• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
But is there really any link to real life physics in this game? I think it was the lack of tutorial that threw me off. I didn't understand how to break double bounds (or even bounds), for example, and I was trying to find my way around it, until I understood you just needed to add hydrogen.
Similarly, I'm not totally sure in what sequence the things happen. Sometimes it feels like all the instructions in a line happens at the same time, but some other times it seems that some actions within a line have priority over others, even when they don't seem to contradict each other?
For example, I think the "result" action needs to be on a line of its own, or it will almost always contradict another action. Maybe.
So yeah, my difficulties are more the lack of explanations to the puzzle and the need to experiment and figure them out myself. I have trouble to relate that to the "real" rules of physics...
well sure it does! Carbon has 4 valence electrons allowing it to bond 4 times! oxygen only has 2! so if you have want something to stop bonding with something else you can throw a hydrogen at it that will take up one of the "slots" of bonding. same if you take one away, itll make a double bond with something else if it can for instance! it makes a lot more sense than spacechems bonding where you had to put stuff on spaces for some reason

some of the rules are going to come down to experimentation, but it will usually not favor triple or even double bonds forming if it can just like real life!

the specific orders seem to be enacted randomly in a line, i think its supposed to act like its simultaneously so you cant really game it. if you want something to happen after something else you have to put it on the next line.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
I bought The Evil Within and it feels like a seasickness simulator, like you're walking around the inside of a boat. Even just walking slowly causes the camera to bob and sway, I've never seen the like of it. I had to quit after about 10 minutes and take a break from using the computer. Even Half-Life 2's vehicle sections didn't affect me that quickly.

There are various other camera fixes but there doesn't seem to any way to disable the bobbing.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to get really excited for Fallen Order. This will be the first game release I've been excited for since switching over to PC gaming earlier this year. My Pulse 5700 should be arriving tomorrow as well (upgrading from a GTX 970), so it should hopefully make the experience all the more enjoyable.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
You can't add RDR2 as non-Steam Shortcut because you can't even run game from Shortcut on Desktop that was created by Launcher itself XD Instead of starting Launcher when you run executable you get message to run game from Launcher XD
Yikes. Between this and all the performance issues im reading about I can wait a month for this to get patched up first.

1 gift from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from an anonymous user!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Anonymous said:
giphy.gif

These are our awesome prizes:

• Whatever Dauntless Uses Whatever Dauntless Uses: Dauntless Twitch Pack - Won by Khilandros Khilandros (1 entry)

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
Forgive me if this the wrong thread for it, but I had a question as someone who has an old gaming rig and is trying to upgrade. So I have a rig I built back in 2011 with an obsolete motherboard, CPU, GPU, etc. Would it be feasible to completely build a brand new PC capable of running 4K gaming, but still be able to use the HDD and SSD from the old PC? I wasn't too sure if there was possibly a compatibility issue or not.
What HDD and SSD is it?

99% of the time it's fine, but I've had issues with an SSD before due to it not being compatible with modern processors. It was an OCZ Vertex 3 which had an old controller and wasn't supported by Intel Skylake or its successors.

Taken too much chemistry in my life
Is this a synonym for drugs? 🤔

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe in the year 2019 I'm solving a PC game issue by fucking updating my bios.

XR.

Nov 22, 2018
I was planning on getting RDR2 on Steam but seeing all of these issues I'm thinking I should just wait for a good deal next year.

It's rather surprising considering GTA V was very consistent.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Still no Free Orign Access for me. I hope that they will grant it before Star Wars Trial is out on Access, I want to try it.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
This one month delay for RDR2 Steam version will actually help game on Steam XD If it was released yesterday by now it would be like at 30% positive reviews XD

Deleted member 15476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good thing EGS and R* Launcher aren't bloated with useless features like user reviews. I can always trust reputable sites like pcgamesn for that.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
The new pirate sharing site.
If you install a game through the store by logging into someone else's account, you can continue to play the installed game even if you log back into your own account.
The exploit was consistently replicable even when creating a completely new account that doesn't own any games. As well as making a new account we even tested the exploit on a third machine and the exploit persisted, meaning that it is almost certainly possible to do this with any account, on any machine.

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wtb e-friend who has an EGS account with Control and is willing to tell me their password. Will only require 1-time access.

xD lol

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Just like Family Sharing on Steam, without the hassle of asking for machine authorization.

Actually, cannot people log in with the same EGS account on two different machines? Then cannot they simultaneously play?

With Steam, you can be logged in on different machines, but cannot simultaneously play. With EGS, I am not sure anything would be checked.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, another problem is that if you refund the game and you still have it installed, there is no verification that you own it, leading to you being able to continue playing the game for an indefinite amount of time (like it happened with Borderlands).

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
That sounds like a lot more effort than just actually going to go pirate the games.
Piracy needs scene release, this does not.

Borderlands 3 only got cracked after more than 90 days or so. RDR2 is not cracked immediately either.

I mean, another problem is that if you refund the game and you still have it installed, there is no verification that you own it, leading to you being able to continue playing the game for an indefinite amount of time (like it happened with Borderlands).
Yeah, everyone can just buy the games and ask for refund. Voila, free games.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Piracy needs scene release, this does not.

Borderlands 3 only got cracked after more than 90 days or so. RDR2 is not cracked immediately either.

Borderlands 3 hasn't even been out for 60 days.

Does this method give the players access to online and patches? Cuz then I could see it being somewhat appealing to people that are willing the scam the system.

But still, waiting for a crack seems to me to be easier than like, scamming someone out of their password, or finding someone else to scam Epic with, or doing refund juggling.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Well Remedy tried to implement DLC ownership verification for Control and we all know how that ended.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Borderlands 3 hasn't even been out for 60 days.

Does this method give the players access to online and patches? Cuz then I could see it being somewhat appealing to people that are willing the scam the system.

But still, waiting for a crack seems to me to be easier than like, scamming someone out of their password, or finding someone else to scam Epic with, or doing refund juggling.
Right. I knew that the game was out in September, but somehow I was thinking a month and a half is 90 days lol.

Anyway, I just browsed Reddit and found this gif. xD

[Mod Edit: Removed link to piracy related reddit]

Last edited by a moderator:

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
So Steam might be working on cloud gaming service, "Steam Cloud Gaming".

Ability to get cloud and local copy for one price? Best of both worlds.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So Steam might be working on cloud gaming service, "Steam Cloud Gaming".

Ability to get cloud and local copy for one price? Best of both worlds.
I expected that to happen after they "finished" Remote play with the coop update, it is the clear evolution. It is also a direct competition to XCloud, which also supposedly offers the best of both worlds.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm starting to get really excited for Fallen Order. This will be the first game release I've been excited for since switching over to PC gaming earlier this year. My Pulse 5700 should be arriving tomorrow as well (upgrading from a GTX 970), so it should hopefully make the experience all the more enjoyable.

Built my new rig last week. Bought Doom on sale and gave Destiny 2 a shot now it's F2P, but other than that Fallen Order will be the first *new* game I buy that puts my system through its paces.

Pretty hyped.

GhostBanana

Mar 18, 2019
Hamburg
I went to EGX Berlin over the weekend and was given a code for Doom (2016). I already have the game so I'm giving it away to whoever DMs me. The only catch is that it is a German Steam code and you must be in Germany. I think it also requires you to make an account on GamesPlanet.com. Hit me up!

Equirah

Oct 25, 2017
Just like Family Sharing on Steam, without the hassle of asking for machine authorization.

Actually, cannot people log in with the same EGS account on two different machines? Then cannot they simultaneously play?

With Steam, you can be logged in on different machines, but cannot simultaneously play. With EGS, I am not sure anything would be checked.
Steam will end the first session if someone logs in elsewhere

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Gonna be playing Life is Strange 2 this month, starting tonight (after my EU4 session). Good timing for this video to be put out then, explaining how you bond with your little bro Daniel.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Another underrated feature of Gears 5: an NPC will tell you when an area has been fully looted. No more checking in every corner.

Andres

Oct 25, 2017
So weird thing happened last night while playing Guacamelee 2 with a friend via Remote Play Together. It was the second time doing this and for some reason I had some fps drops, nothing major but it was distracting. Suddenly Parsec on my friends side kept opening her web browser and sending her to the website for Parsec. She forced closed Parsec and suddenly the fps drops stopped on my side. We played for at least 2 hours after that and I never experienced the fps drops again.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
So weird thing happened last night while playing Guacamelee 2 with a friend via Remote Play Together. It was the second time doing this and for some reason I had some fps drops, nothing major but it was distracting. Suddenly Parsec on my friends side kept opening her web browser and sending her to the website for Parsec. She forced closed Parsec and suddenly the fps drops stopped on my side. We played for at least 2 hours after that and I never experienced the fps drops again.
Why is Parsec opening itself in Remote Play Together? Is Steam maybe using them for that? It would be weird they are not saying they are partnering if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.