steam?
The client doesn't support it since apparently the wishlist search just searches the actual results page, which doesn't include tags anymore.
Any userscript, 3rd party service?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
You can't add RDR2 as non-Steam Shortcut because you can't even run game from Shortcut on Desktop that was created by Launcher itself XD Instead of starting Launcher when you run executable you get message to run game from Launcher XD

Status
Not open for further replies.